PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please EXPLAIN Photon Drop and AddSlot frequenci

dys0r
Feb 19, 2003, 10:00 PM
I'm stumped.

This is something that's been sorta bugging the living hell out of me the past few weeks. I've played w/ VIRIDIA, PURPLENUM, REDRIA, YELLOWBOZE, and PINKAL, and have each found an AddSlot for the first four IDs. And they've all come from boxes on either Normal or Hard. I've noticed that Photon Drops are like the AddSlots, in terms of pure randomness. I wanted to experiment to see if I can get some more AddSlots or Photon Drops with a REDRIA, YELLOWBOZE, and PINKAL. After a grand total of 30+ runs with a REDRIA Humar, I came up with 0 slots and 1 Photon Drop on Hard -- which is weird since I've been hearing that REDRIA finds AddSlots like the plague.

With a HUcast and a FOnewm YELLOWBOZE, I did a total of 60+ runs on Normal Forest 2 (which is where I found my first one, and is also confirmed in the database), and came up with 0 slots and 2 Photon Drops. Using a FOmarl Pinkal on Normal Forest (supposedly able to find some slots on Forest 1 and 2), I came up with nothing after 30-35 runs.

In Ultimate, just about any box or enemy can drop a Photon Drop, but not slots. With a monster, you know you have some idea of what they'll drop. Now, my question is: do AddSlots and Photon Drops just randomly pop out anywhere? So this must mean that they have different drop rates, right?

- dys

ginko990
Feb 19, 2003, 11:10 PM
If you ask me, they're both completly random. While pdrops being a lil more common. You can get an addslot for one pdrop anyways.

malinko
Feb 19, 2003, 11:16 PM
hmm...Im lvl 144 BLUEFULL and have over 99 PDs and have only found 2 AddSlots ever. O_o

Tseng_Li
Feb 19, 2003, 11:48 PM
I usually think of Photon Drops as a 2nd place rare. Like you almost got the rare drop the enemy was going to give you, but decides to give you a photon drop instead http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

thewiredknight
Feb 20, 2003, 12:37 AM
I have 100+ hours under my belt and have seen ONE photon drop and not a single add slot.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 20, 2003, 12:45 AM
I'm a bit confused about the main post's question, but I have gotten an Addslot from a box in the online singing by the beach quest.

Ozric
Feb 20, 2003, 01:03 AM
Heh, I'm a lvl 103 Redria and have only found 3 addslots...on the other hand, I have a lvl 21 Pinkal that has found 7 or 8 slots. I have found plenty of pdrops, not as many as I would like (about 30 on my Redria), but, the Pinkal doesn't find many pdrops...go figure...

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 01:12 AM
Photon Drops are 100% random. They can appear out of any box or off of any enemy that drops random green items (tools) in any difficulty and any section ID. Set boxes (ie. a box that always drops a Monomate) does not count. However, boss boxes that drop random green items DO drop Photon Drops as well (I've personally found Photon Drops from boss boxes at the Dragon and Vol Opt).

Personally, I think that AddSlots (and spell Amplifiers) are a little less random than Photon Drops. I do believe that they have specific drop locations. Most commonly they show up in random boxes, but there are some confirmed reports of enemies dropping them (ie. Purplenum Very-Hard Nano Dragon). AddSlots cannot be found from most boss boxes. However, De Rol Le and the Gol Dragon's boxes are different from all the other boss boxes. They drop random items, so it is possible to find special items (including AddSlots) from them.

Azeraphel
Feb 20, 2003, 10:02 AM
The formula is like this. Start with any given monster and section ID, such as a Tollaw, and Purplenum.

Express how much you want the item that it drops, as a integer between 1-100, inclusive. (Lavis Cannon, 85) We will call this variable W.

When the monster in question drops a red box, the chance of the rare item being a Photon Drop or Addslot (P) can be expressed by this formula.

P = (W-1)/100

A similar method can be used to determine how likely you are to curse at your gamecube (C), or give the screen "the finger". (F)

SadiXticHeath
Mar 13, 2003, 07:36 PM
actually, the chances of cursing and or giving your TV profane symbols...most deffinitly expressed in scoentific notation(and not the way where it gets smaller)

goaliedude10
Mar 13, 2003, 07:42 PM
Are addslots considered rares? because I got one in one of my first runs ever...

Redleaf
Mar 14, 2003, 02:04 AM
i got one photon drop on my first run in the caves on normal... i'm Redria http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Chronoslash
Mar 14, 2003, 10:38 AM
I've got about 175+ hours between all my characters, and I have found but 2 AddSlots. One in normal Forest 1, the other in normal Cave 1. I have about 14 PDrops. I find more AddSlots and PDrops in normal than any other difficulty.

DiamondGinRummy
Mar 14, 2003, 04:18 PM
Not sure if this will help, but I found about 6 addslots on normal level forest with my Redria HUnewearl. Unfortunately I haven't found any addslots past hard with that character (bleah).

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif