PDA

View Full Version : Wont be around for a while

Sha Sha
Jul 9, 2009, 09:15 PM
I wont be around at all lately, I am morning the death of my Midnight, A 12 year old kitty, she was put down on july 7th 2009 excately 12 years from when i got her, the crazy b---h across the street cut the underside of her tongue, and it accelerated the growth of a tumor in her mouth, her tongue was rotting away so i had to put her down. I miss her so much

does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this, she was the only cat i have ever had and i got gotten her for my b-day 12 years ago, (it was july 6th) everytime i look at the pantry i think i see her sitting there to get fed
i miss her D=
i havnt ate much either but itll change after a while since i know i need to eat ><

Nitro Vordex
Jul 9, 2009, 11:10 PM
I know how it feels. My dog died recently and I totally broke down. All you can do is think about the good times and move on. Depending on what you believe in, you'll see them again once you pass on. You might not want another pet so soon either, as it'll make it hard on you. It'll feel like you're trying to fill a place that wasn't there.

goldbrease
Jul 10, 2009, 12:24 AM
report what happened to the humane society. they are crazy people who over protect animals. but when something like this happens the crazy person across the street will get what the deserve.

also if you really love cats, look into adopting a new kitten. however just like nitro said don't get a new pet to try filling an empty spot of the old one. when my parakeets died I felt like new ones would be like trying to fill an empty spot. plus my parakeets were not friendly at all so I felt like id rather not try again.

Reksanden
Jul 10, 2009, 12:29 AM
i loose cats all the time to coyotes, and each and every one i miss. and its always hard because i get attached to all of them.

Sha Sha
Jul 10, 2009, 12:39 AM
the Humane Society helped pay for putting my midnight down, they know but since we have no valid proof of her doing it, they cant help. they gave us a 100$ voucher to pay for the bill so they have been very kind to me, however it was a one time thing, I sought help thru the internet and posted something on a forum only to be told that i should NEVER be allowed to have another pet. It really broke my heart. I do plan on getting more kittens, after I am done morning midnight i plan to get a pair of kittens so they arent lonly while im at college classes, Midnight grew up with our dog lady, (who we put down due to cancer 2 years ago) our new dog happy wont make a good friend to new kittens so they will be kept away from Happy till they grow up to protect themselves from the dog. but i love cats a lot i WILL be the crazy cat lady of our street when im older xD

Reksanden
Jul 10, 2009, 12:48 AM
there are some people who for no reason just hate cats. i know a bunch and none like me for the reason that i love cats

joefro
Jul 10, 2009, 02:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. At my house we have five cats and we recently lost one to a failing liver. I think the best think to do is to think about the good times you had with the animal, but also think about what you've done for the animal; you stopped the animal from experiencing pain which in my opinion is one of the best things to do for a sick animal.

Neith
Jul 10, 2009, 10:02 AM
I think the best think to do is to think about the good times you had with the animal, but also think about what you've done for the animal; you stopped the animal from experiencing pain which in my opinion is one of the best things to do for a sick animal.

This. I lost my dog when I was about 15 (a black Labrador called Sam). It was really hard for me- my dad had died when I was 11, and ever since then it seemed like the dog was pining for him (even on the night of my dad's death when he didn't come home, the dog sat and whined all night like it knew something was wrong- I didn't find out about my dad until the next morning). Anyway, over the next few years, it was like the dog's will to live was weakening.

Eventually he developed a heart defect and also began to fill with bodily water (apparently a fairly common problem with Labrador runts, which Sam was). We took him to the vets and it was decided it'd be cruel to keep him alive. I was heartbroken because I was really close to the dog (and vice-versa, he always wanted attention from me), but I would have hated for him to live on in agony. Just think that what you did for your cat was for the best- it saves them from a life of pain, and putting them down is the kindest thing you can possibly do for them.

Personally, I've never been a fan of cats (I love dogs), but it's heartbreaking when you lose a pet after having them for a while. It just takes time to move on sometimes.

Freeze
Jul 11, 2009, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is to put a pet down. My family has seen many go due to old age but I personally lost my 13 yr old cat back in 2003 after he was hit by a car. The vet tried to help but his spine was broken just behind his hip resulting in the loss of his tail movement and bowel function so we had to put him down. We had anouther cat and a dog but it was still heart breaking to lose him. Only know have I found a kitten to replace him. Yep it took me this long to find the right kitty. Just give your self time to mourn then let anouther little guy help you heal.