PDA

View Full Version : A Question on the stat of LUCK

TheOriginalBarkingSpider
Feb 20, 2003, 11:39 AM
I know that higher luck will increase your chances of critical hit. Could some one with knowledge on this list ALL the benifits from pumping up your luck

Thanks

TOBS

Nintense
Feb 20, 2003, 11:46 AM
I believe that is all it affects, how often you score a critical hit.

MadCowChuck_
Feb 20, 2003, 11:50 AM
I know for a fact it affects critical hit chances. Someone can prove/disprove me, but I hear it also increases chance to freeze with barta spells? Heard it somewhere, take it with a grain of salt...

Anyone know about that?

KodiaX987
Feb 20, 2003, 11:56 AM
Before someone asks, NO, it does NOT affect rare drops!!!

*looks around*

What?!

TheOriginalBarkingSpider
Feb 20, 2003, 12:06 PM
Well right now my luck is at 96 and i get a critical hit about 75% of the tiem in a 3 attack combo with my stag.

Yes I know it does not affect how many rares you find.

But consider this - I have had people try yo tell me that, eventhough it does not directly increase your chances of finding rares, you may have a greater chance of finding rares when killing a baddie with a critical hit (I am a bit skeptical of this theory also)

Sasarai
Feb 20, 2003, 12:12 PM
The only fact--I believe, is that luck increases critical hit rate.

Some speculate, though I'm not certain if it's true, that it also affects chance of freezing/paralyze etc.

If you want to freeze enemies more often for certain, use higher level techs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I have 52 luck and only freeze enemies about a 1/3 of the time. Of course, I can only use level 15 Rabarta.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 20, 2003, 12:18 PM
Freezing mostly depends on EIC and level of gibarta/rabarta. The same goes for getting frozen. Even with 100 Luck, if I go into VH Mountain, I consistnatly get frozen.

As for receiving critical hits, that seems to only depend on the enemy's Luck. Zol Gibbon still manage to get a critical hit on Phalanx at about the same rate when she didn't have 100 Luck.

That critical hits and finding rares is nonsense. If anything, I've found less rares as my Luck has gone up. (this is only coincidence as well)

ShieldDragon
Feb 20, 2003, 01:32 PM
Did ya'll use mostly materials to raise luck, or equipment?

GandorDurin
Feb 20, 2003, 01:45 PM
Before I knew there was a material limit, I brought my base luck up to 40 and currently equip a Hero/Ability.

Once I gain another 20 or so levels I'll be able to remove a God/Arm, and I'll probably replace it with a God/Luck...

It's probably better to just use Materials, though.

OriginalMalcolm
Feb 20, 2003, 01:58 PM
100 luck doesnt give 100% chance for critical hit tho does it?

Elusive_Llama
Feb 20, 2003, 02:23 PM
Now THAT would be overpowered. Imagine 100% critical hits on a maxed out HUcast using Charge Vulcans with 50% hit...oooohhh.....

Percival
Feb 20, 2003, 02:35 PM
100 Luck DOES NOT equals 100% critical hit probability.

GandorDurin
Feb 20, 2003, 02:36 PM
I figured Luck was like Proof on an alcoholic beverage; a two to one ratio.

With 50 Luck I seem to critical about a quarter of the time...Sometimes 5 criticals in a row, sometimes no criticals for 10 or so hits, but I still say it averages out to approximately one in four being a critical.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 20, 2003, 04:14 PM
100 Luck doesn't even come out to 50%. Maybe around 25% or so.

In theory, it's better to use Luck materials... The downside here is that it took me an average of 10 hours to find 1 Luck material.

thewiredknight
Feb 20, 2003, 04:36 PM
It does seem to affect freezing and paralysis etc... if it's the special move of your weapon, it never seems to matter for spells.

RabbitGod
Feb 20, 2003, 04:54 PM
Ok yeah for my first PSO world post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Next Luck dose the fallowing
Critical Hit up
Speacal effect chance up

I can tell because I have a Hell Laser and the higher my luck gets the more often I get 1 hit kills

Maelkith
Feb 20, 2003, 06:05 PM
special attacks are based on ata, they are just harder to pull off then regular and hard attacks. i dont believe luck is a factor in the hit of special attacks, because sometimes special attacks that hit are critical hits as well.

luck is an underated skill. critical hits though rare can help finish enemies faster. enemies have dfp in ultimate that is only gradually affected by atp. when you have 1400 atp, 50 makes little difference. increasing your luck to have more frequent criticals does make a difference. god luck is alot more useful to high level characters than god power for those who did not max out luck to a natural 100. if you live in ultimate ruins, and dont just visit, god power will be of little use to you.

FluxGryphon
Feb 20, 2003, 06:09 PM
Increases chance of special hitting, hmm? I'll have to try that with my HUmar. I spontaneously found a God/Luck off of a Love Rappy (without even looking for one!), and with a Hero/Ability his Luck is 82. I used 15 Luck mats on him. And if a Gae Bolg adds an additional 5 to Luck (which I *think* it does), I can check to see whether the Freeze works better with or without the God/Luck.

Luck definitely raises crits. My HUmar is crit crazy simply because he has the highest luck of all my characters. If he didn't, it would take two sets of 3-hit combos (with a Gush Vulcan +9) to kill (for example) a Bartle instead of the less than or equal to one set of 3-hit combo. A 100% crit rate would be insane.

Bloodberry
Feb 20, 2003, 06:13 PM
I know it's a dead horse, but my roommate and me have been running through V. Hard mines with our characters. One run through the mines just got me 2 photon drops, god/arm, mace of ada, and some special mechgun (forget it's name, 9 star though). This is typical, except the god/arm. She did a mines run, then a forest, caves, mines run. She got a photon drop and something else useless. Also, she got a guilty light after quitting and doing one more mines.

She's an Oran, I'm a Purplenum, the only other difference is my luck is 20 higher (30 with Final Impact on). Just seems weird. Maybe she's massively unlucky, maybe it's the IDs..