PDA

View Full Version : HUcaseal Evasion

ShieldDragon
Feb 20, 2003, 11:16 PM
So I've got my HUcaseal to lvl 102 now. Shouldn't I be blocking attacks left and right on Very Hard multiplayer??

All you high level HUcaseals out there... how often do you block on ultimate at high levels? I'm curious because that's the whole reason I wanted a HUcaseal... for the badass blocking. And if I can't show off at lvl 200 by blocking every single hit that comes my way, then I'll just keep playing with my FOnewearl instead.

Celes152
Feb 20, 2003, 11:39 PM
In forest, I block 75% of the time at level 130. The exception is Tollaws.

ShieldDragon
Feb 20, 2003, 11:44 PM
75%? That's nice. Any special equipment? I'm assuming you were online.

Malecite
Feb 20, 2003, 11:44 PM
My personal opinion with my level 101 Hucasel is that evasion sucks... I feed her non stop evasion and power mates and still she gets wasted all over the place. The block rate doesn't seem to kick in at all even though I have around 700 evasion or something. Its kinda annoying actually I was hoping she would do something useful with evasion in ultimate and now im getting nostalgic for that Hucast...

Maelkith
Feb 20, 2003, 11:54 PM
wll if you are using a secret gear and wielding a sword you are probably defeating the excellent evasion that your hucaseal has. you could use a common shield and a saber or daggers to see if you have decent evasion. the secret gear gives great dfp, but has little evp. using swords also lowers your evade. at your level the best gear you could use is probably a delsaber set. you must have the set to get full benefit from it.if you were to equip anything but the saber with the delsaber shield, the shield becomes crappy.

i would need to know more about what gear you have. i can tell you that the custom barrier, flowens shield, and db's shield are kinda junky without the right stuff to go with it. try to equip a divinity barrier or ultimate shield to see if you evade more attacks. if thats what you are using then i guess you just havent eaten enough evade mats.

btw a hucaseal starts to really add evade at about the level you are now. by the time you get to level 107 you will have better evade than a hucast who is level 128. this is from personal experience with a comparison between my hucast and my cousin's hucaseal. if you get really lucky and find one, a kasami bracer (level 112 shield) will really make your evade work well.

Celes152
Feb 20, 2003, 11:55 PM
I use an Electro Frame and Kasami Bracer..and although I can, I have never taken her online.

pixelate
Feb 21, 2003, 12:03 AM
I'm 143 and barely get a bruise in Ult Forest. I use an Electro Frame and Safety Heart.

ShieldDragon
Feb 21, 2003, 12:03 AM
My gear? D Parts ver 2.10 with 2 slots and an Ultimate shield.

In the slots are a Devil/Battle and God/Body. Weapons are usually a ripper or S-beats blades, a Chainsawd, and vulcans.

Celes... that Kasami Bracer is looking nice! *starts searching for one*

Maelkith
Feb 21, 2003, 12:13 AM
if you can go online, and you have 2 photon drops, go to the shops quest and trade for 2 addslots. carry 1 drop for one addslot, then return and get another addslot for another drop. if you cant go online then you should really be on the hunt for addslots. i have found the most addslots in very hard ruins and mines, but you can get them almost anywhere.

after you get your dparts up to 4 slots, try using leg units to boost your evade. the ultimate shield is a good choice for evade and should do for ultimate forest. evading anything in ultimate is kinda iffy, but if anyone can do it a hucaseal with the right gear can.

VulpesMundi
Feb 21, 2003, 01:10 AM
From what I've seen, evasion is actually a combination of both DFP and EVP. If one is high and the other is low, you'll still generally get hit. A good example is with my FOnewearl. Her DFP kinda sucks, but her EVP is pretty darn high (she has the second highest EVP max in the game). She will still take hits most of the time in the Ultimate Forest if I don't cast any support spells. If I cast Deband (level 30) She'll block about 50% of the attacks from Bartle, Barble, Gulgus, and Mothvert. If I also cast Jellen (level 28) on the enemies she will block 100% of the Bartle, Barble, Gulgus, and Mothvert attacks and also block 50% of all the other enemy attacks (including Hildelts) except Tollaw.

GandorDurin
Feb 21, 2003, 01:18 AM
On 2003-02-20 22:10, VulpesMundi wrote:
From what I've seen, evasion is actually a combination of both DFP and EVP. If one is high and the other is low, you'll still generally get hit. A good example is with my FOnewearl. Her DFP kinda sucks, but her EVP is pretty darn high (she has the second highest EVP max in the game). She will still take hits most of the time in the Ultimate Forest if I don't cast any support spells. If I cast Deband (level 30) She'll block about 50% of the attacks from Bartle, Barble, Gulgus, and Mothvert. If I also cast Jellen (level 28) on the enemies she will block 100% of the Bartle, Barble, Gulgus, and Mothvert attacks and also block 50% of all the other enemy attacks (including Hildelts) except Tollaw.

That's not quite how it works, but close.

If your evasion is too low then you'll get hit. If, however, you have very high defense, so high that a hit from something would do no damage, you'll show a block animation. Tollaws hit me 100% offline with 1100 Evade, but if jellen and deband are cast, it makes the illusion that they suddenly "miss" me.

I've also noticed that if you're right on the edge of taking no damage, it sometimes shows a hit animation even if your health doesn't decrease.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 21, 2003, 11:41 AM
Actually, that is how it works. Block animation is for evade and hit animation is for hits, whether or not the hit does any damage.

HC82
Feb 22, 2003, 12:34 AM
You automatically block if the enemy deals less then 0 damage to you.

The difference between the two blocks is that a 0 damage attack will cause you to block, but it pushed back. An evasive block just causes you to block without being pushed back.

Also don't expect to be blocking like crazy intill your EVP is really high. Evp is a weird stat, if your evp is low then it's practically worthless unless your playing offline with a class which can't jellen. If your class has high evp then you'll be blocking like crazy.

Some enemies you simply can't block, or won't begin to block intill your evp breaks a certain point. Kinda like how 20 ATA can make a difference of you missing 75% of the time to only missing 15% of the time. It's only 20 ATA, but if your ATA is around a certain point it can make quite a difference.

GandorDurin
Feb 22, 2003, 12:48 AM
Well it's very confusing and annoying, but since I don't have any techniques that increase Evade, it seems to be that negative (meaning less than 0) damage results in a "block" animation, regardless of Evade.

Of course I suppose it makes sense, except that Evading an attack should mean getting out of the way, but oh well I don't care as long as I take no damage from stuff! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My last theory is that anywhere from 0 to .4999 (with 9 repeating) damage results in a hit animation, but no damage being done. This allows things to still inflict poison/confuse/etc., but offline it gives the player that little bit of extra time to retreat/heal/whatever. Of course this still doesn't explain the "blocking when less than 0 damage" phenominon (sp?), but I still assume it's because there just aren't two different animations for a block and a dodge.

Anyway, who cares, Evade seems to work (according to the beastiary guides, anywho) at about a five to one ratio...Meaning that approximately five Evade cancels out one enemy accuracy...That's just my guess, anyway.

Okay enough for me!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Maelkith
Feb 22, 2003, 02:28 AM
in ultimate mines you can see the difference for sure. lets assume that the gichiches have level 30 jellen cast on them and that your character has level 30 deband. when your dfp gets high enough, hits do no damage. so you have been swarmed by a giichich horde and all they manage to do is cause slow and put you in the stun annimation. the metal and metal sound is an evaded hit, the meat hitting meat sound is a hit that does no damage. there is a pyrotechnic effect that goes with each, but in rapid succession, i will look as if you are just blocking. really the only way to know if you got hit is if you are slowed.

VulpesMundi
Feb 22, 2003, 03:38 AM
Just to clarify, I've actually been hit (animation and all) for 0 damage many times. It happened on the opposite of above on characters with high DFP but low EVP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-22 00:41 ]</font>

CorneliusPower
Feb 22, 2003, 08:51 AM
I made a post about a week ago concerning my HUcaseal lvl 1. It was on a Mat Limit issue, to this date my HUcaseal is still lvl 1 and has 51 mats in her, most of which are EVADE Mats. 12 POW, 19 DEF and 20 EVADE. I had very few ppl post on this subject, and now Im kind of glad i havent started playing my HUcaseal yet, because more concerns raise. I have plenty of mats for her but am now in a deep concern of what mats to give her. I know HUcaseals are supposed to have high EVADE. Well, I have plenty EVADE and DEF mats...and am somewhat eager to start lvling her past lvl 1, 300 EXP, should i hold off on the EVADE mats and just strictly use POW and DEF mats? Please reply sensibly. Thank you.

HC82
Feb 22, 2003, 03:16 PM
Well you should use alot of the mats equally if you DON'T plan on maxing her stats. I'd suggest getting God/arm units for the HUcaseal(very efficent god unit).

Only give her enough DFP and evp mats so that when she hits 200 she will be maxed out in those stats.

37 dfp mats(put 6 def on your mag), 50 evp mats, 18 pow mats, and 45 luck mats.

Your mag : 6 def, 186 pow, 8 ata, 0 mind

Your units: God body, God arm, god arm, -extra-

You'll be maxed out in everything if you follow the above, the one problem with the above set up is that you want to max out your ATA ASAP(around level 105), so you'll probably want to create a secondary mag that is mostly power and dex. Around 70+ dex and the rest is pow and focus your units on pow and ata.

-----

CorneliusPower
Feb 22, 2003, 06:25 PM
HC82, I couldnt ask for a better reply. The God/Body part i have to work on....I need to find one, heh heh. Well, I do have a Hero/Ability, but it only adds 10 to each so that wont work, 1 to Luck, I mean this maybe off subject, but, whats up with the adding only 1 Luck on the Hero/ability, hmm.

HC82
Feb 22, 2003, 08:01 PM
It adds +1 to HP, as for luck it gives +10.