PDA

View Full Version : Double Cannon

Reksanden
Jul 18, 2009, 12:48 PM
looking at the forums i saw this weapon mentioned. when i looked it up, it didn't display what gives one. how do you get it?

psofan219
Jul 18, 2009, 06:21 PM
To get a Double Cannon, you need three things: Lavis Cannon, and two Syncestas. Syncesta one will turn the Lavis Cannon (Saber-type weapon) into the Lavis Blade (Dagger-type). Syncesta two turns the Lavis Blade into the Double Cannon (Double Saber-type). Best way to go is make a character with a Redria and Oran ID (Redria for Lavis Cannon (Pouilly Slime, 1/22 chance in Ultimate Caves), and Oran for Syncesta (1/22 from Hildetorr)).

sCI
Jul 19, 2009, 12:26 AM
In other words....Get the Black king/Monkey king bar.

Or just don't use a double saber weapon. ;)

Reksanden
Jul 19, 2009, 03:13 AM
In other words....Get the Black king/Monkey king bar.

Or just don't use a double saber weapon. ;)

??????????

DC_PLAYER
Jul 19, 2009, 09:32 AM
Black King bar has more atp and it may be easier to obtain.
Double cannon requires a lavis cannon wich is hard to find and 2 Syncestas, psofan mentioned the drop rates.

Other double saber style wapons are also good, but that depends on what you really want.

Ryna
Jul 19, 2009, 09:57 AM
The Double Cannon is a good weapon. Its only downfall is that it is very difficult to obtain a legitimate one. Back in the Gamecube days, if you saw someone using a Double Cannon and asked where they got it, they would say, "From my friend."

If you have the appropriate Section ID, obtaining a Monkey King Bar would definitely be easier.

Reksanden
Jul 19, 2009, 02:12 PM
well im a redria so it may be better to get the monkey king bar, but i might as well go after the lavis cannon or blades since im already after the asuka and demolition comet.

sCI
Jul 20, 2009, 02:18 PM
Hahahahaha, that's funny, that's like saying, "well, since I ran from California to Arizona, I might-as-well run to maine......

I was basically suggesting what DC_ said.

ShadowsofMetal12
Jul 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
True that
pipe Lilys for the demolitions comet and slay assians for askura
but sit around and pipe for red slimes with a 1/22 chance

pshhhh strap on your running shoes cause I guess your running to main

Reksanden
Jul 20, 2009, 04:18 PM
I guess i'll also swim to Japan from Maine because i'm after the NUG2000 Bazooka, which has the crazy, scary, INSANE drop rate of 1/20880 from canunes. (for a Yellowboze character)

SStrikerR
Jul 20, 2009, 04:28 PM
NUG can't even combo and until you're a pretty damn high level it will be a fairly useless weapon.

Reksanden
Jul 20, 2009, 04:30 PM
NUG can't even combo and until you're a pretty damn high level it will be a fairly useless weapon.

I know that, I just want to get it.

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 20, 2009, 06:32 PM
I've been trying to get a monkey king bar for a little while, but there's no way I'll be able to get a Blue Black stone on gamecube now huh?

sCI
Jul 22, 2009, 11:39 AM
I'm pretty sure the Monkey bar is still pretty good.

I love this game and how it's online. However, the whole "limited to online" crap really ruined it after they shut-down legit online game play. I never played online, but then again, I never needed to at the time it was available.

It was only when I had gotten so far with offline, that the only fun could be had online, that I needed online. It was gone.

Dare I say, if they ever make another game like this, I almost hope they don't make it online...

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 22, 2009, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the Monkey bar is still pretty good.

I love this game and how it's online. However, the whole "limited to online" crap really ruined it after they shut-down legit online game play. I never played online, but then again, I never needed to at the time it was available.

It was only when I had gotten so far with offline, that the only fun could be had online, that I needed online. It was gone.

Dare I say, if they ever make another game like this, I almost hope they don't make it online...

Eh, Demolition Comet is better than the Monkey King Bar, But black King bar is amazingly good.

I know exactly what you're saying. I spent all my time offline because my friends would play, so we'd play split screen all the time. Now they don't play anymore, and I'm tired of having 200 Photon drops. I really wish they had included that photon drop quest in PSO Plus, but it seems like it involves an area that is only available online. Grrrr.

TrueChaos
Jul 23, 2009, 04:41 PM
yeah, go for a MKB/BKB. much better weapon

zombiemoshpit84
Jul 23, 2009, 06:53 PM
iv never been able to pipe spawn rare monsters on GC iv tried for hours too. iv had better luck spamming soul of a black smith. what are the odds of spawning a mil lily if i lay a pipe in front of say five lilys'? how many times do you id have to go back and forth? i still want a demo comit with hit%

Eluvion
Jul 23, 2009, 07:00 PM
iv never been able to pipe spawn rare monsters on GC iv tried for hours too. iv had better luck spamming soul of a black smith. what are the odds of spawning a mil lily if i lay a pipe in front of say five lilys'? how many times do you id have to go back and forth? i still want a demo comit with hit%

The odds are astronomical. I've successfully piped every rare monster in the game before, but its horrible for your gamecube. Spamming quests is the way to go.

Jaspaller
Jul 23, 2009, 07:06 PM
Theres a nice place to pipe 9 lillies at once. I forget which quest it was though but it involved getting to Caves 2. It was a small circular room, and there was a spawn of lillies... if you walked to the next door it would spawn a few more.

Anyone remember which quest it was...? Probably the one that had to do with Anna...

zombiemoshpit84
Jul 23, 2009, 07:08 PM
The odds are astronomical. I've successfully piped every rare monster in the game before, but its horrible for your gamecube. Spamming quests is the way to go.

thank you. people have been telling me to spam pipe leading me to huge wastes of time ill keep doin what in doin. oh and the double lavis looks cool but isnt that great id go for demo commits and try to tek some % out of em "cant add % w/drops offline"

Ban3
Jul 23, 2009, 07:31 PM
yeah, go for a MKB/BKB. much better weapon

not really better weapon.....just more likely to obtain =P

ShadowsofMetal12
Jul 25, 2009, 05:56 PM
Im about to go on a double cannon hunt myself, will it be worth it to do forest of sorrow over and over for the synesta or should I get to the part were three bears drop in? also before you say this hunt is stupid and I should get a Monkey king bar, I just dont play episode 2 enough it hunt it out and Im not quite ready for ultimate seabed I would but the double cannon is just a way more badass weapon. me and my friend split up the hunt, he`ll take finding the lavis cannon and Ill find the two synestas, two bad Im just going to dupe the second one. I know about the addicting food slime split teleopipe thing for the cannon and i know about All I need to know to do this hunt but if anybody knows some like super secret way of making a synesta hunt easy, Im a oran on GC offline

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 26, 2009, 06:41 AM

I feel really lucky now, because of the either 3 or 4 demolition comets I've piped, one came up as 5/0/0/0/35 35% freaking hit. The weapon is the only one my Hunewearl needs.

Nisoth
Jul 26, 2009, 09:39 PM
Im about to go on a double cannon hunt myself, will it be worth it to do forest of sorrow over and over for the synesta or should I get to the part were three bears drop in? also before you say this hunt is stupid and I should get a Monkey king bar, I just dont play episode 2 enough it hunt it out and Im not quite ready for ultimate seabed I would but the double cannon is just a way more badass weapon. me and my friend split up the hunt, he`ll take finding the lavis cannon and Ill find the two synestas, two bad Im just going to dupe the second one. I know about the addicting food slime split teleopipe thing for the cannon and i know about All I need to know to do this hunt but if anybody knows some like super secret way of making a synesta hunt easy, Im a oran on GC offline

I piped my first syncesta, but I got pretty lucky. I got mine on my first piping mission. I'm hoping to get really lucky again. FoS runs are good because you get exp and plenty of opportunities for a Hildetorr to spawn. Piping is nice because you compound your spawn opportunities, but lose exp opportuntities. Piping is also very bad for your gamecube. Consider your options carefully.