PDA

View Full Version : Powerful Ranger Weapons (GC)

Reksanden
Jul 19, 2009, 09:42 PM
NUG2000 Bazooka: This is a launcher on steroids. It is very powerful for a one-shot-at-a-time weapon. However, you will probably never see one because of the INSANE drop rates. Look them up yourself because I don't remember. ( Heh heh...nug.)

Maser Beam: Sounds weird, but is pretty good. It looks cool, too. Nearly every section ID can get this from the Gol Dragon (ultimate). It is a shot that shoots lightning. Believe me, its cool. Drop Rate: mostly 1/50-ish.

Tell me some others. (btw I don't have them YET.)

Mestermens
Jul 20, 2009, 04:50 AM
Heavens Punisher =P That sure is a REALLY rare weapon, but not less sought after. I've never tried it myself, but I have heard of it and seen it many times. The drop rate is scarily high: 1/205 from Hildetorr on forest with Bluefull.

Guld Milla is another very rare and strong weapon, with an unreduced Gush special. This one is not easy to find either. Since it is a weapon combination, the drop rate is SLIGHTLY higher than it would be if you found the Guld Milla rather than the Guld and Milla separate. To find it you're gonna have to do a LOT of runs on forest and ruins with that Whitill character (Yay, finally he gets to do something) because the drop rate is 1/28808 From Tollaws (Milla) and the same number for Guld, except you have to kill lots of Gran Sorcerers for that one =D

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 20, 2009, 06:56 PM
Guld Milla is the weapon I want more than any other, but I could never bring myself to do as many runs as are required to find it.

I really like Yasminkov 3000R, it's one of the most powerful rifles in the game, and once you grind it it's more powerful that the 7000V. For mechguns, I have Red Mechguns, but I want 9000Ms, just don't feel like looking. A really powerful shot is the Baranz Launcher, but unfortunately I didn't use it for very long because now I have Spread Needle, which is not as powerful, but with my Ramarls great power and lvl 20 Shifta, Spread Needle is far better. For a less powerful character, the Baranz Launcher is probably better.

I think the Belra Cannon is pretty powerful too, but I have two, and they are USELESS.

Reksanden
Jul 20, 2009, 10:55 PM
Frozen Shooter: a weird and slighty dangerous weapon that is fun to use. As the name implies, it freezes. Not just enemies, but you too(randomly). Dropped from Hildetorrs, 1/2.
Easy weapon to get, and strong.

Reksanden
Jul 20, 2009, 11:03 PM
Holy Ray: An unusual rifle that anyone with enough MST can use. Fairly powerful. Dropped from Dal Ra Lie, 1/49(Bluefulls get it from the Sil Dragon, same drop rate).

Reksanden
Jul 20, 2009, 11:23 PM
Anti Android Rifle: Yet another weird but powerful weapon. It has a lot of ATP for a rifle, and the tempest special(normal). The drops vary, so look it up yourself.

Vypor
Jul 21, 2009, 12:17 AM
I myself have played PSOBB a good deal, and have gained many an excellent Ranger weapon.

Snow Queen:
While the no combo can be annoying, it's definitely one of the more powerful rifles. And every attack pierces.
So you have freeze multiple enemies in a row.

Spread Needle:
The downside to this weapon is it's very short range.
The upside however, is it's rifle animation attack speed. Making it excellent for dealing quick damage, especially when coupled with a V101 or Heavenly/Battle.

NUG2000 Bazooka:
It's an excellent launcher, but I'm not particularly a big fan of the launchers. Though I'm after a Cannon Rouge, which is the most powerful Bazooka. The "Nugget" bazooka still deals a good amount of damage.

Crush Bullet:
Yes, I said Crush Bullet.
Despite it's being rather common, the CB is an excellent spread gun with rather high ATP for a common rare. But the Fill Special is what really shines with it, the potential to steal HP from up to (5 or 6, I forget how many) can fill your gauge rather quickly.

And now for my all time fave...

Mille Martueax:
The combination of a Heaven Punisher and Ophelie Seize +9 grants you this wondrous weapon. The most powerful of the Mechguns, and with the Divine Punishement special attack, this can literally be an all purpose weapon.
Especially for those oh so aggravating Satellite Lizards and Yowies on Episode 4.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/images/album/thumbs/10/5d1977a2e4a43d99933dced7479af3aa_10333.png?dl=1248 152350 http://www.pso-world.com/forums/images/album/thumbs/10/84965a363e7cc8f12442748949dbd89a_10230.png?dl=1246 853528

Hope this helped.
=Vypor

Reksanden
Jul 21, 2009, 12:20 AM
Actually im just doing this for fun, but yes it DOES help.

Vypor
Jul 21, 2009, 12:28 AM
Frozen Shooter: a weird and slighty dangerous weapon that is fun to use. As the name implies, it freezes. Not just enemies, but you too(randomly). Dropped from Hildetorrs, 1/2.
Easy weapon to get, and strong.

You forget to mention that Frozen Shooter only drops 1/2 from Hildtorrs for ID's: Greenill, Purplenum, Yellowboze, and Whitill.

;D

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2009, 12:29 AM
No ranger is complete without a Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen.

Reksanden
Jul 21, 2009, 12:44 AM
You forget to mention that Frozen Shooter only drops 1/2 from Hildtorrs for ID's: Greenill, Purplenum, Yellowboze, and Whitill.

;D

oops! sorry.

Reksanden
Jul 21, 2009, 12:59 AM
Justy23ST: A good rifle with great ATP for such a low ATA requirement(125). It has plenty of drops for Greenills and Skylies, and about 4 for Yellowbozes. Nice, good rifle to obtain before going for others

I haven't played BB yet, but those who have can help me with those things I don't post. Post some great Ranger stuff, please!

I didn't use rangers much before recently(im a big hunter user), but im building up a ranger now, and they rock.

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2009, 01:23 AM
Note: Skylys find far too many Justys. If you don't have a Skyly, I'm sure someone who is one would be more than glad to give you a Justy.

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 21, 2009, 03:37 AM
Oh, also Ruby Bullet is really cool, but not that powerful. I wish it was more powerful, because I'd love to use it more.

Red Handgun fully ground is very good either for low level rangers without enough ATA to use a better weapon, or for hunters who need to have a gun on them (which I've found they definitely do.)

To Dragwind: I feel that while Frozen Shooters can be very useful, they are only really necessary on levels where your character has a lot of trouble. If your character is high enough that the level they are doing is not that hard for them, a Frozen shooter hardly helps, if it does at all. The only level where I feel it is necessary with my Ramarl is Seabed, and then only against Delbiters and Morfos (it makes Deldepths easier too, but they aren't hard, just annoying.) However, I didn't even use the last two times I did seabed, as Red Mechguns work well against delbiters, and spread needle is good against morfos.

MetaZedlen
Jul 21, 2009, 04:47 PM
Well ViewtifulJoe, when you're in the lower levels, the Frozen Shooter is a broken weapon, but as you said, it becomes a bit more worthless as you level up, but then again, if you can afford a Photon Booster, the Snow Queen is a VERY nice gem to have because of it's penetrating shot that freezes all enemies in the line of fire.

Yes, it sound like using the Snow Queen is just annoying, but when you need to freeze a group of enemies, it beats using a Freeze Trap by a long shot ;)

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 22, 2009, 04:01 AM
Note: Skylys find far too many Justys. If you don't have a Skyly, I'm sure someone who is one would be more than glad to give you a Justy.

You think Skylys find too many Justys? I just ran through Ult Mine with my greenill... five Justys. Two from boxes, three from Canabins. No Yasminkovs though...

Mestermens
Aug 1, 2009, 01:37 PM
No Yasminkovs though...

Hunt Yasminkovs in Temple with a Purplenum. It's just a whole lot easier. It took me only 5 runs to get one. In mines, it took me 24 runs to find a Yas9M.
Is it worth the time to hunt one in Mines?

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 1, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hunt Yasminkovs in Temple with a Purplenum. It's just a whole lot easier. It took me only 5 runs to get one. In mines, it took me 24 runs to find a Yas9M.
Is it worth the time to hunt one in Mines?

I'm looking for the rifle with the greenill, and I believe gillchichs in mine are the only possible place to find the 3000R. I wouldn't mind having some 9000Ms but my purplenum is really low level.