PDA

View Full Version : New content floating around?

Imatron_
Jul 25, 2009, 06:11 PM
I was making my runs on PSU (360) and someone told me his friend had hooked up his PSP with a few cables to his router (Didnt make much sense to me how he put it so Im wondering if he actually modded the psp) and had somehow updated the PSP version with newer content and missions. I know Japan received some Downloadable content which the american version did not get becasue they built the weapons the japan downloadable mission gave you into the american version.

...Unless the missions are actually server side missions you can play?

As a side question, how safe is it to play online, Ive been worried about hackers on the PSP version ruining my work, we can make copies of our character data on other memory cards cant we?

Volcompat321
Jul 26, 2009, 04:10 AM
1.) He lied to you. BUT, you can find SOME weps from the JP DLC on the American/Europe version. (Caduceus(spelling))(Motav Prophecy) and few others.
2.) You CANNOT get hacked playing online. It's impossible, this isn't PSU.
Also, you CAN save your data on another memory stick, or back it up on your pc.
I do every so often anyway, cause you never know when you will get a corrupt memory stick. (happened to me back when MH Freedom 1 came out).

Imatron_
Aug 24, 2009, 04:23 PM
O_o holy moo, I lost this topic and just now found it. Thanks for your answers. Is it possible I misunderstood the guy and new missions are available server side?

panzer_unit
Aug 24, 2009, 04:36 PM
New missions and titles/rewards are available if you're looking at the Multiplayer Mode mission lists for the first time ever. That might be what your friend is seeing. But you can go into Multiplayer and host a party just with yourself as the only player and do all the same stuff.

Imatron_
Aug 24, 2009, 04:50 PM
oooh waiiit >_<

I was under the impression I had an infrastructure mode. I was trying to connect to someones party via my wifi router, and reading about the meet-ups people were organizing here made me think there was an online infrastructure mode.

Im in the USA where the ps3 does not yet have the patch to let us connect our PSP to the ps3's wifi, and ps3 to the web via ethernet to act like a psp internet link cable.

panzer_unit
Aug 25, 2009, 08:33 AM
You can download that software by creating a japanese-region PSN account.

ProTip: it's all in Japanese still so good luck with that