PDA

View Full Version : Are You Afraid of the Terrorist Threats?

ReICaShar
Feb 20, 2003, 05:33 PM
I personally think its nothing to worry about too much. The media is taking it to far. I mean think about it, would duct tape and plastic sheets really protect you from nuclear molecules or something of that sort?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ReICaShar on 2003-02-20 17:17 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Feb 20, 2003, 06:08 PM
I'm sitting in a country that holds a vast stockpile of the most deadly diseases, viruses, weapons and technology in the world..terrorists are the least of my worries.

"Well..we actually just don't know where the vials for that really, really, really...really dangerous strain of virus went..but we know it isn't here."

=

And I'm just getting over a flu, so..no..nothing outside my window worries me..except the cold air leaking in through the bad insulation. ,_,

*edit*
Forgot to cross a t and dot an i =X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-02-20 15:09 ]</font>

G-Assassin
Feb 20, 2003, 06:10 PM
If you want my opinion, Dubya's the biggest terrorist of all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Think about it... he strikes fear into Americans with thoughts of war, rising deficits and a slumping economy everyday. That orange alert we just had was just a sample of the fear Bush can produce.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G-Assassin on 2003-02-20 15:13 ]</font>

Ghaleon
Feb 20, 2003, 06:20 PM
That orange alert we just had was just a sample of the fear Bush can produce.

....there was an orange alert? ok anyways no terrorism isnt very scary to me.

Guntz348
Feb 20, 2003, 06:27 PM
The terror alert crap is rediculous. Everytime a muslim holiday ended the media said there was gonna be an attack. Was there? Nope, and there won't be either not for a long time at least.

As far as the idiots buying up duct tape and plastic sheeting, just for a minute thing about what your doing. It's to block out biological attacks so they cant get you, you say? Well if you seal a room with plastic and duct tape so no air born contaminates can get in, HOW THE HELL IS AIR GONNA GET IN!?!?! You just gonna suffocate and then I'll laugh at you and give you a darwin award. If there's a nuke, all the plastic in the world can't block out one rad of radiation, although that'll never really happen at least not anytime in the very near future but still it boils down to the for me. If it's your time to go, it's your time go. When the man upstairs says, "Hey put the controller down, its the big 'game over' kid" what the hell are any of us gonna say to that?

Bloodberry
Feb 20, 2003, 06:27 PM
If a terrorist ever sees fit to seal and stamp an envelope of anthrax to me personally, I'll be a little too flattered to be scared. O_o

edit : double negatives aren't right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloodberry on 2003-02-20 15:27 ]</font>

Gartywood
Feb 20, 2003, 06:28 PM
Bin Laden is dead. They can't confirm whether the voice on the audio tapes is his. If he were alive we would have seen him on video holding a current newspaper or something else that placed him living in the present. However, even without bin laden the organization he created will most likely survive and we need to be wary of terrorists. Quite frankly there is probably little that you or i could do to prevent an attack and there is almost as slim of a chance of one of us being a victim. SO i really dont worry about being a victim but i do worry of another attack.

amoralist
Feb 20, 2003, 06:32 PM
War is a means to support the economy.
War is a means to eliminate a threat by destroying supplies.
War is a means to eliminate excess supplies by using them in the war and or distributing them in third world countries.
War, is a means to kill humanity.
War, is a means to get closer to inevitability.

We're so highly evolved if we think for the economy first.
It's as laughable as the idiot looking for not only oil, but looking out for his upper classmen.

pixelate
Feb 20, 2003, 07:38 PM
I don't take public transportation, so not really.

Vantamiath
Feb 20, 2003, 08:33 PM
You know not what you speak.

For all we really know, we're gonna get bombed tomarrow morning.

And Osama isnt the only threat; about everyone in the east wants to nuke us, and I would be more afraid of that Korean leader...Jung Chin Pow Pow Chung.

ABDUR101
Feb 20, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-02-20 17:33, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

People will die tommorow, just like they do every day. Does it matter how they died?

And Osama isnt the only threat; about everyone in the east wants to nuke us, and I would be more afraid of that Korean leader...Jung Chin Pow Pow Chung.

Yes, everyone in the middle east wants to nuke you. It's so much easier to think that, isn't it?

But let me make a simple statement, that not liking the US and wanting to nuke the US are, infact, different things.

Phobos-X
Feb 20, 2003, 09:14 PM
Dubya's the biggest terrorist of all

you didnt know??? Bush IS bin laden!

anyway i think all these terror "alerts" are just false alarms, that way if something DOES happen they can say they at least warned us. that and it also gives bush some "credible" evidence to declare war on bin laden and/or saddam

Atax
Feb 20, 2003, 09:25 PM
Persoanlly I couldn't give a stuff about the terrorist threats/attacks. If terrorists decide to come to my home town tomorow, and blow everything to hell and back.... Well... **** happens.

AidaKensuke
Feb 20, 2003, 09:54 PM
I personally don't fear the attacks at all. What I have to fear is a letter that states:

"Private First Class Joshua M. (If you think you're getting my last name, think again.),
We are honored to inform you we are dragging your sorry ass into active military duty starting tomorrow. You'll be subject to landmines, constant fire, and of course the average towelhead with enough C-4 strapped to his chest to knock out three city blocks. Soldier..carry on.
-The United States Army."

Sure I'll probably die an all, but you'll all thank me in the long run. XD

..On a serious note, I'm proud fighting for you guys (unisex term 'guys'..Damn political corecctness.) <_<;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AidaKensuke on 2003-02-20 18:55 ]</font>

ReICaShar
Feb 20, 2003, 10:20 PM
On 2003-02-20 18:54, AidaKensuke wrote:

..On a serious note, I'm proud fighting for you guys (unisex term 'guys'..Damn political corecctness.) <_<;;

Hey big props to you Aida, I don't know many who still have the will to fight. I mean, you wont see me on the frontlines anytime soon.

Bloodberry
Feb 20, 2003, 11:01 PM
On 2003-02-20 18:54, AidaKensuke wrote:
I personally don't fear the attacks at all. What I have to fear is a letter that states:

"Private First Class Joshua M. (If you think you're getting my last name, think again.),
We are honored to inform you we are dragging your sorry ass into active military duty starting tomorrow. You'll be subject to landmines, constant fire, and of course the average towelhead with enough C-4 strapped to his chest to knock out three city blocks. Soldier..carry on.
-The United States Army."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AidaKensuke on 2003-02-20 18:55 ]</font>

With any luck mass protesting all over the world will pierce some thick heads and you'll be alright http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Unless they decide they need more people in afghanistan.

ShieldDragon
Feb 20, 2003, 11:06 PM
On 2003-02-20 18:11, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2003-02-20 17:33, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

People will die tommorow, just like they do every day. Does it matter how they died?

How they died? It'll matter to survivors. If a bomb dropped on New York tomorrow, I would be pissed simply because that's something that probably could've been avoided. There's no need for all that massive death.

Anyhoo, I guess I'm not so afraid of terrorism right now. When you got stuff like PSO to play, you tend to zone out the real world.

ABDUR101
Feb 20, 2003, 11:23 PM
On 2003-02-20 20:06, ShieldDragon wrote:
How they died? It'll matter to survivors. If a bomb dropped on New York tomorrow, I would be pissed simply because that's something that probably could've been avoided. There's no need for all that massive death.

My point is that it doesn't matter how they died, the very fact that they died is what matters.

Death is death, whether it's massive or not, it's still a loss, expecially if it was the end process of an act of malice.

Thats the point I was trying to make.

ShieldDragon
Feb 20, 2003, 11:28 PM
Death is death, whether it's massive or not, it's still a loss, expecially if it was the end process of an act of malice.

Thats the point I was trying to make.

Ah. *nods* Agreed.

BlackRose
Feb 21, 2003, 09:26 AM
That'd be like getting all excited about winning the lottery... for me, the probability is about the same...

Even if I was in danger falling under a terrorist attack, i don't think fear would accomplish much... being alert and aware would.

Hunter4life
Feb 21, 2003, 04:52 PM
Yeah, im not scared and i personally think no one else should be scared either as long as they don't live near the #1 Terrorist Target: Washington D.C. If they are going to destroy someting, you know they're going to try for D.C. (then again, that city probably has the most high-tech defenses in the country so i guess we shouldn't be afraid period).
*knocks on wood* eh, probably not going to help anyway

Rotis
Feb 21, 2003, 06:45 PM
On 2003-02-21 13:52, Hunter4life wrote:
Yeah, im not scared and i personally think no one else should be scared either as long as they don't live near the #1 Terrorist Target: Washington D.C.

I live roughly half an hour from DC, and one of my sisters lives in the city itself. (Another one of my sisters also used to live in the city, but she recently moved back out to the suburbs. Her fiance used to work at the Pentagon; he there when the plane hit on 9/11. He just happened to be on the other side of the building.)

My school is less than a mile from the CIA headquarters.

I guess it's in my best interests to be scared, although I don't know how it's helping anything.

Gestiv
Feb 21, 2003, 07:49 PM
The only reason Bush is making with all the hubub is because he wants to win the next election. Luckily, if the economy stays down (That's not the luckily part), Bush won't be re-elected (praise the Lord)! You'd think that if we were in such danger that Bush would be underground somewhere right now. Oh well. If I die, at least, well... um... Oh crap! I'm too young to die! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Recon
Feb 21, 2003, 08:55 PM
Terrorist Shuk.

Now if a bearded Mexican Guy Comes To America and Walks Up to a Marine And Says Hi The Marine would Say, Who Are you and What You Do Here. The Mexican Says, Me Here to Join The Marines. The Marine would Say, Oh, You Here to Help, Not To Blow Things Up.

NEVER WORK FOR MICROSOFT!!!

Bill Gates-----> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif <-----Me

Zio
Feb 21, 2003, 10:21 PM
On 2003-02-21 17:55, Recon wrote:
Terrorist Shuk.

Now if a bearded Mexican Guy Comes To America and Walks Up to a Marine And Says Hi The Marine would Say, Who Are you and What You Do Here. The Mexican Says, Me Here to Join The Marines. The Marine would Say, Oh, You Here to Help, Not To Blow Things Up.

NEVER WORK FOR MICROSOFT!!!

Bill Gates-----> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif <-----Me

Wow that made no sense...

Anyway, yeah Anti-American sentiment can't be stopped but I'm not really worried. I would actually join the military come my next birthday(I'll be 18), but because my parents never want me to join and that I'm very interested in college, I wont be.

I don't want War, but disarming certain countries Is a very good idea. Yes, Iraq doesn't pose a threat right now, but if they do aquire certain biological or nuclear weapons, they may sell these weapons to other countries or terrorists. North Korea also poses another threat, but they are a different problem because they may already have nuclear weapons, which is why we can't go running in there with troops to disarm them. Atleast Bush isnt a wuss and I dont think we're going into Iraq for oil because we would of taken the oil in 1991. Plus no country wants us occupying any part of their land, which would make it impossible for us to obtain any oil fields.