PDA

View Full Version : PSP Naming Characters

Project X1o
Jul 13, 2009, 11:39 AM
:(This may sound kind of stupid but im a very picky person and i hate naming my characters anyone have and cool names i could use Hehehe^^;

ANY SUGGESTIONS^^
PLZ HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM LOL:D

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
T T
T T
T T
T T
T T
T ^^ T

Pheeel
Jul 13, 2009, 07:42 PM
If you're very picky then we don't have a chance lol :D
The easiest choice would be to borrow a name from a favourite character in a story or another game that's similar to the character you're creating... that's what I end up with usually :)

I don't really like Chobits the manga/anime, but I figured since I was making a CAST and since I didn't want to name her Chii, why not... lol :)

Dragwind
Jul 13, 2009, 09:36 PM
Take two names you like, and combine them or rearrange the letters.

or you could try using one of those name generators, or just make something up.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 14, 2009, 12:58 AM
like Pheeel said, you could just name your character after someone. Most of my characters are named after people I know(not their real names mind you).

beatrixkiddo
Jul 14, 2009, 01:01 AM
Sephiroth
Cloud
Vegeta
Goku
Trunks
Ichigo
Rukia
Inoue
Urahara
Kira
Ryuk

That should be enough for you to make all 8 chars!

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 14, 2009, 01:17 AM
Sephiroth
Cloud
Vegeta
Goku
Trunks
Ichigo
Rukia
Inoue
Urahara
Kira
Ryuk

That should be enough for you to make all 8 chars!

Never! Not Sephiroth! He is too godlike to be put in PS: P!!! XD
Though I bet you, someone, somewhere out there already has tried to make a character in his likeness, but it will be an epic fail. Muahahaha. XD

Omega-R7
Jul 14, 2009, 01:58 AM
For Casts I use the Greek alphabet.
For Beast I use animal names.
For Humans and Newmans I use names from hentai and anime.

Volcompat321
Jul 14, 2009, 03:34 AM
I make my own names up usually....
My psu chars are, J5B-10 (for Johnny 5 from the Short Circuit movies lol), Enzylon-2 (psu and ps;p character) made it up I think.....just sounded good for a F cast. Sieno, I completely made up from like 10 different names somehow lol. And Rossiya(my lowest, unused character in psu, is "Russia" in...Russian...)

You can do what Dragwind says, make one up, combine a few names, or just use a name out of a book, movie, or story, song or anything really....
Why not use Project X1o if your going to make a CAST or something?

Marzo
Jul 14, 2009, 04:05 AM
I say just keep an open ear for inspiration. It will come from the least expected places. Depending on what youre thinking for for a name, the amount of creativity can vary and people probably will not notice to amount of time it took to come up with a name. Either way, good and unique names will always stand out.

Marzo was an inspiration while watching Chowder on Cartoon Network one day. Something stuck out when I heard, for the first time, the name of the darn city they all live in. (Marzipan City, Marzipan - An almond and sugar icing used on some cakes.) When I said that out loud, Marzo came to to mind when I was creating Marzo, and sure enough she looked the part! I think its the cutest name ever!

Word names and compund-word-names are an interesting approach, though I tend not to use this often because its really hard to get it right with the toon... Missy, Cotton, Paper, and Starwire are examples.

Phrase-word-play names are common when actual names dont really suit ones fancy. I dont really like these kind of names because some just make me die inside... but thats just me (No offense, trust me, I will not begrudge you just because of names). Lolsteel, Beasturfaze, Poopisbrwn, Cakeislie, Facepwner are examples that piss me off just thinking of them.

Language-oriented names are widely common espically when we we're totally into a certain language / culture. I had a phase where I kept using Japanese names for my characters. Kina, Yuzuki, Mika, Sanchez, Gauslov, stuff like this.

Fantasy / Common-modified names are my personal favorite. Its hard to classify fantasy names because.... hmmm... well... I dont know. I just get this sixth-sense feeling when a names goes from common to fantasy. Joe -> Jormo -> Joatmar. Fay -> Faylore -> Faeore. These have tons of posibilities. So, if you want something unique and special, this is the way to go for choosing a name Very high chance you will not dupe another persons' name.

Names relating to interests are cool too. Expressing your interests are unique in their own way. Names like Baskethoops, Pizza, Janruary... Any thing that can become a favorite something can be names. Favorite food, sport, actor, anime character/shows, comic... endless possibilities here.

Wow, i totally got into this... bored out of my mind... well hope this helps... sry wall o' text.

Tweengo
Jul 14, 2009, 08:32 AM
I lack imagination so I called mine Tsumukiri....still haven't got that damn wep on PSO :(

Mag Launcher
Aug 16, 2009, 06:01 PM
Whenever I start a PS game whether it be PSO or PSP (or any others if I'll play them!) I'll always create a male human and call him Mag Launcher! (hence my username!) .

I've created a female human and called her Helena! (Kind of based on the DOA character! (Her hair is long and blonde aswell!) .
As for my other character I created which is a male beast I called him Dante as I am a big fan of Devil May Cry and am keeping him as a Gunmaster!

If I create anymore characters here's what I'd name them!...

Human - Raphael
Beast - Ifrit or Cerberus
Cast - Arnie or T-1000

Some of the above is obvious as to why I've chosen them!
If I think of anymore I'll edit this post! :)