PDA

View Full Version : GC memory card corrupt......again

Kamelik
Jul 30, 2009, 07:03 AM
My GC memory card corrupted again. I had the Orotiagito a Viridia Card and countless other things. This is the fourth time this has happened.

Anyone out there have a recommendation for a strictly PSO memory card that won't randomly kill my file? Greatly appreciated.

Ithildin
Jul 30, 2009, 08:10 AM
All I can say is use official ones. Unfortunately this has happened to me on a few occasions. My condolences for your bad luck :(

DC_PLAYER
Jul 30, 2009, 08:51 AM
I believe there is a way to duplicate your save file, but unfortunatly GC alows multiple players and the trick could be used to mass dupe all your items, being so it's cheating and i can't say much.

Try and check if it was the memory card that corrupted or only the char guild card.

The Escapist™
Jul 30, 2009, 09:28 AM
If you're using an official 1019 with a Wii, stop. Either start using it on a GC or use a 251 or 59. The Wii will corrupt 1019s for some reason; mine did.

Ragrappy99
Jul 30, 2009, 11:25 AM
Any sort of guide to tell what sort of memory card you have? Also, how do you copy a save file. I want to make a backup!

DC_PLAYER
Jul 30, 2009, 11:34 AM
Any sort of guide to tell what sort of memory card you have? Also, how do you copy a save file. I want to make a backup!

If you where playing on a dreamcast, saying wouldn't harm since you can't transfer items from one char the another (and even if you did, considering the tight bank space in pso ver.2 duping would be worthless and bank space conssuming)
On GC you can use 1 memory card on one controler and another memory card containing the double save on the 2nd controler, this would be encouraging ppl to mass dupe all the items so i doubt ppl can say how it's done.

Go to the private server forum > ask around in the proper section if someone has a guide do duplicate the save file.
All i know is that it's possible.

Ragrappy99
Jul 30, 2009, 11:44 AM
Heh, I have no intention of duping anything. I felt bad transfering a Delsabers Buster over to my lv 43, so duping loads of kewl stuff would completely ruin the game for me. And I don't really have anything worth duping anyway. My highest lv char is only 94 D:

But yeah, if anyone knows how to make a backup.. PM me?

Kamelik
Jul 30, 2009, 01:19 PM
Thank you for the responses, my first game restart I had a Madcatz memcard, so that stopped. Then I started using a Nintendo brand one, it's kinda off white color. That one killed my game twice, so I started using my black Nintendo brand card. And it crashed today. Oh and I use a Gamecube too.

Fortunately I prepared for this (because there was no way I was losing all my items again)
I made a PSO file on a small memory card and labeled the characters Alpha beta gamma delta, nothing specific. And every new item I got I backed it up on the according character. I didn't like the idea at first, because I hate resorting to such things, but I guess it worked out.

Lance813
Jul 30, 2009, 02:02 PM
Like stated before: Unofficial memory cards have a higher chance of corrupting before an official one.

I've corrupted three times now, so I can share your pain. There is also such a thing as a USB memory card, I forgot who produces it but you can back your files up on your computer in code.

After my last corruption I resorted to having my characters restored. I never liked the idea because I thought it was illegitimate, but after over 3000 hours of game play on a single character I wasn't about to restart again. In PSO you have the power to manipulate your saved data in so many ways. As long as you don't abuse that power and give yourself stuff that you didn't have is called restorative, and by that it means restoring your characters, equips (That you actually had), spells, and other things that would fall into the category.

Of course to do this you need to be online to have a friend restore you, or an AR.

Kamelik
Jul 30, 2009, 02:36 PM
I'm interested in this USB memory card, Lvl 140 is hard to get back to, and I don't like the idea of going through this a fifth time. The Gamecube doesn't have a USB slot, I don't understand how that works, is it a converter type thing that goes in a MC slot?

I'm glad I can relate this problem to people, but I wish this problem wouldn't happen...

Kamelik
Jul 30, 2009, 02:42 PM
I think I found this USB thing

http://www.usbgecko.com/

Splash
Jul 30, 2009, 02:52 PM
labeled the characters Alpha beta gamma delta

Hey! Those names are the same as my Cmode characters' names. Quite funny. If you ever do get online on GC and you see those character names, you know it's going to be me. :P

ViewtifulJoe
Jul 30, 2009, 04:22 PM
OMG, I feel so lucky now I've only been corrupted once, and it was because my mom turned off the game while it was saving. I don't know why you've been corrupted, but I've played the game on both the Gamecube and the Wii, and using both nintendo made 59 and 251 memory cards for my characters, so obviously what I've been doing has been working fine.

Kamelik
Jul 30, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hey! Those names are the same as my Cmode characters' names. Quite funny. If you ever do get online on GC and you see those character names, you know it's going to be me. :P

Ha that's funny, but I don't use the Alpha, Beta etc, characters for playing I just use them for storing items. Alpha is Hunter weapons, Beta is Guns and Staffs, etc.

The odd thing about my fill corruption is the memory card that gets KOed is the one with my main characters, pretty annoying...

Zeo_Rhend
Jul 30, 2009, 05:07 PM
it sucsk happened to me twice :( my best advice. since u lost all ur stuff. find a psoB online on the pc. just google it im sure ull find something to help ya out. thats al i can say though

Ban3
Jul 30, 2009, 05:40 PM
OMG, I feel so lucky now I've only been corrupted once, and it was because my mom turned off the game while it was saving. I don't know why you've been corrupted, but I've played the game on both the Gamecube and the Wii, and using both nintendo made 59 and 251 memory cards for my characters, so obviously what I've been doing has been working fine.

same here. if that shit happened to me again though, i might just throw myself off a cliff

Lance813
Jul 31, 2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, that's the thing. If you feel like dishing out money for something like that... Its worth it, but you need to remember to reback your files often just in case.

0rI0n
Aug 19, 2009, 10:03 AM
ah i feel for you, ive been corrupted twice.

the 1st was the worst, me and my bro were duping characters, but not items
and were trying to find out how to dup the items aswel, considering i had
been given a DAVIL'S TAIL, yasminkov rifle and other rangers weapons....it soon
backfired as we both ending up losing everything meaning i was never going
to get that davils tail with 195 ATA back!!! (btw im not sure how the person got
the davils tail in the first place, so dont ask me how lol)

the second time was random, and it just meant that our players could only be
used on single player and not multiplayer....very frustrating.

but four times!!! damn i would be pretty mad if i were you lol

psofan219
Aug 22, 2009, 10:34 PM
You think corrupting four times is bad? My friend, that's nothing compared to what I went through during my GC days. Total of, get this, 13 corruptions. Yep, and still kept going. Most corruptions robbed me a high level character (80+, so I was in Ultimate each time) and took 40+ rares. I was using the same MC that came with my GC, a 251. One corruption was due to a poweroutage that annoyingly had to come when I was saving -.- Or was it two? I don't know, I forgot how many times, but I know it happened.
After the 13th time, I had gotten up to that same point again (LV121 with 60+ rares). My mom (yes, she plays PSO as well) had JUST corrupted about 30 minutes after we had got done discussing corruption. She lost over 30 rares. I seen what I had to lose and... This pains me to admit since I'm very strict about such methods... backed-up my data. I didn't feel right about a day later because I felt I was cheating, so just ended up deleting the data myself and moving on to BB. Highest level ever achieved on GC: 126.66 (meaning I was about 2/3 of the way to 127)

Now I'm on BB, and my current level is 158. Tough times the GC put me through, and very frustrating at points because I had to go back through it all over and over and over and over again, but it reminded me of just how great of a game PSO is each and every time. Plus, if you're at all like I am, I seen each corruption not only as a period where you just wanna kick the game in the *** for making you do all that hard work again, but I also see it as a new beginning, a fresh start, a chance to fix any mistakes you might've made on your prior save data. Even a chance to set a challenge in front of yourself that you might not have thought of before.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 23, 2009, 06:58 AM
^ I just start new characters when I want to experience the game again, but I have the luxury of not getting corrupted.

psofan219
Aug 23, 2009, 10:40 AM
Lucky you then. Corruption sucks to go through.

osbourne
Aug 26, 2009, 07:37 PM
I think I found this USB thing

http://www.usbgecko.com/

Your link is dead and the closest thing I could find was the Gameshark Gamesaves. If the rules allow, would you mind posting a working link to this?

Mestermens
Aug 28, 2009, 11:54 AM
Haha I got so freaking owned today.

Guess what?

My memory card corrupted.

I had a lvl 200, 135, 150 and a 124. I don't feel like doing that proocedure over again so I'm going to use AR, as soon as I get a new memory card. An official one this time.

It is pretty hard to get a Guld Milla, All Yasminkovs, T-J Sword, Double cannon, you name it! I had all those übers that you can ever wish for. My 200 RAmar was so cool =(

DC_PLAYER
Aug 28, 2009, 12:02 PM
http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=230272&postcount=5