PDA

View Full Version : Raising To Kill

Kylie
Jul 6, 2009, 05:42 PM
I was recently having a conversion with my sister (I don't know why), and she mentioned that some lady she knew was telling her about how they were raising to kill a pig. I know she was just trying to be nice, but we got into it. :lol: She kept repeating that it was the worst thing she's ever heard in her life. Personally, I see no difference between a person killing a pig, and a company killing a pig as long as it's done humanely. What do you think?

Volcompat321
Jul 6, 2009, 05:56 PM
Kill the pig damnit!
I agree with you, it doesn't matter who kills it, as long as the killing is done appropriately.

Kent
Jul 6, 2009, 08:43 PM
Bacon is fatty and delicious.

That's what I think.

Omega_Weltall
Jul 6, 2009, 09:01 PM
hey as long as you're gonna eat the poor thing i have no quarrels about it

Nitro Vordex
Jul 6, 2009, 09:12 PM
I seriously doubt that killing anything is "humane", considering half the stuff we kill isn't human. >_>

Barring the real definition of humane. Killing stuff for food is...killing stuff for food. If you don't like it, too bad. That's nature and life, bro. T-Rex certainly didn't give a crap about eating anything not rooted, why should we?

A little off topic, but human stomachs seem to be weak compared to some animals. Then again, considering the garbage we eat...

White Midnight
Jul 6, 2009, 11:45 PM
Circle of life. In days of old, when you got hungry, you sent out the hunters and had them kill food without thinking twice.

Regardless of who kills it, it's gonna become food, and someone out there is gonna eat it.

Vanzazikon
Jul 7, 2009, 12:23 AM
Well, if you were to grow a bond while raising the pig, then I can see some troubles.

Randomness
Jul 7, 2009, 08:58 AM
Raising a pig to kill it? Hmm, sounds like someone's never heard of a farm. (And I don't mean the modern one-crop thousand-acre mechanized thingamajig)

Dhylec
Jul 7, 2009, 10:10 AM
I seriously doubt that killing anything is "humane", considering half the stuff we kill isn't human. >_>

Barring the real definition of humane. Killing stuff for food is...killing stuff for food. If you don't like it, too bad. That's nature and life, bro. T-Rex certainly didn't give a crap about eating anything not rooted, why should we?

A little off topic, but human stomachs seem to be weak compared to some animals. Then again, considering the garbage we eat...

Heh, food for thoughts. This has some truth to it though.

Dangerous55
Jul 7, 2009, 12:34 PM
Killing a pig yourself is much better than the giant industry built around slaughtering animals.

Zarode
Jul 7, 2009, 12:53 PM
Farms are evil. :roll:

AC9breaker
Jul 7, 2009, 12:58 PM
YOU SURE DO GOT A PRETTY MOUF IM GUN' MAKE YOU SQUEAL LIKE A PIG, WEE WEE WEE!

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 7, 2009, 03:25 PM
Mankind has been raising and slaughtering their own meat supplies for thousands of years. We are omnivorous, which necessarily includes that we eat animal flesh. By eating meat, fruits, vegetables, grains and dairy products in the proper ratios, we can take in all of the nutrients our bodies require, without consuming larger (or smaller) quantities of food than is necessary (though, this is largely academic-- few of us approach food consumption so objectively; for many of us, it is, in fact, an entertainment venue).

One bit of advice though, if you would like to raise and slaughter your own livestock: Don't name your food.