PDA

View Full Version : Deband+Shifta or Megistar?

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 12:28 AM
Well, being an AM player, I use deband+shifta, as most people who play AM do or should do, but I haven't tried using megistar.

And the reason for that being that I read some things around the net. Basically coming to the fact that it was more practical to use deband+shifta.

I don't know. Those two focus solely on ATK and DEF, while megistar focuses on all stats at the cost of HP over time.

What do you guys think?

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 12:32 AM
I use shifta and deband. Depending what class I am, (usually GM) I just use agteride, and defberide and the other two. I always have all 4 of em on me. I hate the cost of HP... I feel the need I always have to heal or something. lol

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 12:37 AM
See, that is the first reason why I didn't use megistar, but there is a plus to it besides the fact that it raises all stats isn't there?

What are the % that those three raise the stats by?

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 01:10 AM
All the "pills" are buff status 2. Although it might be different in PS: P cause of the level 30 PA cap.
So the pills might be level 1 buffs, while Megistar can go up to level 2(21+)

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2009, 01:10 AM
Seeing as the supposed difference between using a megistaride vs your own AM buffs is only a 2% loss, I'd say save time and pallete space by just popping a megistaride to buff up. At the cost of only 2 dimates or 1 trimate, it's simply less of a hassle for the same benefit imo.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 01:17 AM
Guess I'll try it out then. Wouldn't it be lvl3 at TECHNIC lvl21+? Seeing how AM has a lvl20 cap for support, it would only make it up to lvl2 then

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2009, 01:20 AM
Yes, 21+ is "tier 3" buffs. You're right about AM buffs, it can only cast "tier 2" buffs.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 01:30 AM
So then, megistar would last about the same time as a lvl20 Deband and Shifta then, right? Or not, since it does buff up ALL stats

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 01:37 AM
Yea sorry about that. lol.
So the "pills" would be tier 2.
IMO Megistar is a waste of palette.
I mainly play GM and FM so I don't get the buffs at 11+... I think they stop at 10.
I would just use the megistaride, or the 4 buff pills. The whole losing HP thing...plus if you do it fast enough, it takes like 3 seconds to use all 4 pills, and less than half that to use Megistaride.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2009, 01:38 AM
So then, megistar would last about the same time as a lvl20 Deband and Shifta then, right? Or not, since it does buff up ALL stats

The same amount of time. It's like you cast all 4 buffs at the same time, but you take damage too.

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 01:40 AM
Also, the pills last the same amount off time as level 11+(or -21) buffs.
So, you could keep the megistaride on your palette, the 4 buffs in inventory, like I do, or cast megistar. Only the megistar and staride cost HP to use, with the same amount of time and HP drain.
Whereas I use the 4 buff pills right before I start killing, and they last the same amount of time, with no HP cost.

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2009, 01:41 AM
In PS:P it's a one minute difference between each tier.
Tier 1 = 2 minutes, tier 2 = 3 mins, tier 3 = 4 mins.
Megistaride lasts 2 minutes opposed to your self buffs lasting you 3 minutes.

Edit: It seems Megistar is actually better than popping a megistaride. I'd say carrying a tech mag or something with megistar on it instead.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Well, taking damage would seem like a reasonable price to pay for being able to buff all four stats at the same time from a single TECHNIC.

Otherwise I usually have resta+X TECHNIC on motav and shifta+deband on a delpi

Volcompat321
Grrr... So the buff pills are only tier 1?

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 01:46 AM
I've not checked into the time at which the pills last, but they seem do last for a good amount of time.

The pills do last 2 minutes. So, yes, they are tier 1.

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 01:52 AM
I'm not sure about time either, but it seems I have to "re-buff" myself two times per block, depending on which mission. I run Dark Satellite S a lot, and it takes a good bit of time (about 15-19 minutes each run). So it would mean, 4 blocks x 2 re-buffs= 8 pills per run=16 minutes.
So my timing isn't too far off from that.

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2009, 01:55 AM
Megistaride boosts by 13% opposed to tier 1's 11% and tier 2's 15%. It seems the pills sit somewhere in the middle while Megistar gives you the tier 2's 15% boost.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 01:58 AM
So megistar does increase by the same %, it just comes with the ability to do all four and at the price of HP

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 02:09 AM
Interesting. I think I will use the Megistaride. Too bad you cant buy em gotta find em!

And on a side note, since I play both JP and EN versions by switching my save, has anyone else noticed you can buy scapes in the JP version, but NOT the EN version....
Wtf is up with that?

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 02:22 AM
For the same reason why youy can have 10 scapes in jp and only 3 in us

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 02:29 AM
Yea, wtf for real lol.
When I was a low level I was dying all the time.(when I played techer)
My friends had to res me all the time.
I'm starting to play my F Newman techer now though. I hope I have better luck staying alive with her.
It sucks too cause I have to get all the weapon % things to get my wand back! :o
And then I have to solo my way through the Alterazgoug to get a pwand cause my friends don't play anymore :(

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 02:57 AM
that blows

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 03:01 AM
Eh, it will be fun and exciting. I know I can do it.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 03:10 AM
I was going to do C&B again as a MF to look for red / force, but I want to be sure if it is only gotten as a MF first.

Volcompat321
Jul 21, 2009, 03:13 AM
I can confirm ALL units and ALL armor(I've gotten) are for ALL classes.
I know for a fact the units are, cause I've gotten 3 Red Knight as 3 different classes, 2 Red Force as 2 different classes, and only 1 Red Wall, but a friend got his as a different class.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 03:19 AM
So then, what drops red / force? FO/MF, AM/PT I'm assuming.

Dragwind
Jul 21, 2009, 03:21 AM
Let's try to keep this thread relevant to the topic guys, use the visitor boards and PMs for personal discussions or make a new thread relevant to discussion/questions at hand :sandwich:

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 21, 2009, 03:24 AM
Sorry. >_<

Pheeel
Jul 23, 2009, 01:33 AM
I just wanted to add a few pros and cons on this discussion...

Megistar only buffs self - if you play with NPC or friends, it's not that great.
Megistar will run out faster than the single buffs - having to rebuff is a pain, especially if you have a long boss fight (lol... yeah right).

If you're using R-Mags with your 1 handed weapons, you can also gain benefit from the Retier buff. So if you do want to be the strongest you can be, you would need to hit all 4 buffs.

Typically an AM would save 1 weapon slot on the palette for the wand/tech-mag. In that spot you could have all 4 single buffs if you wish, or you could have Megistar/Giresta and the two shield spells Dizas and Rentis.

Giresta is handy for ressing NPCs and it perfectly offsets the Megistar temporary health drain so you don't even need to worry about it as you are playing.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 23, 2009, 02:06 PM
That's how I was going about it. I put rentis+dizas on motav and then i put giresta+megistar on delpi.

Pheeel
Jul 23, 2009, 06:52 PM
Does the Motav PA boost increase the Giresta healing?

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 23, 2009, 10:55 PM
dunno. I have giresta on delpi since it has more pp than motav. I have the shield TECHNICs on my motav.

When you say guresta healing, do you mean the auto heal or the actual healing itself when the TECHNIC is cast?

Pheeel
Jul 23, 2009, 11:33 PM
I guess I meant both XD

DeinoK
Jul 23, 2009, 11:49 PM
Does the Motav PA boost increase the Giresta healing?

OF course it does :)

Pheeel
Jul 24, 2009, 01:31 AM
Hmm, good reason to swap then... but probably a minor difference :)

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jul 24, 2009, 03:53 AM
probably