Nidramag
Jul 5, 2009, 01:14 AM
Red Joker
146-242-012-644
Katz

goldbrease
Jul 5, 2009, 01:25 AM
these interest me, someone told me these new games are differn't
but the starforce battle network game thats coming out confuses me even more since they take place 200 years apart O.o

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2009, 01:50 AM
but the starforce battle network game thats coming out confuses me even more since they take place 200 years apart O.o
They're not the same game dude. >_>

Give it a try though. I played Pegasus and thought it was pretty good. Although a bit...easy? I've got everything in that game.

Everything.

goldbrease
Jul 5, 2009, 02:49 AM
i have star force dragon and bolth star force 2 games. i have nearly all the bn games.
however starforce takes place in the same universe setting at bn but takes place 200 years after bn.
whats confusing me is you have a character meeting another from 200 years in the future with a completely different combat and card system.

Nidramag
Jul 5, 2009, 03:38 AM
I own all of the Battle Network Games ( I like 3 Blue the best) and Star Force games. For star force, I like SF2 SxZ the best, But I've heard some good things about this one. We'll see...

the BN Battle system was probably one of my favorite strategy battling systems ever, but they made the games way too repetitive and kiddified towards the end (In BN2 he swears, says shit and damn a few times.) And Got rid of the awesome style changing.

The BCChallenge game was fun, but took some real freakin' luck to beat because it got real hard towards the end. I'm just a bit of a Megaman lunatic fanatic, so if youw ant me to explain anything or write out the whole damn plotline from memory, I'll do so.

---
With the star force games, they are all different as far as roaming. So far in SF3 I've noticed a lot of really, really fast easy quests in a row then a short boss/puzzle area then a boss. The roaming went from only being on the wave roads and being rather unique with the 'virus busting' (they have a specialized card shop for something that no one can use, besides the main character...who you could name anything?) and having to click on the places to access them - with only certain transforming areas; then to having both real and wave platforms to walk on that were combined with a direct 'jack-in' to areas; to what is now being able to transform anywhere, but having to find specialized areas to get into the wave roads, through which you access areas.

In the third one, they also screwed with the battle system. what happens now is you still get a 3x2 card grid, but they are 'stacked', meaning some are on top of others. If one is on top of another, the lower one is greyed out and can only be used for very limited support moves, which makes battling a little more annoying and luck-based. also Mega cards are bigger (will be under others longer, and over others longer), and giga cards are huge. It's... weird and they'll probably ditch it.

goldbrease
Jul 5, 2009, 03:44 AM
no thats not what confuses me dude. what confuses me is how do you have 2 characters in a world's time line who are 200 years apart interact with each other. not to mention the navi system is almost gone, they are pretty much just used to run a program or system. no one uses pets in SF, and the card system is differnt, plus we have 2 lead characters is it going to be pick one to play as? control bolth at once? its just so confusing?

Kent
Jul 5, 2009, 11:16 AM
no thats not what confuses me dude. what confuses me is how do you have 2 characters in a world's time line who are 200 years apart interact with each other. not to mention the navi system is almost gone, they are pretty much just used to run a program or system. no one uses pets in SF, and the card system is differnt, plus we have 2 lead characters is it going to be pick one to play as? control bolth at once? its just so confusing?
The hell are you talking about, anyway?

Megaman Star Force puts you in the role of Geo Stelar. Not anyone else from that or any other time period.

The lack of Net Navis and PETs in the Star Force series was basically done to add a different flavor to what is essentially a "sequel series" to Megaman Battle Network. Additionally, it makes the player's capabilities a bit more unique, since it's not something that (literally) everyone and their grandmother is equipped to do.

With the exception of the world in which the games take place and the obvious derivations of the battle and gameplay systems, the two series are not directly related to each other.

He doesn't interact with Lan from Megaman Battle Network except as an easter egg when you have a MMBN game in the GBA slot of your DS, but that's not really part of the story, anyway.

...But now I'm really curious as to from where, exactly, you're drawing this information.

Tyreek
Jul 5, 2009, 01:46 PM
You think 2 character interacting 200 years apart confuses you?

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2009/06/new-rockmanexe-announced.html

They announced a BN crossover with Starforce. It sounds interesting to be honest. Courtesy from another site.

goldbrease
Jul 5, 2009, 02:11 PM
you never read any articles when capcom anounced star force?! they flipping said right off the bat star force takes place 200 years after battle network!

and here you go
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/06/23/capcom-executes-mega-man-battle-network-star-force-crossover/
some people think its battle network redone in star force controls but they have both megamans holding hands in friendship so i dought that its a BN remake.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2009, 02:23 PM
you never read any articles when capcom anounced star force?! they flipping said right off the bat star force takes place 200 years after battle network!

oh I know what's wrong now. You're confused about this new one announced.It's a crossover, probably some kind of time warp or some nonsense.

goldbrease
Jul 5, 2009, 02:28 PM
See, you're not paying attention. It takes place 200 years later. That's all it says. It says nothing about controlling Lan or Megaman. It's two completely different characters.

Or do you have no idea what you're confused about?

your not reading that article correctly!
new game
rockman.exe operation star force. its a crossover game.
bolth exe and star force characters!
do you play as exe mega or SF mega? do you play as bolth? campaine routes to start with different characters? use bolth characters at once? switch back and forth between characters during the game? does a time rift open and zap exe to the future or sf to the past?

Tyreek
Jul 5, 2009, 02:36 PM
Will you calm down. How about actually waiting until you get some more concrete information? And I thought the topic was on Starforce 3. I apologize to the OP if I derailed this topic, but I thought I'd contribute a bit.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2009, 02:41 PM
your not reading that article correctly!
new game
rockman.exe operation star force. its a crossover game.
bolth exe and star force characters!
do you play as exe mega or SF mega? do you play as bolth? campaine routes to start with different characters? use bolth characters at once? switch back and forth between characters during the game? does a time rift open and zap exe to the future or sf to the past?
If it's a crossover game, it's safe to assume that you can use both. Some time rift or some nonsense got thrown out of whack I guess and something like that.

Also, Operation Star Force was probably the working title for the first Star Force game. Maybe.

Nidramag
Jul 6, 2009, 01:11 AM
one of the main characters dies in Star Force 3.[SPOILER]not like it lasts long, hell, megaman.exe dies in at least 2 of the Battle Network games[/SPOILER-BOX]

goldbrease
Jul 6, 2009, 02:08 AM
one of the main characters dies in Star Force 3.[SPOILER]not like it lasts long, hell, megaman.exe dies in at least 2 of the Battle Network games[/SPOILER-BOX]

yes, and it was a very popular character in the perverse art fields as well. >.>... 4chan ruined this for me>.>

Nidramag
Jul 6, 2009, 02:57 PM
yes, and it was a very popular character in the perverse art fields as well. >.>... 4chan ruined this for me>.>
4chan made a lot of people like my signature a whole lot more

Nidramag
Jul 7, 2009, 12:03 PM
Back on topic... In this one they seem to have added something similar to the style changes in BN2 and 3, only now it isn't based on how you fight, it's just random. Each of the Games have 6 different lv.1 forms based on characters in the games (I have Crown style, it's electric.) Mid-fight they will power up based on a Percent in the top right of the screen (exceeding 50% gets the level 2 form,I think exceeding 200% gets the red joker/black ace form, I've only gotten to it once and it's real annoying to get it that high. It's reset after every fight) there are also crosses, but I don't know much on those yet. I need brothers, that's why someone else here needs to get the game <3

Hah.. Wolf Form + SwordFighterX = Instant 200% = instant Red Joker form

goldbrease
Jul 7, 2009, 02:41 PM
so you didn't buy black ace and link them to unlock the final form? or something like that, read some were there is a final form to unlock when you link the 2 versions. if its the form i think it is, mega doesn't change much, if you go to the Japanese site for the game and go to the end of the list you get to see what i'm talking about lol.

Nidramag
Jul 7, 2009, 10:14 PM
Nah why would I buy both? The game is pretty good, though.

Nidramag
Jul 10, 2009, 01:28 AM
*bump* >.<

goldbrease
Jul 10, 2009, 05:03 AM
I'm waiting for them to pop onto the shelf at kmart so i can use my discount on them.

Nidramag
Jul 10, 2009, 12:44 PM
ah, smart, Okay.

Randomness
Jul 10, 2009, 01:43 PM
Hmm... to get or not to get... Pegasus was good, the next one was okay...

Hmm...

Ranmo
Jul 10, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hmm... to get or not to get... Pegasus was good, the next one was okay...

Hmm...

Its good. I like it waaay more then the previous two star force games. It feels Battle Network ish in terms of story and how technology has advanced with he use of Wizards which are a lot like Navis. I love the noise change forms which is also a lot like BN 2 & 3's style changes. (In a way, not EXACTLY a like its like a cross between style changes and DBL Soul). Its good stuff. I reccomend this game to BN fans.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 10, 2009, 09:13 PM
I still need to play through the second. <_>

I plan to get the second and third one.

Which version of each do you think I should get?

(It's still technically on topic, I swear.)

Kent
Jul 10, 2009, 11:59 PM
I still need to play through the second. <_>

I plan to get the second and third one.

Which version of each do you think I should get?

(It's still technically on topic, I swear.)
I haven't picked up the third, but I found the dualism between the two versions of the game to be interesting.

That is, there are three "versions" of the game available - Ninja and Saurian versions both have, in addition to their namesake, an option to play the Zerker version of the game.

Other than that, I don't really know the entire extent of the differences. I'd say it really depends on whether you green or red better.

Randomness
Jul 11, 2009, 02:59 PM
Its good. I like it waaay more then the previous two star force games. It feels Battle Network ish in terms of story and how technology has advanced with he use of Wizards which are a lot like Navis. I love the noise change forms which is also a lot like BN 2 & 3's style changes. (In a way, not EXACTLY a like its like a cross between style changes and DBL Soul). Its good stuff. I reccomend this game to BN fans.

You know what I hated about 3? Too hard to get full charge attacks. I missed killing stuff with a 100-damage flamethrower of doom. (Hell, I even used it against 2's ice boss, because it was just that damned strong)

Nitro Vordex
Jul 11, 2009, 10:18 PM
HeatGuts or HeatCustom are instant win styles.

Firocket1690
Jul 11, 2009, 11:47 PM
HeatGuts or HeatCustom are instant win styles.

Wait, what? If we're talking MMBN2, then AquaCust and ElecGuts 0wned that game. >_>;
AquaCust, maxed out had almost instant recharge speed. You could practically rapidfire 40dmg shots.
ElecGuts is self explanatory - paralysis + damage

I don't remember if MMBN2 let you keep 2 or 3 styles. If 3, then I probably had hub.bat on reserve. I didn't like that one much though.

On topic:
I was meandering yesterday, and .. I saw Red Joker/Black Spade on a shelf and thought to myself, whoa, already up to 3. I should pick that up sometime. I kinda forgot about the series, but I'll try to get ahold of SF2 first.

goldbrease
Jul 11, 2009, 11:53 PM
the forms i wanted to get in 2 and 3 i never figured out how to get, bug style. i saw gobs of pictures of him but i could not find any method to gain that style... nor knew what it actually did lol.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 12, 2009, 12:12 AM
the forms i wanted to get in 2 and 3 i never figured out how to get, bug style. i saw gobs of pictures of him but i could not find any method to gain that style... nor knew what it actually did lol.
You didn't look hard enough.

Simply put, make it so that you have a bug in your Navi Customizer. And fight the required amount of battles like that. I believe it was 100 battles for a style change.

Nidramag
Jul 12, 2009, 12:46 AM
Okay, the two third versions real differences are only the giga chips (which red joker wins in) and the styles (arguable, but I'd also say red joker)

The finalized forms, red joker and black ace, both have maxxed rapid, really,really maxxed rapid, and really, if you have a pro fight going on, this one is a lot more based on skill and speed than the other ones, fast and swift attacks are the key to winning instead of only keeping doomsday cards.

Black ace has floatshoes (immunity to panels) and auto lock-on

Red Joker has a better special (red gaia eraser) and superarmor (attacks wont stop yours or make you flinch)

the styles, look up, but there is one shared (burai noise) and the other 12 - 6 for each, aren't 'exclusive' to a version, just hard as shit to get the other version's - less than 5% I've heard.

I like Red Joker better, but it's your call.

------------
ADDED
In Battle Network three (my favorite by far) Bugstyle was obtained when you did a lot of fights (over 100 I think) with a bug in your customizer. I have HeatBug and most of the time, Bugstyle kicked ass. Unless, say, you just ran into bass and have HP bug, fail-buster, and moving to the front column. I never trusted that damn bugfrag trader ever again

goldbrease
Jul 12, 2009, 01:55 AM
well i meant the non elemental bug style that in the instruction book, the one megaman turns into in the BN anime.
I didn't see many of its episodes but i would have loved them to make the final game to were mega and lan fused in the real world and could fight in the real world.... wait maybe they will do that in the cross over game? that would make things easier to understand!

Firocket1690
Jul 12, 2009, 03:14 AM
well i meant the non elemental bug style that in the instruction book, the one megaman turns into in the BN anime.
I didn't see many of its episodes but i would have loved them to make the final game to were mega and lan fused in the real world and could fight in the real world.... wait maybe they will do that in the cross over game? that would make things easier to understand!

That Gospel fusion from the anime? Never in the games.
Lan/Megaman fusion kinda happened, if you count the HubStyle from MMBN2.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 12, 2009, 12:12 PM
You should learn now that video games turned into anime are horribly in accurate.

The Bug Style on the box, was WoodBug style.

Nidramag
Jul 12, 2009, 06:24 PM
there are no nonelemental styles

goldbrease
Jul 12, 2009, 11:41 PM
hmm.... anyways speaking of wood style i whipped i think it was gate man? with wood style, no chips used just charged shots. multi hit tornado that hit 2 squares in front of you for the win!

Nidramag
Jul 13, 2009, 12:34 AM
What the fuck are you talking about? we're talking about mega man.

goldbrease
Jul 13, 2009, 11:23 PM
blackace
er sorry it changed, i had to restart because i added you as a battle mate and not a brother.
we bolth need to hit ready for it to register us. if you have aim, add me so we can synchronize.
ned number is 369 582 214 550

goldbrease
Jul 14, 2009, 02:25 PM
odd, booklets said it makes you do a practice battle over wiifi before registering a friend.

Nidramag
Jul 14, 2009, 02:37 PM
alrighty, good to have you on board sergeant Darg.

Randomness
Jul 17, 2009, 12:43 AM
The finalized forms, red joker and black ace, both have maxxed rapid, really,really maxxed rapid, and really, if you have a pro fight going on, this one is a lot more based on skill and speed than the other ones, fast and swift attacks are the key to winning instead of only keeping doomsday cards.

So, uh... You mean killing my brother ruthlessly with the eyeball's chip... over, and over... and over... was bad? Of course, I kind of needed those cards... he never stood in front of me... but then again, I was rather fond of Pegasus, and freeze+elec folder rocks.

Actually, I S-ranked Pegasus (whatever the last one was... GX or something?) by getting a damned nice opening hand... with a legend card entirely comprised of high-power elec cards. God that was a fun one. ZAPZAPZAPZAPZAP... oh, you're already dead? All 2500 HP of you? (I assembled that combo because, frankly, I could easily avoid most attacks, but taking the Big Bang to the face was a no-no for S-ranking it.)

goldbrease
Jul 18, 2009, 02:36 AM
nidra, i was whodnering... whats up with that card that makes joker apear and blast red gaia laser or whatever his boss variation is called? the card says 30 damage but everything on the screen flat out dies?! the fudge?is it 30 damage per .01 of a second they are hit by it O.o. flipping evil card dude. also why do you use beast slap 1s and not beast slap 3s?

also i love how they didn't do the old cypher code system! ow that was a pain in the rear sending a mail then hoping it didn't have any typos!.

Randomness
Jul 18, 2009, 02:32 PM
nidra, i was whodnering... whats up with that card that makes joker apear and blast red gaia laser or whatever his boss variation is called? the card says 30 damage but everything on the screen flat out dies?! the fudge?is it 30 damage per .01 of a second they are hit by it O.o. flipping evil card dude. also why do you use beast slap 1s and not beast slap 3s?

also i love how they didn't do the old cypher code system! ow that was a pain in the rear sending a mail then hoping it didn't have any typos!.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Dread Laser. Best. Card. Ever.

One sec, I'll edit in my FC. (Got Joker last night) Just PM me or something if you add me so I can reciprocate.

FC:1247 6996 9858

goldbrease
Jul 19, 2009, 04:20 PM
nidra, update. you now give 112 link power.

goldbrease
Jul 20, 2009, 01:39 AM
update, ive obtained my noise form, gemini.
i was whondering if you can gain more then 1 form how to switch between forms if so?

Randomness
Jul 20, 2009, 06:09 PM
There's a noise guy in Astro 1 that can revert you, but it doesn't seem to be a 2-way process.