PDA

View Full Version : Gunmaster - worth it?

Nuck
Jul 3, 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm currently a level 5 Cast Fortegunner who usually uses rifles. Is it worth my while to transfer my type to a GM?

While it does up my HP, ATA, ATP, DFP, it also reduces my EVP a great deal. Will it matter?

SStrikerR
Jul 3, 2009, 08:29 PM
Wrong forum. This is PSO general, you want PSU general. Don't make another topic though, just wait for Alex, our resident mod, to move it.
Also yes, gunmaster is very much worth it. It's ahrd to level but once you get higher up your stats will be amazing, and you will be able to solo almost any mission, if you wish to.

Edit: Oh, and your sig might be too long. You might want to check the rules or PM a mod to make sure it isn't breaking the rules.

Smidge204
Jul 3, 2009, 08:45 PM
Gunmaster gets you lvl 50 PAs and (slightly) faster firing rates. The increase in firing speed is more noticeable at mid-PA levels (30-40) but it is slightly better. Team up with someone and run Egg Thieves for MP and you'll be a level 20 GM in under a week.

Level 50 lasers are totally worth it by themselves. :D Pew pew!
=Smidge=

Nuck
Jul 3, 2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys. Forgive my noobish mistakes :)

Talise
Jul 5, 2009, 07:21 PM
Simply put, Gunmaster is the master of rifles. Faster firing speed, and lvl 41+ bullets get increased element+effect, so ya. Also, gunners, dun need to evade dat much it'll hardly matter.

Randomness
Jul 5, 2009, 08:22 PM
Simply put, Gunmaster is the master of rifles. Faster firing speed, and lvl 41+ bullets get increased element+effect, so ya. Also, gunners, dun need to evade dat much it'll hardly matter.

Eh... I think the current event mission disagrees. Especially the first block, with its solid walls of grants waiting to eat you alive.

But then, GM does have twins for such issues.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 5, 2009, 10:39 PM
All you have to do in the first block is shoot the trap in the air and all the enemies die right as the chip appears.

And GM is really the be-all end-all class IMO.

Hrith
Jul 6, 2009, 05:15 AM
But then, GM does have twins rifles for such issues.Better.

that cast named kai
Jul 6, 2009, 09:40 AM
*shrug*

if you love the pallet choices then go it,

but if you are doing it for just cause you like rifles, i am not sure it is best thing to do.

i would say experiment with shotguns, lasers cannons, and twin handguns to see if they would be as worthwhile to switch or not, as well see if you want to work with the other 'ranger' weapons available to the fortegunner pallet and see what 'clicks' also

oh well, i am not trying to stop you or anything, just fully explore everything with forte before jumping into GM

Hanz Gropenfondel
Jul 6, 2009, 10:50 AM
Actually, Hrith, it was correct the first time.
Why would you pull out a rifle while walls of grants is being launched at you?
You'll want the mobility and DPS twins give to dodge while doing massive damage.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 6, 2009, 11:17 AM
Or do what I do and whip out a shotgun with a high level Ice Bullet and start shooting wildly while screaming to yourself "This is a bad idea! Really really bad idea!".

Recklessness FTW.

Hrith
Jul 6, 2009, 02:19 PM
You'll want the mobility and DPS twins give to dodge while doing massive damage.1) Rifle has higher DPS
2) Rifle has more range than Olgohmons
3) ??????
4) profit

Twin handguns are 100% useless on Gunmaster, full stop.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 6, 2009, 04:11 PM
1) Rifle has higher DPS
2) Rifle has more range than Olgohmons
3) ??????
4) profit
That's what someone afraid of getting hurt would do... Please don't hurt me!
Real man would JC+ wall of grants with laser for 180% counter!

FG gets lvl 50 rifle later, and does 25% more damage than GM anyway, mechgun alone does 1500 per shot.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 6, 2009, 05:55 PM
Actually that wall of Grants everyone is wiggin about is actually quite easy to dodge. When facing an enemy make sure your got some room to your left or right. When they let off the "Wall" just move 3 steps to the left or right. Should go right by ya. Now if the game gave extra exp for stuff "grazing" you. I'd be level 110 by now!

biggabertha
Jul 6, 2009, 06:09 PM
Aw nuts...

I've been strong-arming that wall of Grants and using my Laser Cannon to kill those things in a few shots while chomping 4 or so Trimates..!

Sure it's not safe at all and a critical WILL kill me from those buffed things but it sure beats the crap out of them faster and it's nice to see nearly 10k on the screen in one go..!

I'm so grateful I'm a human so I can take those hits (somewhat...)

But hands down, I'd say Gunmaster is definitely worth it. Use Twin Handguns when you feel lazy or if you want to look cool but for damage...?

Man... my set of Twin Handguns for my Gunmaster isn't even over Lv. 14 on ANY of the eight PAs... they're so short-ranged after being used to Rifles and so weak compared to Shotgun. If we didn't have the Laser then I'd say Twin Penetration would be semi-decent drawing a crowd but we DO have Love Beam-of-Death or the Photon Acupuncture Cannon.

But damn do some Twin Handguns look/sound cool...

Talise
Jul 6, 2009, 07:38 PM
You'll want the mobility and DPS twins give to dodge while doing massive damage.

how can anyone fail to doge with a rifle on a GU? They barely stand still. Maybe it's a question of skill, not weapons. Secondly, what Hrith said: rifle range>spell range. Last of all, why would you need to dodge so much in the first place when you knock the majority of everything down?

Hrith
Jul 7, 2009, 05:15 AM
That's what someone afraid of getting hurt would do... Please don't hurt me!
Real man would JC+ wall of grants with laser for 180% counter!

FG gets lvl 50 rifle later, and does 25% more damage than GM anyway, mechgun alone does 1500 per shot.lol :P Well not yet on our servers.
GM still has higher DPS, anyway =/