PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Bullet PA's

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 28, 2009, 09:01 AM
Hiya all,

I recently got quite bored with my melee char's (Tifa & Eden) and have been concentrating on levelling my ranger Deunan Knute, i'm aiming for Gunmaster and was wondering what useful PA's people would suggest for this class type? I have Myalee Prism for knocking over large opponents which although 99 PAF's I found it to be quite helpful.

What other PA's for Rifle, Shotgun, T. Handgun or Laser Cannon would people suggest as being extremely helpful during runs? I was thinking of the T. Handgun PA T. Penetration but most bullet PA's seem to be without element and I ponder if they'd be of much help (especially in S or S2 runs) where i'd find a high damage per hit to be extremly helpful.

Thanks for looking ^_^

Tifa

ashley50
Jul 28, 2009, 09:10 AM
Ice, Fire, Virus and Shock

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 28, 2009, 09:12 AM
Surely they're traps and not bullet PA's?

:S

Tifa

ashley50
Jul 28, 2009, 09:16 AM
Ice = Freezes enemies
Fire = Burns Enemies
Virus = If enemy can't be burned, Infect it
Shock = To Prevent any Physical Attack locked
Ground = To silence spell casting for a few seconds (Doesn not apply to all enemies)
Light = Confueses enemy and makes Techs from Casters render useless

Rifles for Knockdown = pick your choice of element
Shothuns for huge damage at point blank and large groups = Pick your choice of element
Twin handguns = your choice of element
Laser = your choice of element

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 28, 2009, 09:29 AM
:S No no lol I mean PA's where you use PA Frags for the PA itself, not the basic element one's but the special none elemental bullets. I said that in the comment :S And was asking if because these aren't elemental if they're worth getting, asides from the knock down shot for laser cannon

Tifa

ashley50
Jul 28, 2009, 09:42 AM
oh...PA frag Bullet skills. Well Killer Shot...The rest I don't know as I dont find them useful at all. Others might have different opinions about what you can get.

MadDogg
Jul 28, 2009, 09:43 AM
:S No no lol I mean PA's where you use PA Frags for the PA itself, not the basic element one's but the special none elemental bullets. I said that in the comment :S And was asking if because these aren't elemental if they're worth getting, asides from the knock down shot for laser cannon

Tifa

Most ranger fragment PAs stink. The only 3 I ever use are Killer shot for robots, a while back used to use mayalee fury for stunlocking stuff but rifles above 31 kinda made that obsolete, and that 1 grenade PA that takes away your hp for damage.

Basically just get killer shot. All the others suck pretty much. The sleep status affect might be useful later, I heard sega was going to make it where you get a auto critical if you hit a sleeping enemy, so the sleep rifle PA might be kinda hot later, I dunno.

The_Brimada
Jul 28, 2009, 09:59 AM
Killer shot is the only useful pa for GM, IMO. Possibly mayalee prism. GM can use all the bullets available to them so might as well get em all lol.

Calsetes
Jul 28, 2009, 10:07 AM
Alright, just glancing at this topic before I get to work, here's my two cents on what works well on the the newer of the two protectors missions:

Rifles - Burn shot works well on the Jarbas, Venases, and Magashis in block C-C. Another option would be to bring some Burn G traps along, as GM can use them and they have a 100% guaranteed burn rate (though they don't last long). Light would come in handy, as if I remember right a confused Deljaban's megid can't kill you, or even hurt you. Freeze stops guys at times, so you might want someone to stick with that if you have 2 GMs.

Edit: Like others said, Killer Shot comes in handy also, but I'm not a big fan, as I don't usually use chargers while playing - I level my KS in-between element swapping on weapons (i.e. when burn shot is 31, killer shot will be used on my rifles until they die, then I use my burn bullet on shotguns).

Shotguns - Light will give you lots of damage on the dark enemies, but I found while not actively leveling shotgun bullets (which was what I was mainly doing stuck on my GM alt), the Barada Mega bullet, or whatever it is where it reduces accuracy and evasion, works really well on some of the bigger guys, such as Carriguines, Venases, Magashi... pretty much any large enemy that might give any problems at all.

Lasers - I'd suggest sticking to proper elemental weaknesses with these things, as a rifle bullet can trump the effects on laser bullets. These would be good in some of the spots where enemies just beg to be pierced, such as the trap bridge in B-B (some Koltovas come out and a laser hits them all). I'm not sure if any ultimate bullets for these would be good or not, since the only ones I have are both shotgun ones and Killer Shot on my GM.

Twin Handguns - My GM doesn't use these, mainly because from day 1 I said, "She's going to be the pure ranger class, and use lasers, shotguns, and rifles." GM coming along and having these three weapons was just icing on the cake. She may take these eventually, once he Fighgunner character maxes her twin bullets and I get a Guld & Milla, but as for general purpose use, no first-hand experience. Twin Penetration sounds like it might work out well in some spots, along with the... is it a Defense Down bullet? Again, stick to the big guys for that one, and Magashi.

NDW
Jul 28, 2009, 10:17 AM
The sleep status affect might be useful later, I heard sega was going to make it where you get a auto critical if you hit a sleeping enemy, so the sleep rifle PA might be kinda hot later, I dunno.

Well, you have to buy the perk for that:

Style name: Sleep Crusher
Req. AP: 3
Max LV: 1
Description: Sleeping enemies will take an additional 50% damage from attacks.

Source: http://psupedia.info/GAS

@OP: Personally, I think the only useful ultimate PAs are Killer Shot for robots and Twin Mayalee to debuff an enemy's defense that has a lot of HP.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 28, 2009, 11:18 AM
Awesome guys, thanks for all the info. its just because of this event i've got nearly a stack of PA frags and as I haven't yet made any kinda force character I thought i'd blow them on some gun PA's I think i'll go for Killer Shot but i'm a big Twin Handgun fan and so maybe with 10/10 battlestoppper twin penetration at level 50 would surely tear through most enemies with ease, hmm we'll have to see. I'm not overly bothered if I blow the frags on something which doesn't turn out to be the most amazing PA ever but thanks for all the info guys ^_^

Tifa

RemiusTA
Jul 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
Twin Penetration...

.....hahahaha

NDW
Jul 28, 2009, 12:08 PM
Twin Penetration...

.....hahahaha

Seconded, lol.

darkante
Jul 28, 2009, 01:29 PM
Twin Penetration? Why bother, itīs junk. Leave that job to the Laser Cannon.

Every Ult P.A blows except Killer shot in a very few cases.

PhdChristmas
Jul 28, 2009, 01:30 PM
idealy you want all elements for all gun types 41+. Once you do get that done you will be melting faces left to right, two shotting small mobs with a shotgun, making large sub-boss types usless with your 31+ rifle shots with knock down capability, ripping appart linear waves of mobs with the laser cannon(which is golden for missions like LB, WB, SExpress). Twin handguns are a medium of absolute avoidance, but very dimished damage output compared to laser and shotgun.

Mayalee prisim is nice on paper, but using it in a group is likely to disapoint other players, and its damage capacity is extremely null compared to using proper elements at 41+. Atempting to use Mayalee prisim in a soloing envirement is ineffective, as the shots cost a ton of pp and the damage again is not going to do the dishes, unless youre expecting your npc's.

Calsetes
Jul 28, 2009, 01:57 PM
The only reason I can see Twin Penetration being "needed" would be areas where Deljabans gather in a small horde and can throw megid rather quickly - twin penetrate leaves you able to move around and still pierce crowds with ease. You wouldn't have the power of a light laser, but that'd be a drawback to the maneuverability you have with the handguns.

But that's my thoughts on it in theory only - as I said earlier, my GM doesn't use twin handguns at all, as I try to have as little overlap in my characters' specialization weapons as much as possible, and my Fighgunner uses twins. If you guys say it's useless, I'm sure you have more first-hand knowledge of it than me.

biggabertha
Jul 28, 2009, 03:54 PM
Rifle:

:neutral: Killer SHot - kind of meh... for the time being, most enemies with low(ish) STA probably die faster from elemental Rifle, SHotgun or even Laser Cannon fire fast and reliably enough that you don't really need it. Maybe when we get Desert Goliath S3 though... it might become more useful but for the time being, 57PP per shot for it is rather troublesome. 20 shots from a weapon that has roughly 1140PP in it...

:neutral: Mayalee Shot - Most accurate Rifle bullet going and it's got roughly the same attack modifier as the elemental Rifle shots but no knockdown. For the time being, it's not great but it's probably okay for bosses like De Ragnus. Sleep Crush might help it out in the future though.

Shotgun:

:neutral: Barada Maga - Most accurate Shotgun PA. ATA/EVP Lv. 3 built in as well so it's got some nice intentions behind it. Hitting things is not really an issue anymore though because the extra couple of seconds it takes to shoot once with this PA means you deal less damage than you normally would with the correct elemental bullet. Probably brilliant for De Ragnus though, heh heh.

:neutral: Barada Chamga - If tanking was a good option in this game (or even possible) then this would be brilliant. However... this is the ONLY Shotgun PA that does not have splash damage/double shotting made available to it (making it annoyingly slower to level when compared to the other SHotgun PAs...). It's damage and accuracy aren't bad but since Shotguns are meant for damage and not support... this is a fairly redundant PA - dead enemies are no threat compared to charmed ones that can do AoE types of attacks/tail whips.

Laser Cannon:

:neutral: Mayalee Prism - You already have this but I find it far too inaccurate for my liking. It's weak but in those few situations where you're trying to push things around or having fun, it's useful - if you can get it to hit. The only things I'd want to push around are Deljabans and those things evade this PA very easily when it matters the most.

:neutral: Phantasm Prism - has more bullet flinching properties than the elemental Laser Cannon PAs and sleep built into it. It's.... actually not too bad - if neutral enemies are nicely lined up for you and don't move around much, it'd be great on neutral enemies. Too bad that all neutral enemies are notoriously annoying, they move around/circle around you too quickly to be of much use at all. Accurate though, I like that.

Twin Handgun:

:neutral: Twin Mayalee - Has Zalure built into it and moderately useful for taking out an enemy's own Deband but in that one second where you shoot it once, you could have fired a shot from your Shotgun and that sadly, is much better than letting yourself deal 50 or so more damage. The PP cost, accuracy and power of this PA also let it down - too bad Twin Handguns are statistically weak themselves.

:neutral: Twin Penetration - for the time being, they are extremely weak and short-ranged. The vastly superior Laser Cannon hits harder, faster and goes deeper (oh god.. if Mikura reads this...) than this puny PA. It's saving grace is moderate ability to strafe whilst shooting but it's incredibly weak. For the time being, it's got either a 90% attack modifier or a 100% attack modifier on a neutral element. With the supplemental update, it gets a bit more attack but it's not as good or as godly as a 50% elemental Laser Cannon.

Some though, would dispute that Twin Penetration is extremely useful for tagging but Shotguns and Laser Cannons do the job easily - so does the insane range of a Rifle.

I got all eight of them and aside from Killer Shot and Mayalee Prism, they're annoying to level up because of their extra PP costs. Killer Shot is ridiculously expensive to level and Mayalee Prism is probably the second most annoying PA to level to 40/50 in the game.

Mikura
Jul 28, 2009, 04:50 PM
Rifle:

:neutral: Killer SHot - kind of meh... for the time being, most enemies with low(ish) STA probably die faster from elemental Rifle, SHotgun or even Laser Cannon fire fast and reliably enough that you don't really need it. Maybe when we get Desert Goliath S3 though... it might become more useful but for the time being, 57PP per shot for it is rather troublesome. 20 shots from a weapon that has roughly 1140PP in it...

:neutral: Mayalee Shot - Most accurate Rifle bullet going and it's got roughly the same attack modifier as the elemental Rifle shots but no knockdown. For the time being, it's not great but it's probably okay for bosses like De Ragnus. Sleep Crush might help it out in the future though.

Shotgun:

:neutral: Barada Maga - Most accurate Shotgun PA. ATA/EVP Lv. 3 built in as well so it's got some nice intentions behind it. Hitting things is not really an issue anymore though because the extra couple of seconds it takes to shoot once with this PA means you deal less damage than you normally would with the correct elemental bullet. Probably brilliant for De Ragnus though, heh heh.

:neutral: Barada Chamga - If tanking was a good option in this game (or even possible) then this would be brilliant. However... this is the ONLY Shotgun PA that does not have splash damage/double shotting made available to it (making it annoyingly slower to level when compared to the other SHotgun PAs...). It's damage and accuracy aren't bad but since Shotguns are meant for damage and not support... this is a fairly redundant PA - dead enemies are no threat compared to charmed ones that can do AoE types of attacks/tail whips.

Laser Cannon:

:neutral: Mayalee Prism - You already have this but I find it far too inaccurate for my liking. It's weak but in those few situations where you're trying to push things around or having fun, it's useful - if you can get it to hit. The only things I'd want to push around are Deljabans and those things evade this PA very easily when it matters the most.

:neutral: Phantasm Prism - has more bullet flinching properties than the elemental Laser Cannon PAs and sleep built into it. It's.... actually not too bad - if neutral enemies are nicely lined up for you and don't move around much, it'd be great on neutral enemies. Too bad that all neutral enemies are notoriously annoying, they move around/circle around you too quickly to be of much use at all. Accurate though, I like that.

Twin Handgun:

:neutral: Twin Mayalee - Has Zalure built into it and moderately useful for taking out an enemy's own Deband but in that one second where you shoot it once, you could have fired a shot from your Shotgun and that sadly, is much better than letting yourself deal 50 or so more damage. The PP cost, accuracy and power of this PA also let it down - too bad Twin Handguns are statistically weak themselves.

:neutral: Twin Penetration - for the time being, they are extremely weak and short-ranged. The vastly superior Laser Cannon hits harder, faster and goes deeper (oh god.. if Mikura reads this...) than this puny PA. It's saving grace is moderate ability to strafe whilst shooting but it's incredibly weak. For the time being, it's got either a 90% attack modifier or a 100% attack modifier on a neutral element. With the supplemental update, it gets a bit more attack but it's not as good or as godly as a 50% elemental Laser Cannon.

Some though, would dispute that Twin Penetration is extremelyuseful for tagging but Shotguns and Laser Cannons do the job easily - so does the insane range of a Rifle.

I got all eight of them and aside from Killer Shot and Mayalee Prism, they're annoying to level up because of their extra PP costs. Killer Shot is ridiculously expensive to level and Mayalee Prism is probably the second most annoying PA to level to 40/50 in the game.

Read and noted. Laser Cannons are indeed the John Holmes of a gunner's weapon arsenal.

Delete
Jul 28, 2009, 06:02 PM
idealy you want all elements for all gun types 41+. Once you do get that done you will be melting faces left to right, two shotting small mobs with a shotgun, making large sub-boss types usless with your 31+ rifle shots with knock down capability, ripping appart linear waves of mobs with the laser cannon(which is golden for missions like LB, WB, SExpress). Twin handguns are a medium of absolute avoidance, but very dimished damage output compared to laser and shotgun.

Couldn't of said it better, None of the Special Pa's for bullets are really useful with the exception of killer shot like already stated like 4 times, lol. Do yourself a favor and level up the shots that matter which are the elemental ones :)

Zeek123
Jul 31, 2009, 11:58 PM
This argument is old as time. For all the haters out there, Twin Handguns do not suck. Yes, they're the least impressive, but they get the job done none the less.

@OP: In my honest opinion, none of the PA frag bullets are worth it. Including Killer Shot. That's right, I said it. The damage it does is sucky, the cost per shot is ridiculous, and it takes a lifetime to level. This isn't your melee class you main, its 'special' moves are certainly lackluster.

neilp4453
Aug 1, 2009, 01:03 AM
This argument is old as time. For all the haters out there, Twin Handguns do not suck. Yes, they're the least impressive, but they get the job done none the less.

@OP: In my honest opinion, none of the PA frag bullets are worth it. Including Killer Shot. That's right, I said it. The damage it does is sucky, the cost per shot is ridiculous, and it takes a lifetime to level. This isn't your melee class you main, its 'special' moves are certainly lackluster.

Leveling up killer shot takes to long? I got it to 21 pretty fast...I use it strictly to incapacitate robots. Every good gunner should take their time to level it (atleast to 21). You will eventually find use for it when hunting for gunner gear (namely needle cannons and rattlesnakes in the past).

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 1, 2009, 01:34 AM
Apart from Killer Shot and Mayalee Prism, none of the PA Frag bullets are worth it, even with Sleep Crusher.

Delete
Aug 1, 2009, 03:10 AM

Maybe for you, Killer shot is not useful, but for me it is. I can't remember the event's name, but it was a room with like 100 robots you had to kill, (muzzlefevers were dropping a lot, winter event I think?) anyway, my Killer shot was taking them out left and right. Sure it works moreover on the robots for some reason, but it's still worth getting to at least 21 like stated above me.

Zeek123
Aug 2, 2009, 09:12 AM
Then I must have the worst luck in the world, because I have a 21+ KS myself, and it hardly ever KOs anything, including robots, before a plain old HP kill. I've found that the other rifle bullets do better, and go farther simply because of PP and the high attack. Maybe since our new shiny update comes with S3 missions it might actually be useful to a gunner, but I personally will be sticking to good old fashioned elemental bullets.

And yeah, I gave up leveling the bullet because I got so bored with it.

darkante
Aug 2, 2009, 09:40 AM
Itīs all about luck. Sometimes it just goes smothly like nobodies buiznies, other times...i could have just shot it to death with regular bullets.

But i will test my luck regardless when the update shows up.

DAMASCUS
Aug 2, 2009, 09:45 AM
A mostly moot tidbit:

Mayalee Hit although mostly pointless does hit two adjacent targets which I just discovered in the past couple days. Ironically it was my very first frag PA back when they first came out and I just now noticed it...was it changed?

Zeek123
Aug 2, 2009, 10:24 PM
Just a thought... shouldn't this have been put in the Guides Section? :-?

Delete
Aug 2, 2009, 10:32 PM
Then I must have the worst luck in the world, because I have a 21+ KS myself, and it hardly ever KOs anything, including robots, before a plain old HP kill. I've found that the other rifle bullets do better, and go farther simply because of PP and the high attack. Maybe since our new shiny update comes with S3 missions it might actually be useful to a gunner, but I personally will be sticking to good old fashioned elemental bullets.

And yeah, I gave up leveling the bullet because I got so bored with it.

I agree with ya that it got boring for me too. Mines is at 33 and will stay there for God knows how long. And I also agree that the Elemental shots are still your best choice.

biggabertha
Aug 3, 2009, 06:22 AM
Mayalee Hit's always been like that. It's one of the things that made me REALLY like Mayalee Hit but it's just too expensive to use. You really have to be a Fortegunner to use it and even then, you have MUCH better options. (Trimate, Crossbow etc.)

It does however, seem to be semi-useful (at least in theory) for the /R missions where you cannot use any healing/restorative items at all. Mayalee Hit and Kyumeisei-shiki ought to come in handy...

The problem of course then, is the insane PP cost of them - but I think the PP cost of them has gone down. WAAAAAY down - to around the normal elemental bullet's cost, I think. So they seem semi-useful.... but dodging is probably easier/better for you in the long run.

On topic: Killer Shot's a fun PA. You can potentially cut down swathes of enemies very quickly with it or you can't. It's how some Time Attackers can get some missions done in five minutes which normally take around quarter of an hour to do normally.

Personally, I use it against robots and yes, sometimes it takes over ten hits for the SE to trigger and other times it only takes one but getting the PA to Lv. 50 helps a LOT. An extra 29% or so of accuracy helps quite a lot if you're trying to land an SE - you really don't want to be seeing a miss when you just spent 57PP on that shot.

Just stick it onto a Mizurakihoh and head to Valley of Carnage S2 to level it up. By the time you kill all of the Vandas with it in Block 2, you'll get around 40% EXP for it and it takes barely two to three minutes to get to Block 2. Easy stuff to level it - watch a DVD or an anime to help out or do some sit ups while mashing away at the shoot button (or use a hairband, a coin and a turbo pad/some other autofire thing).

If you don't want to use Killer Shot, Barada Diga or Grav Shot will usually do the same job (most robots are Lightning, those that are fire etc., use the appropriate element etc.) at a much more consistent but slower rate.

Since some players take a chance at grinding and synthing, why not take a chance with a PA..?