PDA

View Full Version : Can be closed now :D

Volcompat321
Jul 24, 2009, 11:35 AM
I reinstalled my pc, cause I had Vista 32-bit, and wanted 64-bit.
So far everything has been working great, compared.
Anyway, I had trouble setting up Remote Joy because I couldn't open the drivers.
I made a short video to show exactly what the problem is, maybe someone could help and tell me what to do. Thanks in advance, here's the video-

Smidge204
Jul 24, 2009, 12:11 PM
...is that how you installed the 32-bit drivers before?

Normally you don't open driver files. Either there is a setup program ("setup.exe" or "install.exe") or you add the device through the control panel / device manager and select that file when prompted for the drivers. (eg "Have Disk" during the add hardware wizard)
=Smidge=

Volcompat321
Jul 24, 2009, 12:14 PM
Yea, that's how I did it before.
It's for the remote joy for PSP.
If you have time, you could look up youtube videos of people explaining how to do it. It worked like that before, although there was one where you had to enter CMD stuff, but it's not this specific one.

Volcompat321
Jul 24, 2009, 12:54 PM
Yea, it's not working like that :(
Remote Joy doesn't seem to like 64-bit Vista.
I see on you tube that there are ways to make it work, I've tried em, and nothing...
EDIT: I found this Tutorial (http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13631) but it means nothing to me. I have no idea what they are trying to tell me to do.

Smidge204
Jul 24, 2009, 01:24 PM
Actually, it's perfectly acceptable to right click on a .inf file (Information file), and select "Install"

Maybe if you're still using Windows 9x you can expect that to work properly...

That tutorial seems pretty straightforward. All of the bold stuff ("bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON " etc) would be entered into a command prompt. Basically it's making a temporary certificate for your driver so Vista will trust it.

=Smidge=

Volcompat321
Jul 24, 2009, 01:30 PM
I think I got it. I temporarily got it on my screen, and I didn't install the drivers :o?
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/RMJ.png

Volcompat321
Jul 24, 2009, 01:38 PM
Maybe if you're still using Windows 9x you can expect that to work properly...
That tutorial seems pretty straightforward. All of the bold stuff ("bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON " etc) would be entered into a command prompt. Basically it's making a temporary certificate for your driver so Vista will trust it.
=Smidge=
I know almost nothing about computers, let alone command prompts.

hax

The reason Remote Joy doesn't have the little window thing is because you can hit F4 or something and it goes away.
But, it seems I have to restart windows and hit the F8 key, then disable blah blah stuff.
I hope I can make it work w/o doing this everytime.
Although, I never shut my pc off, so as long as I don't it should work all the time, right?

Thanks for trying to help :D
This can be closed now :D:D:D