PDA

View Full Version : twinking is for chumps

august
Feb 20, 2003, 03:52 PM
this is posted on gamefaqs as well, but i wanted everyone to hear it. i know no one is going to completely stop, it's just me stating publicly that i discourage it, and hope you will support this!

ahem:

i'm tired of twinks. for those of you who don't know the term, it's basically giving items/abilities to a low level character to make them far more powerful than they should be.

first of all, id like to say that i'm not wholly against it, and that this isn't an absolute. its situational where twinking is appropriate. once someone has leveled a character into the 100's i can understand their unwillingness to go through the same thing at the same pace. so transfer of some items may be appropriate.... OFFLINE OR ALONE, or with other TWINKED OUT CHUMPS.

basically, when you have 1000atp in normal forest, you ruin the game for the rest of the real noobs, or those twinks less uber than thou. poor little hunter can't get any exp when your spread needle cleans a whole room in one quick attack.

even when everyone is twinked, you're all in a way, missing out on XP, as whoever gets into the room first tends to kill everything in sight (forces with 293840932 mst are guilty as hell) and the exp doesn't spread properly. the increased speed through rooms might compensate, but i doubt it.

my main concern is ruining the experience for people who either want to 1) have the fun of building their character from scratch again and 2) ESPECIALLY real newbies.

i was guilty of this myself, but i've pulled most the items off my HUcaseal in order to make the game more fun. Personally, I don't have a good time goin through levels when i know that nothing can touch me, and i'm simply going to breeze through it.

the problem became painfully clear when my girlfriend brought her level 14 HUnewearl she'd been leveling offline into an online game, only to have the force steal every last kill, and the hunter was using a gun that could kill everything he came to in one shot. she was using daggers, and was lucky to hit one or two things in a room before it all died. she's too low to have Rafoie or a spell that can touch everything in the room. she basically got screwed out of alot of exp.

i personally, wont be twinking any of my characters, or playing my low level characters with twinks. I think the biggest problem is level 200 mags being used by level 1 people.. so twinking in V-Hard and later hwen most people have 100+ mags isn't so bad. its the normal and hard twinkers i care about.

i've noticed, on the japanese servers, this doesn't happen as much. they also share loot, and are very kind. maybe thats why i'm migrating there, slowly but surely.

twinking is appropriate alone, or in games titled for twinks!

Celes152
Feb 20, 2003, 03:55 PM
Well, with those items you should be out of normal and hard within two hours, and in Vhard it won't be overdomination..

gallaugher
Feb 20, 2003, 05:22 PM
Interesting idea. My twinked up characters only play with other twinked up characters. We usually play in Ruins for good exp. 7 levels in 1 hour last night (normal mode). I don't use materials except for HP mats. It's really the mag that makes it all possible, even with that I'm not able to use any rare items at a low level.

FluxGryphon
Feb 20, 2003, 05:49 PM
I dunno how you can have 1000 ATP in the normal forest unless the thing that gets transferred is a POW Mag and an unnecesary amount of Power materials (which would be a waste to blow the max all on Power anyway, IMHO). I've never been able to make a starting character that can use so much as the Frying Pan at the start. (Whee fun! *CLANG*) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Still, I know what you mean with playing with other people with whuppass gear pre-Ultimate mode. Hard to get XP when one person is killing everything in one hit. But that just goes back to a lack of team spirit, and those people are never fun to play with. If I x-fer items (to use your term "twink") to a lower character, it's because I want to get through the lower modes faster. And since I only have two characters under Very Hard mode (though my Force finally made it into VH last night), and all the regular characters I play with are above level 50 (not to mention the slow-going level 100+), these li'l guys have some catching up to do.

I have yet to play online and experience the frustration of playing with uber-twinked characters in the lower modes (no BBA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif), but with the way I swap between characters I probably won't have any to play in Normal and Hard. *shrugs*

tinykutz
Feb 20, 2003, 06:10 PM
i twinked my fo and im not ashamed. but i believe its not the twinking as it is the person playing that char.

my fo is twinked but when i play, she is TOTAL support. ie resta,shifta,deband,jellen and zalure

she uses an anti merge and is quick w/ the moons. yes moons they're faster.

if i enter a low level game its not to show how powerful i am at killing things, its to help my friends kill things more quickly.

my motto is everyone gets exp!!! i feel i failed if someone dies at a boss and didnt get exp.

Bloodberry
Feb 20, 2003, 06:24 PM
I only twink, if ever, 9 stars, a mag usually below 50 levels, and some meseta. I could do a lot more. Even then, I make sure to get 20 levels or so offline so I don't ruin somebody's day online. Regardless of what class I am online, if I notice I can kill things with one attack routine and potentially kill off someone else's exp, I usually watch to make sure everyone hits them once. Most people notice and get in the routine of whacking everything a few times so that I can get to the business of making them pay for.. sitting peacefully in a room, I guess.

I was once in a temple game with an essentially untwinked force with two others who were mostly untwinked too and some level 80 comes in, asks whether to go "all out or hold back" so our hucast says "hold back". She holds back for maybe 3 minutes, then says "all out time" and rampages through the level killing everything. Then on the boss, after it dies rather quickly, she starts typing "it was all me" and "that was sooo easy". What precisely she expected from a normal temple run I can't be too sure, but that's become my model of what to avoid being.

Maelkith
Feb 20, 2003, 06:29 PM
before anybody points a finger at twinkers, realize that some are the victim of ST second save death, henceforth to be refered to by me as the SSOD.

i am going to twink my new character as fast as possible to ultimate mode. 11 offline only hours and he is now level 53, in ultimate using the oh so useful kings exp trick. by the time i go online with him he will be level 80+.

i use my twinks offline, or online with a tank that i am familiar with. if i am in a game before a lesser twinked character comes in, then i have the right of way. when looking for games to play try to avoid normal games where one player is say 19, and the other is around 150. its usually a sign of tanking and twinking in progress.

anyone who has items to twink probably spent the time hunting for them, and raising mags to bring up a new character fast. if you see someone twinking, you could take the opportunity to learn how they are exploiting the growth curve of the game.

if a twinked up player comes into your game, you can ask them to leave or start a new game. rude players will steal your fun from time to time. at this point its just twinkers and i thank my stars its not rude pkers and NOLers.

ABDUR101
Feb 20, 2003, 06:55 PM
If I have a high lvl character and want to give some of the nice items that I don't really need but would benefit one or more of my low lvl characters, I will go into split screen mode and ration everything.

I'll do it with weapon, armor, shields, items, anything.

I bought the game, and by giving extremely nice equipment to my lower characters, I'm not violating anything. Considering most of my time online is spent helping lower lvl characters anyways.

I'm not quite sure what the big deal is to be honest. o_O

dys0r
Feb 20, 2003, 07:22 PM
Why would an extremely high leveled player want to play with lower level characters, anyway? To show off that they can kill anything and anyone in one hit? When I play multimode with my friends, me and my other friend are both well over level 100+, but we don't go out and clean out the whole room with one fell blow. We help our other friends, who are level 50s-70s get experience quicker (we usually do V. Hard Ruins or V. Hard Episode II). It's pretty much pointless to kill anything in V. Hard since we're at such a high level. We're just there, casting Resta, S/D, J/Z. Boring as hell, but it's all good. We tend to share the loot, too.

I don't think twinking a character's all that bad. If you've put the time and effort into it (ie - raising a level 200 MAG) so that a new character created can survive and get experience much quicker -- or whatever. Hell, even giving lots of power or defense or evade mats to your friends or your new character's not that big of a deal. It doesn't necessarily destroy the fun of the game... it just makes life easier and not so much frustrating.

Likewise, if I find an item that I know a friend of mine or one of my lower level characters might really benefit from, I give it to them (ie - LIGHT RELIEF or buying a 4 slot of Valiant Frame). Some of you guys are making it sound like twinking is a friggin' crime, or something.

Bottom line: Twinking up a character isn't evil, as the original poster seems to suggest. I guess just play with people you're comfortable with, and don't let suped up players ruin it for you. Ask them to leave. They're better off with other high levels.

- dys

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dys0r on 2003-02-20 16:40 ]</font>

Gartywood
Feb 20, 2003, 07:57 PM
twinking is no big deal as long as you take it easy and dont kill everything before anyone else gets a hit in. if i were to twink and it were really unbalanced and someone asked me to leave their game i would

GandorDurin
Feb 20, 2003, 07:57 PM
So much complaining in such a simple game!

When one goes online, they can take the "risk" of playing with people they don't know. If someone one doesn't like joins a game, one is free to leave at any time. It's easier to make friends in an online game than in real life, so don't be afraid to do so. Stop worrying about the annoying folk, and play the damn game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blue147
Feb 20, 2003, 08:15 PM
do you people ever not have anything to bitch about.what do you do look for things to wine about it's just a stupid video game.it's sad that people care so much about stupid little crap in this game.if you dont like it then dont play.lol

Celes152
Feb 20, 2003, 08:29 PM
Here's an idea. Give stuff to new char. Play offline to you're level 40. About 7 hours for that..then you can play Vhard, and no one should whine about it there.

august
Feb 20, 2003, 09:03 PM
ahhh, so very off topic, and so lovely how people like to take a request, an annoyance, and make me out to be sitting in my chair, frothing at the mouth, with "DEATH TO TWINKERS" freshly carved into my chest.

point is, not everyone has access to twinked items, like 2 of my friends who just got the game. others prefer to earn things again themselves.

this is not a complaint about level 100 chars joining the normal forest. that is stupid but it's not my point.

my point is, twinkers take away all the challenge in the game for some people. if your goal, as a twinker, is to level as fast as possible, it's doubtful that playing with a bunch of noobs with sabers is the best way to go. either play offline, or...

when you get into a game, if everyones still using low level weapons, and you're packin yamatos, put them away! or, just do your best to not kill everything in one hit..

the poster above who mentioned playing a force, S/Ding, J/Zing, and healing... no real problem with that. you're focus is on everyone getting exp, which is great.

i'm just trying to make people aware of a factor that can negatively influence peoples online play. i know it did for my girlfriend, who is a harmless little noob, last night.

so please, ask, be courtious about your twinked ass, and don't steal the exp.

as stated before... offline people, do whatever you want. offline people, hack the game, turn into dark falz, i give a rats ass, it's offline. giving your friends items you find, FINE! it's much different than giving them a god/pow and a 195 pow mag and giving them a yamato for normal caves.

seems like most of you who have replied are sensitive enough to attempt not to ruin peoples play. this never really occured to me much before when i was doing it, so i thought i'd wake a few other people up.

Atax
Feb 20, 2003, 09:12 PM
I was doing offline twinking to the max a few months ago, so that I had a group of characters that could play vhard games striaght off the bat, with PSOWorld players in Antares 8 when I got ver 1.1.

Vantamiath
Feb 20, 2003, 09:17 PM
I swear if some of you would actually READ the original post you might get more out of it.

Bloodberry
Feb 20, 2003, 09:28 PM
On 2003-02-20 18:17, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
I swear if some of you would actually READ the original post you might get more out of it.

Why do that if you can just assume it's an overreactive post, and ironically reply with an overreaction?

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 20, 2003, 09:30 PM
One of the things I have a habit of doing is making a game on normal mode with a high lvl character and waiting in town for newbies to join. Then I take them to the ruins and tell them to make sure they hit every monster once. When we get to the ruins I draw all the monsters to me and let the newbs hit them for a little bit before slaughtering everything on the screen. Just repeat as neccissary for each room and each wave in the room. I don't do this to show off. I do this to help newbs get to hard mode faster so they can have the chance to find their own rares though I tend to drop rares for the newbs in these normal mode games that they can use when they lvl up a bit and get stronger. Yes I twink my low lvl chars a bit too. Though in games with people that aren't I tend to sit back a bit a take it easy unless I see something in the room that proves dangerous to the other players such as Garanz in the mines, or Chaos Sorcerors in the ruins. Basically the saying "With great power comes great responsibiltiy." comes into effect since if you twink your chars then you are responsible for not hogging all the exp. The problem is that many of these twinkers that hog the exp are just kids that either don't understand this or are spoiled and just don't care about anything unless it benefits themselves.

Just my thoughts on the matter. I prefer being social when playing this game online and twinking your character just makes it a bit easier for me to chat with people while doing the runs. Atleast this way if something happens and people get killed I will be able to get in there and use some Moons to get everyone going again.

ABDUR101
Feb 20, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 2003-02-20 18:17, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

Twinking isn't the problem. Twinking a character and then running around killing everything before everyone else gets a chance to do anything, however, is the problem. The topic title was "twinking is for chumps", people will read that and if they twink some of their characters, they will be drawn into the topic and reply, most likely with a disgust for the thread already in their mind.

The problem isn't twinking, it's just players not being considerate of others in an online team playing game. Simple.

The solution, however, is that you let someone know when they are doing it and if they don't care, then you go make another game.

Cloud_01
Feb 20, 2003, 09:31 PM
I twinked both of my lower level characters when I first created them. Personally, I don't find it really that fun starting a whole new character from scratch. It get's boring...

If you already did it once, why beat all modes again from scratch when you can get into ultimate mode in like 10 hours with a twinked up character.

I am only agreeing with twinking characters if you only play with them offline(until V.Hard mode) because I know how it feels to be cheated out of experience. When I used to play the DC version a lot of people did it. Those damn Spread Needles with high %.

And since I am stuck offline only, I am hurting no one by twinking up my characters.

Enough said...

GandorDurin
Feb 20, 2003, 11:11 PM
Well here's a pointless analogy...
People with guns aren't evil/dumb/whatever...People who use them to kill people are the evil/dumb ones.

In other words...It's fine to use powerful things responsibly, just don't go on a killing spree in an open game with a bunch of newer players.

Who came up with the word "twinking" anyway? Blech! I call it "loaning." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh well I can't think of any other relevant information, time to play PSO complaint free!

oxxjuniorxxo
Feb 20, 2003, 11:20 PM
Hmm, My thoughts on this.

If you feel like twinking, then PLEASE DO. I didn't at first agree with it, but see if you are to put 200+ hours into a character and realize that maybe he isn't the best one for you, or you would like to experience the game with a whole new character, then why the hell would you just NOT use the items that you worked so hard to get. See bitching will not get you any where, so why try. If you are in a game with someone that twinked thier character, then how hard is it to just leave and join another one. Last time I checked there were plenty of Normal games still up in nearly every lobby. The only people that really complain about twinking are obviously really new to the game and havnt tried to play as more than one character, and if you do have more than one, then good for you...Just do the rest of us a favor and keep it to yourself.

Thats my 2 cents!

Zack_Morris
Feb 20, 2003, 11:37 PM
I agree with Abdur101. The only reason i twink is cause i'm searching for items that i can't find on my main chars ID and need to get a diff ID to Ult in a hurry.

I'm not a douche, i let everyone get a hit in and i'd never go around killing everything ultra fast.

The topic should be called "Being a dick is for chumps"

CGoodness
Feb 21, 2003, 12:13 AM
The real dick is that gay Kireek in the battle training quest offline! He kills all the enemies so the poor lvl 1 characters who just started don't get any experience!
Really, though, I gave my FOnewm a slotted frame with dragon HP and a level 89 Ushashu MAG but now its at lvl 10 so I guess you guys made me want to get rid of that stuff even though i never will play online probably. Gee, thanks for ruining my fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Loftgroover
Feb 21, 2003, 10:19 AM
I "twink" all the time...but I tend to just do heat sword runs solo until lv40

but all these moaning threads are gettin old.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 21, 2003, 02:48 PM
It's funny when other twinks are on the scene...we're always checking out each other's equipment and damage dealt to enemies.

"omg wat r u usin"

"184 mind mag n 4 gminds"

"lol i got pwand but i r 2 low 2 use it"

pixelate
Feb 21, 2003, 03:05 PM
On 2003-02-21 11:48, Elusive_Llama wrote:
It's funny when other twinks are on the scene...we're always checking out each other's equipment and damage dealt to enemies.

"omg wat r u usin"

"184 mind mag n 4 gminds"

"lol i got pwand but i r 2 low 2 use it"

Hehe. That happened to me last night. A RAcast; stacked with a Robocho, Spread Needle, and one of the Yasminkovs; was running around Hard Forest, while the RAmarl with a Bravace was saying, "u do so muhc more damage than I!"

Anyways, yea, I transfer items, but I usually play HS over and over on my own.

thewiredknight
Feb 21, 2003, 03:22 PM
I find it annoying as well. When I first started I joined a normal game as a level 15 when in comes some FOnewman who keeps Gifoieing everythign in site and it kills everything there leaving no experience for anyone. When asked to stop he just laughed and said no. I've seen level fives with uber weapons who rush in and start killing with it and their power mags. I get even with them though when that one Delsaber rushes over and kills them in one shot, then I refuse to heal them because they've been a jerk for teh rest of the game.

Sasarai
Feb 21, 2003, 03:25 PM
I twink--though when I first did it, it was to empty my bank. I had 999,999 meseta in the bank and I was running around with 600,000 meseta. I was like hrm...I'm going to make a new char and dump the meseta off on him--then my storage filled up and I was like...hrm...I'll drop some items off on him.

Well, worse came to worse and now all 12 (yes, 12) of my characters are loaded with meseta and have at least 30 items in their storage, even if I've never actually played them.

I'm horrible, I know. I'm even raising three mags at the moment (on my main character), to equip on my other three favorite characters.

Hehehe...I can't help it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif

Anavax
Feb 21, 2003, 03:37 PM
I guess the name of this thread really should be 'Inconsiderate jerks with nothing better to do than harrass people because they're ugly losers with no hope of ever having a real friend or even touching a woman other than passing them in the mall and getting an illicit feel, suck'. That's what this problem is all about. Its not about duping, its not about hacking, its not about twinking, its not about jellybeans, its not about shamu the whale, its not about dead babies in a trashcan. Its about the fact that some people feel so hopelessly inneffective in their own real life that they have to ruin everyone's cyber-life. It really is kind of sad that some 13 year old festering pimple collection has a chance of destroying 300+ hours of my hard work. I don't hack, I don't dupe, but I do twink. But if I did hack or dupe, I'd find a way to do it without ruining everyone else's fun. That's what this is all about are the inborn ingrown incestuous group of school kids that (actually, I know one of them. Graveflower. He's no kid, but he falls under all these classifications anyway. He's a punk and should be banned from any online game until he realizes how he should act.) But as long as there are people like that, that only log onto PSO to get their kicks off the misery of people who pay ALOT of F*CKING money to play this game, and F*CK Sega for allowing that to happen. That's why I only play offline. 'Nuff said.

:So legit it hurts:

D-tox
Feb 21, 2003, 03:50 PM
Would you all stop being such babys if you don't like it don't play. life goes on! Gezzz!

Sasarai
Feb 21, 2003, 03:54 PM
On 2003-02-21 12:37, Anavax wrote:
I guess the name of this thread really should be 'Inconsiderate jerks with nothing better to do than harrass people because they're ugly losers with no hope of ever having a real friend or even touching a woman other than passing them in the mall and getting an illicit feel, suck'. That's what this problem is all about. Its not about duping, its not about hacking, its not about twinking, its not about jellybeans, its not about shamu the whale, its not about dead babies in a trashcan. Its about the fact that some people feel so hopelessly inneffective in their own real life that they have to ruin everyone's cyber-life. It really is kind of sad that some 13 year old festering pimple collection has a chance of destroying 300+ hours of my hard work. I don't hack, I don't dupe, but I do twink. But if I did hack or dupe, I'd find a way to do it without ruining everyone else's fun. That's what this is all about are the inborn ingrown incestuous group of school kids that (actually, I know one of them. Graveflower. He's no kid, but he falls under all these classifications anyway. He's a punk and should be banned from any online game until he realizes how he should act.) But as long as there are people like that, that only log onto PSO to get their kicks off the misery of people who pay ALOT of F*CKING money to play this game, and F*CK Sega for allowing that to happen. That's why I only play offline. 'Nuff said.

:So legit it hurts:

I don't think I've ever read a post as emotionally intense as this one. I can feel your anger but chill out bud, it seems like you're going to rage on your dog or something any second now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

You're so legit it hurts me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

TeamPhalanx
Feb 21, 2003, 06:02 PM
I sorta agree and at the same time disagree.

Yes, it is wrong for one person to intentionally hog all the exp. This is the main reason I tend to avoid teams with high level (say, a Hard game with a level 80 +)

As for boosting your own character, I've never made the distinction between player and character, so, if you have a high level character, I don't see what's wrong with helping your lower lv one out. It's still the same player, and it would be rather foolish to just ignore the fact that you have a high level that can help out a low level.

Noco-Esmaj
Feb 21, 2003, 07:11 PM
Ok. First of all I didn't even bother reading the whole post because it just seems so ridiculous. Why the hell would you castrate a person because they want to give their lower characters a better chance. It's like real life. You always want better for your children then what you had.
So what's the big deal?
Get a life.

Kune

Noco-Esmaj
Feb 21, 2003, 07:22 PM
On 2003-02-20 15:29, Maelkith wrote:
when looking for games to play try to avoid normal games where one player is say 19, and the other is around 150. its usually a sign of tanking and twinking in progress.

Why exactly does this mean that it's a good sign of this so called tanking/twinking(lame)?
I did just that the other night. I have a friend that lost 4 characters from FSOD and most where around 50 while one was 4 lvls away from 100.
I'm lvl 102 and I joined his normal game with him at lvl 3. I'm a RAmar and all I did was to help him with shifta and deband since he was a bot.
Does that mean that we did this so called evil act known as twinking? And if you say yes, get over it.
Your being illogical.
Now I know you said that you do this twinking thing which I find no problems with. I just dont understand why this was ever posted.

Makes no sence.

Kune

BTW: It was nice to see my friend lvl from 3 to 10 within the course of 30mins.
Sheesh.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noco-Esmaj on 2003-02-21 16:23 ]</font>

Annoy
Feb 21, 2003, 07:28 PM
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star... o.o Anyway...I'm always "twinking"...I'm bored of playing the lower levels... so I'm trying to get my RAcast up to ULT as quick as possible o.o

Hehe. That happened to me last night. A RAcast; stacked with a Robocho, Spread Needle, and one of the Yasminkovs; was running around Hard Forest, while the RAmarl with a Bravace was saying, "u do so muhc more damage than I!"

Anyways, yea, I transfer items, but I usually play HS over and over on my own.

Heh... yeah...that was me o.o The RAcast anyway.... it was the Yasmiknov Rifle... o.o I didn't really expect anyone to join...I guess I forgot to lock it...other wise I'd have only been using my Visk...but when she joined....we were already near the Dragon...so I may as well...then when we did HS...I found out my brother borrowed my Final Impact...so yeah o.o Oh and uh...if anyone starts to say anything about the Spread and the Rifle...they ARE legit...so uh...yeah o.O Okay why I had to add that I'm not too sure... but I've been told to "Stop using ur duped Spread"...oddly enough...the person was using a BKB...ironic... o.o Think that's the word I want http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So sleepy
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleep.gif

Edit: Oh yeah...it was V-Hard too o.o So It's not like I was killing everything absurdly fast...and I tried to just paralyze and weaken so the other two could get a lot of the exp too...it's more...hmm...peaceful that way...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Annoy on 2003-02-21 16:30 ]</font>

Raneth
Feb 21, 2003, 07:37 PM
There's nothing wrong with twinking, for the whole "super powered character taking all the EXP" can happen with high leveled characters as well. I don't play online, I don't have the money, but when I play a multiplayer game with one of my friends, he does the same exact thing-I'm level 61, he's 100+, and he ends up killing everything whereas I only get a couple hits. If you have to play with someone using a high level character, get to boss fights as quickly as possible, and get them to reverser/moon atomize you as soon as you die so you get some EXP when the boss dies.

august
Feb 21, 2003, 07:50 PM
Your being illogical.
Now I know you said that you do this twinking thing which I find no problems with. I just dont understand why this was ever posted.

Makes no sence.

Kune
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noco-Esmaj on 2003-02-21 16:23 ]</font>

obviously you DON'T understand.

please, people. read a post, consider it, use your reading comprehension to *comprehend* it... and minimize the amount of posts on this board that are totally irrelevant to the subject, or that simply are arguing with points that people never made to begin with.

that said.... I never said NEVER EVER TWINK YOUR CHARACTER NO NO NO. I said, don't join noob's peaceful little games with your spread needles and then steal all their exp.

this has nothing to do with, a) helping a friend level, or b) leveling up offline.

ok?

consentually, planned out, everyones twinkin, i dont care. it's just lame when people steal everyones exp, and sometimes it takes the challenge out.

soooooo. in the mean time, with my lower lev games, i'll be calling them NO TWINKS, and sadly, i am not losing sleep over this pressing issue... i didn't bring it up because i went offline crying because someone stole my Booma. it's because it was bothering me, and forums are made for DISCUSSING things.....

so, please. to make an example, telling me that i'm illogical for telling you its wrong to help you level your friend who FSODx'd, when i said NOTHING about that, is a poor argument in a thread. so why include it?

tinykutz
Feb 21, 2003, 08:53 PM
stop the madness!!!

just be considerate of others.

thats it. twink, no twink, just be a team player.

Abaddon
Feb 22, 2003, 05:25 AM
This sort of thing is apparent in ANY online multiplayer RPG.

I used to play a game called 'The Forthcoming' which is quite popular in france. IT IS SO DAMN HARD to make a living on your own, and having higher level equipment to see you through the exp gaining really helped. And when i got to a higher level, i would help out newer players.
I no longer play T4C, but that's the kind of style of play that I follow: If you get given an edge, help others who don't have the fortune of having the edge that you did. Or something ^_^

CorneliusPower
Feb 22, 2003, 09:10 AM
Twinking, laff. New term for me. Well there's absolutley nothing wrong with raising a lvl 200 mag for your lvl 1 character. Well, just say to yourself, because you shouldnt care what other ppl think anyway, I raised this mag why shouldnt I use it, and 100+ or less mats you put into that character, in which you found with your higher lvl character. I mean seriously, what is wrong with giving your lvl 1 mats and a lvl 200 mag, think about it in terms of The Boy Scouts, always be prepared. And CELES did have a point, if your so strong to the point of clearing a room with a SPREAD or WHATEVER....well it will definetly catch up to you in VH or Ultimate. Peace ppl. And whatever this twinking or .........theres nothing wrong with it. People do have a choice on who they wish to play with. Another WHINER POST. Next.

Fanatic72802
Feb 22, 2003, 01:17 PM
I have only recently discovered twinking. I gave my HUnewearl my lv79 Kama mag (40-50 Power) and a brand. But even so, I make sure I hit the enemies only once if nobody else is twinking.
I approve of twinking with minor stuff such as mentioned above, but I DO NOT want a lv5 Force with a 200 mind mag and 4 God/Minds and lv 25 techs joining my game.

...Which is basically what almost everyone else just said, but I'd like to stress that point a little more. :P

*throws his two cents at Sonic Team and at ubertwinkers everywhere*

pixelate
Feb 22, 2003, 11:54 PM
Oh, and the word "twink" comes from gay pornography. I wonder how many people will change their mind about being a twink now that they know that...

Anavax
Feb 24, 2003, 07:16 PM
On 2003-02-22 10:17, Fanatic72802 wrote:
I have only recently discovered twinking. I gave my HUnewearl my lv79 Kama mag (40-50 Power) and a brand. But even so, I make sure I hit the enemies only once if nobody else is twinking.
I approve of twinking with minor stuff such as mentioned above, but I DO NOT want a lv5 Force with a 200 mind mag and 4 God/Minds and lv 25 techs joining my game.

...Which is basically what almost everyone else just said, but I'd like to stress that point a little more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*throws his two cents at Sonic Team and at ubertwinkers everywhere*

I wouldn't mind a force like that joining my game as long as the player behind them was cool. If they just spelled me and others up, and spelled the critters down, it'd be all cool.

BonusKun
Feb 24, 2003, 09:37 PM
All this thread is doing is confirming what most everyone worth a lick already knew.

Teh n(o)(o)biez are all over this game it is up to you if you want to deal with em. I mean everyone and their mom loves the streotype HUmar with the 1337 Double Cannon and the Angelz Wingzzz maggggzz.

get over it and just learn to realize that nobody with give a diiizaam in the long run.

find people who enjoy the game with ya and forget teh n(o)(o)biez...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-02-24 18:38 ]</font>

DB
Feb 25, 2003, 01:58 AM
I have to agree with ABDUR.... Sure, the tweeking ticks me off. People at level 37, with Double Cannons and such, wandering around Hard mode. And killing everything, sometimes before you even get to see it. Sure... But, it's not just the equipment their using. It's the person behind the equipment. If I have a gun, and I go aroun shooting people, it sure as hell isn't the guns fault, is it? "NO"

If you're using twinked items, at least be considerate, or stay the hell offline, and quit ruining other peoples experiences of the game. Simple as that.

CorneliusPower
Feb 25, 2003, 07:12 AM
On 2003-02-24 22:58, DB wrote:

If you're using twinked items, at least be considerate, or stay the hell offline, and quit ruining other peoples experiences of the game. Simple as that.

<<clears throat>> It isnt so much as, shudders to use the word, Twink items...Its hogging EXPERIENCE with a high lvl weapon....be it monkey king bar or lavis cannon on a low level some one probalby worked hard at raising a lvl 200 mag for that character and running through lvling with a higher lvl character and finding mats for. But this POST is clearly about hogging experience, so lets keep it that way. Leave items out of it, for we all know double cannon and BKB are most likely dupes. The obvious is yet so obvious.

Buuyon
Feb 25, 2003, 12:38 PM
Let the people who earned the items "twink" there chars...after all who earned them...i was "twinking" my char with the stuff i had left when i got corrupted and got to lvl 30 in about 5-8 hours wich is much better then befor...when i first started out i got to 30 in about 50-70 hours and using those weak wepons doesnt make the game fun...im used to killing not being killed. So really what those "twinkers" are doing is surviving...

KyuutoHikari
Feb 25, 2003, 05:05 PM
Is it serious twinking to give a new FOnewearl a mag with a lot of power and dex on it and a medium handgun to get her through Normal forest up to ruins? Obviously, the handgun is nearly useless in the ruins, but I was tired of my poor little Ichigo dying all the time.

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 25, 2003, 10:02 PM
Hmm not really. But it would have been easier for your FO to just give her a mind mag and some Ra lvl techs. But that's just me.

Buuyon
Feb 26, 2003, 10:01 AM
Let the people "twink" thier chars...after all they did earn the items...

Bloodberry
Feb 26, 2003, 10:16 AM
Ehhh? (http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=483)