PDA

View Full Version : Buff and Debuff percentages

Ryosuke_Kura
Jul 17, 2009, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know the percentage increase from 41 to 50 level buffs and debuffs?

I was thinking about leveling them to 50, but I wanted to see if it was worth it first.

ashley50
Jul 17, 2009, 11:08 AM
I think there's no change at all once it reaches 41 onwards :l

'cept resta and some other similar stuff.

Ethateral
Jul 17, 2009, 11:09 AM
I heard that there's no change with Retier at 41, for some odd reason. I've noticed a difference from 31 buffs to 41. As for percentage? No idea. :/

ChibiBecca
Jul 17, 2009, 11:16 AM
I had someone try to convince me that buffs only level at 11, 21, 31 and 41, not just the animations, but the actual strength. which seems kind of pointless to let us level them to 50 if it's no stronger then 41.

i'd check on places like psupdeia, but the site is often down when i check. ^^;

dexter_safe
Jul 17, 2009, 11:30 AM
debuffs idk if there is a difference from 41-50, buffs can be sumwhat more useful at 50.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 17, 2009, 11:34 AM
The level of the status effect of buffs and debuffs only changes at 1, 11, 21, 31, and 41. The level of the status effect is the only thing that affects how strong the buff/debuff is, so there's no difference between a Level 41 buff and a Level 50 buff, or debuff.

Mikura
Jul 17, 2009, 11:40 AM
The level of the status effect of buffs and debuffs only changes at 1, 11, 21, 31, and 41. The level of the status effect is the only thing that affects how strong the buff/debuff is, so there's no difference between a Level 41 buff and a Level 50 buff, or debuff.

Although this is true, this really seems dumb to me since there should be an incentive to lvl them to 50, and currently, there is absolutely no good reason to do so other than bragging rights.

pinkace
Jul 17, 2009, 11:56 AM
Bragging rights is the gold standard on PSU.

darkante
Jul 17, 2009, 12:02 PM
If i might jump the boat in here...is it worth to even level debuff techniques at all?
I heard so many times that itīs pointless a long time ago and all.
Which has refrained me from bothering.

PSO, it were a pretty good help alongside buff spells.

Mikura
Jul 17, 2009, 12:07 PM
If i might jump the boat in here...is it worth to even level debuff techniques at all?
I heard so many times that itīs pointless a long time ago and all.
Which has refrained me from bothering.

PSO, it were a pretty good help alongside buff spells.

Everyone is so strong now, I don't see where debuffs would be useful in any situation. By the time you cast all 3 debuffs on a group of mobs, they'd all be dead. Plus, debuffs just don't seem to be as strong nor as effective as they were in PSO.

darkante
Jul 17, 2009, 12:11 PM
debuffs just don't seem to be as strong nor as effective as they were in PSO.

Thought they might had gotten a huge boost or something over the time to justify bothering at all.
Guess not.
Thanks anyway.

DAMASCUS
Jul 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
As a defender of debuffing:
At the very least decreasing the defense of enemies serves two valuable purposes: If you have a slower character or are in a speed run it allows you to quickly tap for experience before attacking normally(or healing) and in said run is the only significant way to keep the pace going if you are a magic user.

The other two(forget their names) are only useful when helping people level from lower levels however..

Magus_84
Jul 17, 2009, 01:17 PM
Debuffs when compared to PSO aren't as useful. Partially because the % they increase/decrease by has been cut almost in half (around 47% at max to around 27% at max). The other reasoning depends on the debuff.

For Jellen, enemy ATP isn't the end-all, be-all of their attack power. In addition to having more enemies as casters now (meaning ATP doesn't affect their damage), elemental %s play a role. And the sheer numbers involved are bigger.

For Zalure, enemy DFP isn't nearly as big a factor in their survival as their increased HP and any resistances they may have. Zalure increases damage by something like 30-50 points on most enemies. That doesn't scale when you use a stronger PA, or anything. On a Majarra? That's a drop in a very large bucket. On something like a mechgun, or any other attack that gets most of its damage from a number of low-damage hits (by PSU standards), it's slightly more significant. Back when 500 damage a hit was "good" (PSO), adding 50 to that is somewhat significant. When a hit of 1200+ is "standard" and achievable by even a caster meleeing, that's not so hot.

Zoldeel, on the other hand, actually has use. Moreso for enabling more frequent Just-Countering, but it also helps more hits to land on higher-EVP enemies. Reducing your number of hits that count for 0 will have more of an effect than adding 30-50 damage per hit that does land.

I wouldn't bother leveling Jellen unless you want it to remove enemy Shifta (or, y'know, buy a Fire-type Sonichi). I wouldn't bother leveling Zalure unless you're a heavily mechgun-using AT. Zoldeel might be worth it though. If you've gotta tag with a debuff, might as well target enemy attacks and defenses with one cast.

Also, this guide has specific numbers (credit to Special K):

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150891

Ryosuke_Kura
Jul 17, 2009, 01:46 PM
Cool, that means I'm pretty much done with my power leveling, thanks for the posts everyone.