PDA

View Full Version : Can Hunters Use Rifles?

Malcolm
Mar 3, 2001, 04:13 AM
I know this is a stupid question... But during one of the quest, I saw a female hunter(npc) holding a rifle... So I was just wondering if hunters can use a rifle...

Mindblade
Mar 3, 2001, 04:19 AM
Npoe. I think you mistaked Elenor(RAnewreal or something like that) for a hunter. Sorry.

rekonstruct
Mar 3, 2001, 04:24 AM
RAnewreal.... heh

Bman
Mar 3, 2001, 04:25 AM
No, I think there was a quest where there was a HUnewearl carrying a rifle. I think it was "The Graves Butler". One of the rooms in cave 1, you come across the hunter chick wearing one of the alternate costumes, and a male ranger (?).

In any event, the answer is no. Hunters cannot use standard rifles. (Though perhaps there's a special weapon rifle that hunters can equip.)

Sylvette
Mar 3, 2001, 04:27 AM
Actually in one quest (the Grave's Butler, I think) there IS a hunter holding a rifle. But no, regular hunters can not equip rifles. There are rumors of an item that allows you to equip weapons intended for a different class, but I don't think anybody's ever really seen this. You'll notice that a lot of the NPCs don't really follow the standards for equipping stuff.

Malcolm
Mar 3, 2001, 04:29 AM
I know that fellor is an android! I mean the quest in the caves... you know like looking for Martha Graves Butler... there are two non-moveable npcs that tells you something about the Butler... For the FEMALE HUNTER that is holding a rifle YOU HAVE TO LOOK CAREFULLY TO SEE HER. And this is not a joke. One more thing the other Npc with her is like a character from the game Star Gladiator 2 the one with the Big Brains...

Butter-Knife
Mar 3, 2001, 04:30 AM
With God/Equipment you can equip any item...

Malcolm
Mar 3, 2001, 04:32 AM
Hmm? Really? Thanks! And where did you find it?

SilentMetronome
Mar 3, 2001, 06:31 AM
Any confirmation on this God/Equipment? It sure as heck isn't in the "Perfect" Guide by Versus Books so I'm in high question... That'd be a bit cheap too as it'd eliminate any point in the whole "class-specific" weapons... Though I guess S.Needle already does that...

Hmm, anyone know what Spread Needle looks like? The rifle or something that is said to be usable by Hunters? If it looks like a normal rifle then that could be what the HUnewearl is using... Dunno...

Butter-Knife
Mar 3, 2001, 07:04 AM
I've heard about it.. i'm not sure if it exist.. but im pretty sure.

SilentMetronome, many things aren't in the 'perfect guide'.

btw.. spread needle looks like a crossbow.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Butter-Knife on 2001-03-03 04:05 ]</font>

PhantomAlpha
Mar 3, 2001, 09:12 AM
O yea in the blach paper quest there's a ranger using a halbert.

SilentMetronome
Mar 3, 2001, 11:01 AM
Hmm k I realize there are some items that aren't in the Perfect Guide...

But I don't suppose you have a picture of God/Equipment do you? That sounds pretty messed up how it lets any character use any weapon... Pretty much eliminates the need to be a specific class doesn't it?

Hmm, quite interesting to hear of this "new" Unit though. But as always, I'm the skeptical one who believes in facts and pictures... Cool sounding Unit though.

Star_Angel
Mar 3, 2001, 04:34 PM
Alot of the japanese sites have God/Equipment listed... so it must exist in the game... I suppose it's one of those ultra-rare finds that I'm sure eventually will be duped off the endagered from extinction list

iNiGHTS
Mar 3, 2001, 05:01 PM
What is up with the stupid duping? can't anyne enjoy a game without cheats?

What is the point of playing if you got everything and hit lv oh lets say 50.. there is no point in going on.. only reason to play pass lv 50 or so.. if to find items... unless you like to help newbies (different story but still against cheating..)...

iNiGHTS
Mar 3, 2001, 05:03 PM
Hmm about the spread needle.... if hunters can use that... can a ranger use chain swad? just question to see how incredibly strong hunters are...

http://www.badassbuddy.com/images/buddies/badassbuddy_com-snipebuddy.gif
Class: RAmar
Name: BIG
Color: All green
Section ID: Viridia
Level: Still all time low http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: iNiGHTS on 2001-03-03 14:04 ]</font>