PDA

View Full Version : BB vs GC

cr80r4lif3
Jul 8, 2009, 12:06 AM
Ok so i downloaded BB the other day and just really got into today. I have been playing PSO for GC for a few years now and i really enjoy it. But now i think i like Blue Burst better.

I have heard that people like GC better but i wanna know what you guys think and why

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2009, 12:24 AM
For starters, let's keep this clean. No consol wars/rivalries.

Now, as for the topic of the, well, topic, I play both BB and GC. Personally, I prefer both.

GC: Gave me the feeling that every rare I got was worth it. Got my character to the top out of every character I have on any system. While I can get more powerful things on BB, I feel like I have achieved more on offline GC; like I have earned it.

BB: While not as high a level as GC, I have a lot of cool stuff on there. I also like the people I hang with and the online-only stuff. I can meet with people anywhere in the world and challenge, team up, or battle with them.

Final opinion: Tie.

Freeze
Jul 8, 2009, 05:59 AM
I don't have the GC version as I was on xbox, but coming from some one who played online on both BB and psox I have to say there were plus' and minus' to both. As Alex mentioned items were much more rewarding on V3. Rares where harder to come by but the lack of online support, endless Christmas was a nightmare, did suck but the lack of connection problems was nice. I had never seen a disconnect until moving to BB. Hacking and duping was a major downside. Quality of players seem to be consitant though, for the most part this is a positive thing. On BB they support the game much better and I've met and played with more people than psox. Connection issues are a pain but they do seem to handle the hacking and cheating better. I can't pick which is better as both has brought me endless hours of gaming enjoyment and I have fond memories of PSOX and am developing fond ones of BB. Thank you to every one from PSOX and thank you to every one on BB.

Cris-P-Bacon
Jul 8, 2009, 10:10 AM
Lolz. This is my kind of topic.

GC- The controls were easier, and allowed you get the 'pso-feel' if you know what I mean.. I felt like every level and rare I got was worth it, because I did it all by myself. I liked working on a consol.

BB- Online meakes it great. While I was on GC, I wondered what it's like to be online. When I found bB, I was truely happy. I got so many good friends who help me out, and I experience Ep 4, which I can't on GC. Friends and being online make BB awesome.

I think I like BB a little more.. But still, I always have love towards my GC <3

( I played it last night X'D )

TrueChaos
Jul 8, 2009, 11:24 AM
i prefer BB as there is much more stuff available, more quests to keep me busy and playing with friends is great. i only played GC offline and it was great but BB is a lot better.

Jaspaller
Jul 8, 2009, 05:08 PM
If xbox version was still online, my vote would go for it. Almost no chance for corruption, and there's voice chat to go with it.

BB > GC though. Lots more things to do, more buttons, and no corruption. I do miss sitting on teh couch instead of sitting in front of a PC monitor.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 8, 2009, 07:07 PM
GC PSO was great, because you could grab a few buddies and play through the Forest with clipping distance. :wacko: It was great playing with my brother offline. And it's also how I got my mom into video games, she started on PSOGC. No better way to start. ;o

BB is good fun. I never go thte chance to play online GC, like others, so being able to play BB was great. More quests, more red boxes and more surprises. Not to mention almost always being able to find some people to play with.

Plus it's a game I can run smoothly on my computer. :wacko:

furrypaws
Jul 8, 2009, 07:25 PM
BB-More content+people.

GCN-I own my character. The server goes down, I can a.)play offline, b.)go to a different server, c.) Host my own server (which I suppose is the same as b). If the server gets a bug and crashes/lack of financial support and dies, I still have Shalo in hand. there's a lot less Sephiroths on the GCN portion too. =3

Plus, if I went to BB, I'd have to start over. I don't want to start over. If I moved on to BB, I'd be leaving a great friend of mine too, so I'm staying on GCN. I could playboth, and I might if I can get my two PSU friends on it, but I'll probably only get BB Shalo to 120 at most.

Obviously I enjoy GCN more. =/