PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - System Menu - Need some help

Calsetes
Jul 31, 2009, 07:57 AM
Alright, so my coworkers wanted me to bring in my PS3 today so we could play Rock Band as a team building exercise, but one slight problem - I had it hooked up with an HDMI cable at my house, with the highest resolution and 16:9 ratio set on it, and now it's not auto-detecting when I hooked it up here at work (using composite on a crappy non-HDTV). I forgot to set it before I left the house this morning (was in a bit of a rush, as my brother was on it last night until 2 AM playing Ghostbusters....) and now I need some kind person out there to give me a "blind man's walkthrough" of the menus, starting with as far left and up as possible (in the users menu starting at "Create New User" and assuming I start each menu at the top of the list each time I change to it).

I know this seems like asking a lot, but I kind of need this info in the next 3 hours or so. I just need to know where to move my cursor to to select Composite Video, and possibly set the aspect ratio back to.... is it 4:3? I can fix the audio and in-game options after that. Thanks.

Calsetes
Jul 31, 2009, 08:06 AM
Nevermind, I got it - found the answer on another website. Turns out you just have to hold the power button for 5 or 10 seconds while booting up, sets everything to minimum video settings.

Edit: And got called an idiot on Gamefaqs, apparently, because I didn't read my manual back when the PS3 came out... what, like 3 years ago?

UnderscoreX
Jul 31, 2009, 08:10 AM
Yeh, I was going to post that but decided against it hoping someone would actually go through all the trouble of typing out directions like that.

joefro
Jul 31, 2009, 08:21 AM
Same exact thing happened to me back in 2006, I was showing my brother my PS3 but I had never connected it to an sdtv and I was trying for like an hour to figure out how to get it to work. Then google saved me :).