PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Marathon!

Kinako78
Jul 19, 2009, 05:54 PM
TheSpeedGamers are hosting a Final Fantasy Marathon where they try raise money for Autism Care and Treatment (ACT). It's a week long event that began on July 17th and they're still going strong! So go join in and maybe even donate to the cause!

http://www.thespeedgamers.com

Hope to see you there! :)

Update: They're getting close to $13,000 now! Help them and cheer them on to reach their final goal!

Update #2: Since my last update, they have long since surpassed their $20,000 goal and are now aiming for $50,000. They're currently close to $40,000.

Rubius-sama
Jul 19, 2009, 07:52 PM
o.O

Don't they have jobs? They've been playing for 49 hours straight as of now...

Oh well, more power to them.

Kinako78
Jul 19, 2009, 08:00 PM
They may work different shifts, though. I know they switch who's actually playing every once in awhile.

Retehi
Jul 19, 2009, 08:12 PM
Nerds do have the potential to pay off the national debt with little things like this then.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 19, 2009, 09:30 PM
It's pretty bad that they're stuck on the final boss of FF5 for like 3 hours now.

This makes me wonder if our community could do the same thing with Phantasy Star. I've got some vacation time coming up in September and I'd be more than willing to volunteer for 4-5 of em.

(oh and hi. I'm semi back.)

Zorafim
Jul 23, 2009, 09:25 PM
Final boss of FF5? I never remember him being hard. Then again, I had dual wield, x fight, and spellblade by then...

MaximusLight
Jul 23, 2009, 09:50 PM
Final boss of FF5? I never remember him being hard. Then again, I had dual wield, x fight, and spellblade by then...

Depends on the level and set up, for instance if you've got low levels and a decent set up you can win, but it will be hard not because of damage output but mainly because you can't survive enough of his attacks, you need to "power up" just to stand a chance. That in mind though if you have "Return" you can restart so long as you can use the character that has it. I had two healers, one a caster that could summon as well, the other was set up like for melee, then I had a time/black magic user and a duel wielding melee and black magic user.
Basically I would be heavy on healing with the one and have the other support or attack he needed. I also used the other two for support when needed, but would have them throw out as much damage as possible. I would keep the MP high on both the main healer and the time user (just in case). I picked a specific target so that I could get the boss' attacks down as fast as possible too.
Even with all that it took a good half an hour to hour to win the fight, and that was a relatively short game time. Plus I picked only three or four focus classes for each character and made them master those as much as possible before fighting (which I just barely got done).
So if someone were to speed game through it without the little add ons, unfinished classes, and the low levels, it would be much more difficult.

Kinako78
Jul 24, 2009, 07:19 PM
The marathon has now ended and they've just passed their goal of $50,000, making this the most money they've earned for charity to date!

My congratulations to Britt and his team for a job well done! :)

Kylie
Jul 27, 2009, 11:18 PM
I saw this, and I donated a little. Those guys are amazing.