PDA

View Full Version : GC I'm getting online!

Talwin
Jul 15, 2009, 05:37 AM
Hello guys and gals,

I've just managed to find a bargin on a broadband adapter for my GC, bought it right away and realised I don't even have my GC anymore lol. So I've ordered a new one of those too :razz:

Anyway, I've never had a chance to play PSO online before so this is new to me.

I was just wondering what I've got to look forward to now I'm entering the online world of Ragol :-P New items, quests? Whats everyones highlights of being online?

Looking forward to hunting with you all!

Zanesfield
Jul 15, 2009, 08:43 AM
where did you get it from ?

Talwin
Jul 15, 2009, 08:46 AM
eBay. £20 all in all!

Ithildin
Jul 15, 2009, 09:05 AM
eBay. £20 all in all!

Not bad at all.

Benefits of online? Tons. Like you said, more quests. Others to play with/meeting friends. Potential of finding more/better items cos you can ask other IDs to lead your team. Holidays, such as Christmas, Easter etc and the chance to find other items.

I'm not sure there are that many playing GC these days tho, good luck finding regulars to help you. If you drop me a line I may be inclined to hook up my GC and join you tho. Although if I play PSO I'm usually on BB these days.

Talwin
Jul 15, 2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks :D I don't imagine it'll arrive till next week sometime but will certainly PM you when It's through :)

SStrikerR
Jul 15, 2009, 10:48 AM
You DO know that the official servers were closed down right? Just making sure.

Talwin
Jul 16, 2009, 04:42 AM
Yeah I'm aware, thanks though! Would have been quite an anti climax lol.

Things like seasonal events; Easter, Christmas, etc, are they supported on P-Servers. I've not done a great deal of research yet so don't know how they work exactly.

I know you can't discuss how to conenct to them or anything like that so don't worry! Just curious on what they have to offer!

Ithildin
Jul 16, 2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah I know of a private server that supports all the holidays. You should have no trouble experiencing them all soon(ish).

Cris-P-Bacon
Jul 16, 2009, 06:10 PM
Heh, being online made me have the fuzzies at first. It's great because you're with other people to back you up on the game. There's people who will help you LV, give you stuff, and make the game fun. Of course, there are some assholes, but those people are normally hated by everyone. :\ I met several myself, but they're nothing you can't handle :)

Other then that, on online, you get extra special quests also. Therre's holiday event, whihc I cannot wait for :) I have yet to experience one, but I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, I want to tell you something while you're getting connected.

Don't give up :\ I tried getting my friend to work PSO, and he gave up. Don't be like him. PSO ONLINE is very worth it. You MIGHT hit some bumps, but you can get connected. Just don't take it to seriously and keep trying. That's what I did for 3 days for PSOBB and I'm on and having a blast!

Good luck!~

Zanesfield
Jul 16, 2009, 08:21 PM
Wait can you just atach the broadban dapter to the phone line and then it will work or do you need you need to do more stuff to get online with the gamecube?

DuRaL
Jul 16, 2009, 08:26 PM
people tend to forget that a KEYBOARD is absolutely necessary to enjoy PSO fully!
you should really look for a gamecube keyboard (or keyboard adapter to hook up a regular PC keyboard to your cube), because it's half the fun if you can't communicate, trust me!
and the ingame-keyboard takes years to type 1 word..

but of course, i wish you lots of fun with PSO online! it's already a great game offline (especially multiplayer), but the online part is AMAZING!! ^-^b

Talwin
Jul 17, 2009, 09:32 AM
Cheers for the replys guys!

I've already got a keyboard for it, bought one a while back.

Looking forward to events then!

I've played pso on multi mode with a few people before, love the team hunts :D

Just checked my char, level 50 HUmar. Will gain a few levels before going online I imagine. What level are you guys that will be up for hunting?

So can't wait to meet a few more pso players! You all rock!

g0oplaa
Jul 17, 2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Im also trying to play PSO online for the first time and I was wondering if characters that youve played offline will be able to be go online?

Does anyone know where I can get a keyboard or maybe an adapter for one?

Ithildin
Jul 17, 2009, 03:38 PM
The characters you have can be played both offline and online. Your best bet for a keyboard or adapter would be ebay or alternatively play-asia.com.

MeruAmura
Jul 17, 2009, 03:47 PM
Ive found the Keyboards are increasingly harder to find. Good luck there

AlexCraig
Jul 17, 2009, 04:55 PM
I got a Sammy Keyboard Controller. Came with some Ep3 cards.

Ithildin
Jul 17, 2009, 05:38 PM
Ive got one of those old ASCII keyboards.

http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/gc-ascii-cube-keyboard-p-1535.html

Love it. Still use it sometimes.

g0oplaa
Jul 17, 2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the link, I was able to find an adapter for an old PS/2 keyboard now I just gotta look around my house for an old keyboard

Reksanden
Jul 19, 2009, 12:16 AM
:-(You all sound like your having fun. i want too also. but i cant because i dont have a broadband adapter, or an internet connection. im using a wireless one. i still want to play.....

Ithildin
Jul 20, 2009, 04:18 PM
:-(You all sound like your having fun. i want too also. but i cant because i dont have a broadband adapter, or an internet connection. im using a wireless one. i still want to play.....

Well get yourself a wired router. Get online and join us. Tbh tho most of us are on BB. I would highly recommend it. More people playing it and it has Ep 4 too.

Reksanden
Jul 20, 2009, 04:35 PM
okay, i will soon.

trypticon
Jul 20, 2009, 04:50 PM
Nah, join up on PSO GC. Blue Burst is overrated, honestly. If the people who left GC and went to Blue Burst because of the population ratio came back to GC, it wouldn't be the issue that they cite anymore.

Playing online makes the game worth playing, even if you find yourself playing solo a lot of the time. The enemy counts are higher, the quests different and many, and the items a bit easier to get, simply because of the larger enemy counts. Sure, there are some jerks online, and I wouldn't doubt if I was one of them, but stick around a while, and you'll find a group to get close to.

A few bits of advice:

If people offer you a bunch of rare weapons, or items, it's probably a better idea to not take them, because if somebody sees you using them, and they are very rare, there goes any form of online credability you wanted (does anyone even still care about this?).

Don't jump into set leveled games to level yourself up. You won't be taken seriously, and it will turn experienced players away from gaming with you.

Cheating is a great way to alienate yourself, so just don't do it.

Don't stack items.

Don't use mags over level 200.

Try to come away from the game with a positive attitude. There are a lot of fun people on there who can make the experience very enjoyable. So have fun!

Say shomone a lot. In fact, make that into auickchat option.

Try to court every female character you see. They're usually real girls!

Every time you meet a new person, ask them who's bad, as in:

"Hey man, nice to meet you."

"Who's bad?"

"Huh?"

"Who's bad?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Who's bad?"

"You suck/"

"Who's bad."