PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with east and west tower quests (Maricarols)

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 20, 2009, 07:04 PM
The Maricarols, Merikles, and Mericus all kill my lvl 155 Hucast in one hit with that thing that looks like megid but isn't, and with that attack where they shoot out that purple mist. If there's one and I'm able to get close enough to use a freeze trap, I'm fine, but I have a really hard time getting close to them, especially if there are two next to each other, as there often are.

How are you supposed to fight those things? All the enemies in those quests like ill Gills and stuff are really hard, but none kill me as easily as those stupid flowers.

Reksanden
Jul 20, 2009, 09:13 PM
im not sure what your talking about, but they sound like the ob and mil lilies on the ultimate caves which shoot megid. very annoying, although it can be resisted(or i was just lucky).

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 21, 2009, 03:48 AM
im not sure what your talking about, but they sound like the ob and mil lilies on the ultimate caves which shoot megid. very annoying, although it can be resisted(or i was just lucky).

No, they are actually not like the lilies, thought there is a lily equivalent called a Del Lily.

Have you played episode 2? Because if you do, then you'll get to the control center after beating temple and spaceship. The control center has three parts: Jungle, mountain, and seaside, each with their own mini boss. The mini boss of Jungle is called the Mericarol, and you fight it in this area with a bunch of little steps with water on them. It is an enormous green plant thing (much bigger than a lily) with a red flower head and bladed arms. The Merikle and Mericus are green and blue versions of the same thing. What they shoot is not megid, not only because it doesn't look like it, but because it hits every time no matter how much dark resistance you have. If you haven't played episode 2, I suggest you do it simply because there are many new enemies, and some interesting levels.

Freeze
Jul 21, 2009, 03:55 AM
Lower difficulties they spit confuse but on ultimate its instant kill. Some areas of the east tower you can hide behind fences and spots where the floor zig zags. Ranged weapons are the best but even then they can be a real pain. I'm not sure about the west tower because I hardly play it.