PDA

View Full Version : Telepipe trick on slime????

polishedweasel
Feb 20, 2003, 06:11 PM
I know about the telepipe trick and how it works on rappies and such, but if you split up a slime 4 times are there four new slimes when you pipe back down? Like is there a chance that a red slime will be there? I was just wondering because I saw something on it. I'm just a bit embarrassed by asking this question because I have like 700+ hours. So you know, what's up with the slime?

benja
Feb 20, 2003, 07:08 PM
There will not be 4 slimes when you come back down. There will be one. An option that I have tried unsuccessfully is to make the 1 slime split into 4, then kill 3. Pipe to town and back. The slime will then again be able to split into four slimes. Kill 3, repeat until eyes bleed. I have tried this for a couple hours without success, so dunno if it will spawns new splits each time or how that part works. The alternative, just piping with one in the room, does work for certain, but there is no experience gained the whole time. So if anyone is successful with splitting and piping, would be good to hear...

-EDIT: ah yes, the killing part, should have left that out, as that only adds to the time, but once you start going crazy from not seeing the red bugger, it does feel good to keep killing them over and over again ^___-
Also good to hear it works this way, have seen 4 just piping with one, so keeping at it with this method should decrease the time it takes to find them. Thanks all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: benja on 2003-02-21 09:56 ]</font>

Raist
Feb 20, 2003, 07:12 PM
You don't have to kill them when you go down. Just make it turn into four, pipe up, pipe down its back to one, repeat. The slimes will reset so there is a chance that one will be a pouilly slime. The best place to do this is in the addicting food quest when you get 2 slimes, so you can make 8.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-02-20 16:15 ]</font>

Nintense
Feb 20, 2003, 07:32 PM
I have gotten a red slime by piping and splitting the slimes, but I haven't killed any before piping. I just split them all, pipe up and back down, and split again.

Xaveria
Feb 20, 2003, 08:37 PM
dontt think this works m8 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 09:09 PM
It works. I personally tested the theory a couple months ago and proved it worked. It's quite simple.

1. Find a room with Slimes
There's a room with two halfway through Cave 2 in the quest Addicting Food.

2. Split the slimes
This is easily done with Rabarta. If you're using a droid just have an unidentified weapon and attack using special, special, normal or heavy. The first two specials will miss and the third attack will split the slime.

3. Telepipe
Returning to Pioneer 2 will cause the slimes to reset. The splits will vanish, returning them to just the original default Slimes.

4. Return to Ragol and repeat
Keep going until you find a Pouilly Slime or run out of patience.

I've used this trick to get a Demolition Comet (Skyly), a Red Scorpio (Purplenum), and others.

Celes152
Feb 20, 2003, 09:12 PM
I remember accidently doing this..had to pipe up for fluids, came back down (I always split the slimes just for fun), turned around and got a TP/Revivial off of a Red Slime.

Sold it to a RAmar for 5 Pdrops...heh