PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Angel Harp?

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 27, 2009, 12:02 AM
So after about 28 Pal Rappies I found an Angel Harp, but now I'm confused because it seems to be a pretty useless weapon. Considering it took me more pals to find it than it took me Mil Lillies to find the real Agito, I expected it to be about as good because, oh I don't know, the real Agito is my most powerful weapon. From what I can tell, the only thing that sets it apart from an average rifle like a Justy is that the female forces can use it, but I don't see how that's worth how rare it is. I mean, my ranger uses Yasminkov 3000R which is not even a comparison.

Is a rifle that forces can use valuable enough that it is reasonable for it to be that rare? Or does Angel Harp have some other attribute? I don't use forces in that way, so I don't know.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 27, 2009, 12:36 AM
Just because it's rare doesn't mean it has to be good :P

MeruAmura
Jul 27, 2009, 12:40 AM
Look at the Musical weapons from Challange mode. they blow.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 27, 2009, 02:15 AM
I think the Angel Harp stronger than the Justy.

It's also meant for ranging characters, not including class. So if you have good ATA, here, have a rifle on us.

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 27, 2009, 06:43 AM
Just because it's rare doesn't mean it has to be good :P

True... but I feel it's like a supply and demand type thing, the time it takes to get it is like the price, so as supply goes down (rarity increases) and demand goes up (how good it is, so people want it) then the price increases. If demand is low though, then it isn't worth paying a high price for, meaning it isn't worth all the time it takes to search for it.

I think the Angel Harp stronger than the Justy.

It's also meant for ranging characters, not including class. So if you have good ATA, here, have a rifle on us.The Justy fully ground has almost as much power, but is common enough that I can find 5 in one run through mine. It's the reason I use Demolition Comet instead of going off to find Lavis Cannon and two Syncestas, the slight improvement the Double cannon makes over D.Comet is not worth the exponentially more difficult path to get it. I mean, considering only fomarls and fonewearls can use it, at the expense of racasts and ramars, I wouldn't say it's just a rifle for any character anyway.

TrueChaos
Jul 27, 2009, 02:38 PM
i was really disappointed with it, too. the effect of the feathers was nice but other then than that it isn't worth much

Splash
Jul 27, 2009, 03:02 PM
True... but I feel it's like a supply and demand type thing, the time it takes to get it is like the price, so as supply goes down (rarity increases) and demand goes up (how good it is, so people want it) then the price increases. If demand is low though, then it isn't worth paying a high price for, meaning it isn't worth all the time it takes to search for it.
Currently for BB, Angel Harp is worth 2-4 PDs. On GC, it would be worth a lot more.

Anyways, as for the Angel Harp itself, RAmarl has no use for it since there are other rifles which are better. RAcaseal has Chaos series special bonus, therefore, the Havoc special of the Angel Harp would have a use for it. FOmarl and FOnewearl has another rifle for long range attacks.

Angel Harp is mostly for the two female Forces, allowing decision from the three rifles they are allowed to equip. What differs Angel Harp from Bringer's Rifle is that Angel Harp can have hit, therefore can hit more accurately. And what differs Angel Harp from Holy Ray is that it has Havoc special as oppose to Seize special from the Holy Ray (or was it Arrest?) and requires ATA to equip as oppose to MST. Therefore, Angel Harp would be a little harder to equip first.