PDA

View Full Version : is there something to section ids?

Lord_Data
Feb 20, 2003, 06:45 AM
ummmm...heh...yeah i am new...

anyways with that out of the way i got some blue one on my hunny that i just started...is that good or bad?

also to just drop an items question while i am at it...where do i get what? i am only lvl 16 and my mag just turned 30 so i was curious as to how in the world i get as good as some of you guys;)

thanks in advance

RogueXero
Feb 20, 2003, 08:05 AM
First of all, I'm not exactly an expert at this. I've got a level 47 Purplenum (purplenum is the Section ID) RAcast named Z-8315, and a level 30 Whitill (Whitill, again, being the sectionId) HUmar named Rakil. Your SectionID changes what items(mainly rare items) you pick up in the game. Are you a Bluefull?? If so, I think they pick up Armor more often then other sectionID's, mainly because armor comes in BLUE boxes(Bluefull, blue boxes, get it?) (am I right??) Greenil's pick up more support(useable) items because GREEN boxes hold those types of items. If you wanted to find out what items you could pick up, go into Item Findings from the PSO-world homepage and select your section ID. Then it'll tell you what items you can find, and on which level or difficulty you can find them.

Percival
Feb 20, 2003, 09:05 AM
Each creature in the game can only drop you ONE kind of rare (red box) per stage/difficulty level.

That means that if a Hidelt (Name of a creature) drops you Red Saber in Ultimate (difficulty level) forest (stage), then Hidelts in Ultimate forest can only drop this kind of rare. The Kind of rare dropped changes according to Section ID. For example, a Redria would get a God/Battle from the same Hidelt. A Yellowboze would get a Luminous Field... etc...

The same creature in different difficulty level will give you different items. Let's say your a Bluefull; A Gigobooma in Hard forest could drop you a Varista. The same Gigobooma in V-Hard forest would give you a Branch of Paku Paku instead.

Note that you WON'T get any RARES / Red Boxes in Normal Difficulty. (except photon drops and add slots)

Hope this helps a little

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Percival on 2003-02-20 06:07 ]</font>

kanyon
Feb 20, 2003, 10:11 AM
To find out what you will find later in the game check this site.
http://www.srwweb.net/pso.htm

As for if it's a good ID or not... Each ID has a certain type of weapon they find more often. Examples.. Bluefull finds lots of Partisan type weapons. Redria finds more Armors. Oran finds Dagger types. Purplenum finds Mechgun types. Etc..

I am sure there is either a list, or someone else here who knows the rest of the ID's.

Sonic646
Feb 20, 2003, 12:10 PM
No,there are a few rare weapons that can be found in normal,but they all suck

Lord_Data
Feb 20, 2003, 12:11 PM
a little?

heh that help an incredible ammount...thank you very much...now that i know i wish i was an oran cause some daggers might have been nice...oh well cest la vie...thanks again this is a big help and i guess i need to get a bunch more levels before i move on to a harder difficulty since level 11 barely cuts the caves lol

Stalfos333
Feb 20, 2003, 12:30 PM
Daggers are overrated, with their short range. On higher difficulty levels, you get hurt bad for using them too much. Twinswords are better (and mechguns just rock) for one on one action.

As a hunny, be prepared to hit and run for a while, and use magic to amplify your defense and attack power with shifta and deban. I'd suggest finding an item with the ability to absord TP that hits multiple times (mechgun, dagger, twinsabre, double sword) and leech TP for resta and the stat boosting spells off enemies like the monest and grass assassin, things that are more or less unable to do damage.
Also, remember that weapon specials will hit regardless of defence or invincibility, so you can leech from Death and dark gunners and pan arms to your hearts content.

And I just got way off topic, but it'll be helpful anyway.