PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea

Reksanden
Jul 20, 2009, 09:47 PM
I prefer the second one (i've never played the others). those who have played, which do you prefer?

Randomness
Jul 20, 2009, 09:59 PM
I've only played the first. (Via DS port)

I like the game, but the whole in-your-face grind is a bit off-putting.

AC9breaker
Jul 21, 2009, 12:24 PM
I love 3, I've dropped hundreds of hours into the game. My biggest complaint with 3 is that the Ultimate spells don't have the cool animated Omega Spell gif.s like 2.

hyperacute
Jul 21, 2009, 01:06 PM
Love Disgaea, probably the second one the most out of the three (although I've barely started the 3rd one so perhaps can't compare it).

Plot is just insanely funny and I've always been a sucker for a good strategy game. Really like the pixel art too, so rare to see games like that these days.

AC9breaker
Jul 21, 2009, 01:44 PM
So today I finally managed to max out one of my Humanoids attack stat to 99,999,999 at level 1. Now to figure out how to exploit that so that I can do over 10 Billions points of damage in a single hit and get that trophy.

autumn
Jul 21, 2009, 03:00 PM
I adore Disgaea ^-^ The first is my fave although 2 was good. Laharl is made of win :3

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2009, 09:56 PM
I've seen my friend play several of the games, and he let me play Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? on his PSP. That game's hard as bawls! I love the series though. :3

I've thought about getting Disgaea 3 for PS3. I've noticed it has a LOOOT of P2P DLC though... =x That, and I'd rather not have a massive timesink on a game that's only single-player, now that I've gotten more into MMORPGs and other online games. Also, is this game trophy-enabled?? I likes mah trophy-enabled gamez... o_o

amtalx
Jul 21, 2009, 10:10 PM
Disagaea 3 just got a trophy patch, but players beware. Its not retroactive and will render previous saves unusable. Thanks Sony. You fail.

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2009, 10:18 PM
Wow, that sucks... =x Are they just for the DLC (because I know some games do that), or for the original game too?

AC9breaker
Jul 21, 2009, 10:37 PM
Disagaea 3 just got a trophy patch, but players beware. Its not retroactive and will render previous saves unusable. Thanks Sony. You fail.

True and false. The trophies are not retroactive but the challenges required to obtain such trophies are all endgame stuff which usually isn't too hard to get by the time your there.

The part about rendering old saves unplayable was a bit of bad wording by NIS. I myself was stressing when the announcement was first made because I feared I would lose my 500+ hours on the game. However I've downloaded the file as well as many others from the gamefaqs message boards and no problems have been had.

I find Disgaea to be such a relaxing game in the sense that the level grindin' is so simple yet the game offers so much content that it's always cognitively engaging me. It's my go to game, when I've grown tired or bored with other games.

Randomness
Jul 21, 2009, 10:42 PM
Well, I'll give you that the level grinding isn't too HARD, its just so in-your-face that you need to grind, and its not very entertaining. (Nor are there the classic RPG grinding staple of sidequests to help)

Still, combining every unit on the map into a single enemy, then wasting it is fun.

amtalx
Jul 21, 2009, 11:15 PM
True and false. The trophies are not retroactive but the challenges required to obtain such trophies are all endgame stuff which usually isn't too hard to get by the time your there.

The part about rendering old saves unplayable was a bit of bad wording by NIS. I myself was stressing when the announcement was first made because I feared I would lose my 500+ hours on the game. However I've downloaded the file as well as many others from the gamefaqs message boards and no problems have been had.

I find Disgaea to be such a relaxing game in the sense that the level grindin' is so simple yet the game offers so much content that it's always cognitively engaging me. It's my go to game, when I've grown tired or bored with other games.

Word. Good to hear. I wonder why they said that. *shrug*