PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY 4TH!!!

DB
Jul 4, 2009, 02:45 PM
Just thought i'd post up here to say happy 4th of July to everyone! I hope you all go get to see some fireworks with family/friends, and you all have a generally good time today! (July 4th, Saturday)

In fact I hope you all get to see some pretty kick ass fire works.

I know i'm looking forwards to some!

WOOOOO!

Dhylec
Jul 4, 2009, 03:31 PM
Happy 4th!
Ya know, they reopen lady Liberty's crown to visitors again today to celebrate the event.

Zekester
Jul 4, 2009, 07:13 PM
Happy 4th.

Be safe.

Alcohol + fireworks = fun, but dangerous.

Sinue_v2
Jul 4, 2009, 09:41 PM
I didn't go to see the fireworks this year. Our local cities all had their shows during the past week so as to not conflict with the major shows in Ft. Wayne, S. Bend, Indy, etc, I assume. Still, there's plenty of private and family celebrations firing off shells.

I didn't go to any of those either.

I spent about 15 ~ 20 minutes on my back porch in the last ebbing moments of twilight watching an almost ominous overcast sky obscured by the haze of fog and smoke from concussion shells. I stared up at the swirling clouds and listened to the steam of high pitched screams and snaps, and the bellowing thunder of larger blasts. In the distance, I saw a regiment of troops flanking enemy lines through the trees, ducking and dispersing behind cover with the blasts. I saw men falling in the field, and pushing the advance. The images swirled as fluidly as the clouds, from men in red coats to brown peasantry clothes, then from grey uniforms to blue - then to green uniforms, and brown and tan camouflage and beyond. I saw the fashions of the uniforms change with each man who fell, morphing through the centuries. Their adornments changed... from bibles to gas masks to GPS navigation...

... and they all shared the same battlefield, just over the hill out direct of sight... you had to strain your eyes to see their obscured silhouettes slipping in and out of the mist, killing and being killed, advancing and retreating, crying and screaming.

I wonder, how many others, are also out there with me. Those of us not watching the fireworks display, but listening to the mock sounds of battle ringing through America's heartland in celebration of that struggle which birthed and preserved this nation through the centuries, and watching the history of sacrifice they represent play out before them in the swirling mists and in the faint corners of their peripheral vision.

... and no, I'm not tripping.

SStrikerR
Jul 5, 2009, 05:20 PM
... and no, I'm not tripping.
Yes you are. :wacko:

So yesterday I saw some pretty amazing fireworks, the best I've ever seen. After the "finale" we (my family) got up to leave, but before we had moved anywhere, we turned around because we heard a little pop. One last rocket was shot up, and the following mix of colors and sound was incredible.

...Shame half the shit was hidden by some trees. :disapprove:

joefro
Jul 5, 2009, 05:41 PM
I got extremely sun burnt yesterday. I was in the pool all day, and apparently spf 30 doesn't work very well. My head is completely red (I'm nearly bald) and my nose is blistering... It was a very nice fourth still.

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2009, 06:53 PM
I played in a softball tournament. Last year we smoked everyone and won the whole thing. So this year I was VERY overconfident. Then 3 players on our team couldn't make it....2 of out home run hitters and our fast outfielder....so we didn't even win one game.

On the plus side I hit a monster home run....which was our only offense for the one game.

Then we drank, and the softball gave me a terrible sunburn.

I predict Second American Revolution in our lives.

Leviathan
Jul 5, 2009, 08:22 PM
I watched Transformers again.

No barbecue. :[

Omega_Weltall
Jul 5, 2009, 08:50 PM
slept, worked, painted warhammer 40k miniatures, sleep.

goldbrease
Jul 5, 2009, 11:38 PM
i woke up, ate, whent to work, got home at 10:15 pm, messed on the net till 4 in the morning then sleep.