PDA

View Full Version : GC: New Mag Photon Blasts

Tulathis
Feb 20, 2003, 01:30 AM
Anyone know if the new fourth evolution mags have assosiated photon blasts? I realize it wouldn't come into play most of the time, but there is a possiblility that a mag could only have two photon blasts going into its fourth evolution. Do any of the fourth evolutions add a photon blast? Also, are any of them better for any reason than a third evolution mag?

Balorn
Feb 20, 2003, 01:40 AM
I don't think they add PBs, but I'll let someone else confirm or deny that.

The advantages I'm aware of are:
They never evolve again - no worries about going to a worse mag if the stat order changes
Many of them have very good feeding preferences, letting you get them the rest of the way to 200 relatively quickly
Many of them just look cool ^_^

Sasarai
Feb 20, 2003, 12:01 PM
You only get PBs at levels 10/35/50 with any Mag.

Once you get your level 50 PB you don't get anymore and they don't change. Only your mag's shape and stats can rise past level 50.

Oranjuice
Feb 21, 2003, 02:42 PM
But at Lvl 35 and 50 if the two different mags have the same move, the move doesn't count, and it won't count as long as the stats don't change till lvl 100, and after that you can get special mag which might have a special move....

Balorn
Feb 22, 2003, 02:49 PM
Once you get your level 50 PB you don't get anymore and they don't change. Only your mag's shape and stats can rise past level 50.You sure about that? 'Cause I'm pretty sure on the DC, if you didn't have 3 PBs at 50 (if the 35 and 50 forms had different PBs), and it later evolved to a form with a new PB, you'd gain one.

Rika-454
Feb 22, 2003, 04:49 PM
in my expirience Balorn is right. you can get another photon blast if you had 2 at lv 50 you just have to feed it items to change it stats and the mag might evolve again (depending on section id,character class and mag stats)and get your last photon blast

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 22, 2003, 05:39 PM
Balorn is right but if you only have 2 photon blasts when your mag turns into a 4evolution,are you stuck with it? THAT IS WHAT I'M FACING NOW.

PRINCE-MALIK
Balorn is right but if you only have 2 photon blasts when your mag turns into a 4evolution,are you stuck with it? THAT IS WHAT I'M FACING NOW.

PRINCE-MALIK

TheHulk4
Feb 22, 2003, 06:40 PM
If you only have 2 PB and then it goes into the 4th evolution then yes you will only have 2 blasts

Atari
Feb 22, 2003, 07:12 PM
actually im not so sure, at level 50 when it changes to its 4th form im pretty sure that if it has 2 pb blasts then you can give it to another class of character like a hunter if you wer a force say, or another id, then feed it and put up a stat and it will change, but i dont know about the pb, cause i had a ila that i traded for and then fed it and it changed to a kabanda

Balorn
Feb 22, 2003, 07:35 PM
On 2003-02-22 16:12, Atari wrote:
actually im not so sure, at level 50 when it changes to its 4th form... <snip>
The 4th evolution can't happen until level 100+. It's:

Mag -> L10 Form -> L35 Form -> L50+ Form (can change on multiples of 5) -> L100+ 4th Evolution (optional, will only evolve to this on multiples of 10)

God-Slayer
Feb 23, 2003, 01:38 AM
And what about Mag Cells? Do these mags have a special photon blast we're not aware of? Not just the rare mags that are the 4th evo with the formulas based on section ID, etc. It'd be funny to turn your mag into a Master System and have a giant Sonic the Hedgehog come out and bust up the Arlans and Merlans ^_^

scmfxt
Feb 23, 2003, 03:08 PM
There are only 6 Photon Blasts. The 4th or mag cell evolution does not add any PB. If your mag only have 2 PBs and evolved into a rare mag then you only have that 2 PBs. If it didn't evolve into rare mag then you can still get the 3rd PB if the stats are change.