PDA

View Full Version : GC: Forest of Sorrow quest:

-Tirith
Feb 19, 2003, 10:09 PM
So I finished the Forest of Sorrow quest on Normal for a new character. At the "end" of the quest, after you find the baby hildebear for the second time, you're told by Alica to take the pipe up and collect your reward. If you speak to the baby hildebear one last time, he'll dissappear and run to the first spot you found him.

When you follow him to his third spot, you'll see a quest object on the ground near him. I have never noticed this before, and when I went to pick it up, my inventory was full and it disappeared. Has anybody else done this, and if so, what was the item that I have temporarily kept from myself?

I'll have to either make another character, or wait until I complete all the quests before I can do the quest again, so if someone could tell me what it was, it would be appreciated.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 10:38 PM
It's one of the green box items... It's something like a sol atomizer. When the game said your inventory was full, you probably weren't carrying around 30 items, but had 10 of whatever the item was.

-Tirith
Feb 19, 2003, 11:00 PM
On 2003-02-19 19:38, TeamPhalanx wrote:
It's one of the green box items...

But the item wasn't in a box. It was similar to the 3 mags that you find in the first quest with Elly - the shiny object, a quest item. It very well may have been something like a sol atomizer, but I just don't understand why they wouldn't use a green item box, instead of the shiny object I saw.

If anyone can confirm this for sure, or make a run through this quest real fast to confirm, I would appreciate it. Don't want to run through the quest again for some stupid Sol Atomizer @.@;;

CGoodness
Feb 20, 2003, 03:21 PM
I just did exactly what you said that you did and i didnt see anything back in that spot with the baby hildebear cept the items that enemies hajd dropped b4 that that i just didnt ppick up.

kanyon
Feb 20, 2003, 03:27 PM
The item is indeed a Moon Atomizer. Thank you very much.

Sasarai
Feb 20, 2003, 06:43 PM
On 2003-02-20 12:27, kanyon wrote:
The item is indeed a Moon Atomizer. Thank you very much.

Yep, I can verify that. I did it myself to check. It's slightly hidden in the grass. You have to speak to the Hildebear baby (for the 3rd time) and then it will appear. After that the baby wont move or say "Auoooooo." anymore.

Moleman
Feb 21, 2003, 10:10 AM
Maybe it leaves something different on different difficulty levels.

-Tirith
Feb 21, 2003, 11:16 AM
Maybe! I can't imagine that ST would have gone through the trouble of making such a "secret" for a moon atomizer.

I'll just have to wait untill I clear all the quests to do it again. Thanks for the info guys!!

TeamPhalanx
Feb 21, 2003, 11:44 AM
Nope, it's the same thing on Ultimate mode.

Sasarai
Feb 21, 2003, 02:58 PM
On 2003-02-21 08:44, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Nope, it's the same thing on Ultimate mode.

Yep, when I tested it, it was on Ult. mode.