PDA

View Full Version : L/KK or Lumirus/Power Charge?

str898mustang
Jul 31, 2009, 03:30 PM
With the upcoming update Lumirus/Power Charge is going to be dropping. Is the extra 40atp worth the 200% increase in PP usage or would u stay with L/KK?

Post opinions.

pikachief
Jul 31, 2009, 03:36 PM
40 ATP isnt gonna make a HUEG difference.

so its more like, ok 100 less ATA, or twice as much PP consumtion?

personally, i use PP too fast as it is O.o i dont need to be using it 2 times faster! i like my PP so i dont like any Power charges personally.

with Vijerina Power and LKK to me this unit seems dum, but to those who are power hungry and can risk the PP loss then go for it i guess :P

Volcompat321
Jul 31, 2009, 03:37 PM
L/kk.
With GM you already use a lot of PP compared to FG, and 40 ATP is nothing to run out and get.
Maybe if it was another 240 of something, sure thing I'd use that for certain parts of some missions, but L/kk the whole way.
I think I will stick to L/kk til the chronos thing comes out for local servers, if it does at all.

Aeris
Jul 31, 2009, 03:37 PM
I whould stay with my L/KK since the extra 40 atp and x2 PP comsuption is not worth it to me much.

DPShiro
Jul 31, 2009, 03:41 PM
Sticking with LKK, as others said, not worth the 2x PP consumtion.

PhdChristmas
Jul 31, 2009, 03:58 PM
Back during the era of A rank units, H/PC was acceptable granted there was nothing else at the time that came even close in ATP.

Given the current units available L/PC would probably see more viable use in an AT's arm slot and bow using FT's.

I dont see a master type using this to sustain prowess. L/KK, V/P and R/K can fill in the arm slot of any combination of race/mastertype with sustainable results than a L/PC.

Akihito
Jul 31, 2009, 04:23 PM
I'd use this on a fortefighter build considering FF only use 80% of PP and have a regen of 25%

But as a FM No way 30% already sucks

Powder Keg
Jul 31, 2009, 04:51 PM
L/KK

Forget about your weapons draining in seconds....especially if you're playing a master class.

Dymalos
Jul 31, 2009, 07:39 PM
I'll use this instead of LKK. I make it through most missions with only 1 or 2 Photon Charges to begin with... why does it matter if I use all 10? Also as a Beast... LKK does not agree with me unless I'm GM with their obscene base ATA. So considering I use Vijerina Power for the most part, this seems like a solid upgrade and 200% PP Consumption isn't the end of the world.

If anything since all of you will likely be avoiding this unit like the plague, it's going to be rather cheap for me to get. And at anything less then 10 Mil, it's worth picking one up and giving it a shot.

Ceresa
Jul 31, 2009, 08:08 PM
It's a fine unit for soloing, as long as your PAs/equips are good enough there's no fear of running out of PC, even on Master types. The extra cost in charges is insignificant as well. Although for GM, Love Inferno has pretty shitty pp, so that might get annoying, it's much more manageable once you get Adahna Degahna Cannon.

Of course it's also annoying to use more PC then others in a party. Who wants to be the loser running to npc after each mission when everyone else only needs to restock every 2 or 3 runs. By the time you load in the block they'll be 3 rooms ahead.

Dymalos
Aug 1, 2009, 02:36 AM
Well you could take some Cosmos to offset that type of situation a bit, they'll likely last you for a normal day's worth of runs when combined with the 10 PCs.

stinkyfish97
Aug 1, 2009, 01:08 PM
LPC seems to be the perfect choice for my PT. All I need is one more 10-10 Pakudac to match the one I have and PP shouldnt be a concernt. I mean I use traps already so much that the extra ATP would be greatly welcomed.

The_Brimada
Aug 1, 2009, 02:20 PM
I'll probably use L/KK mainly, but of course will test out L/PC if I were to find one to see how I like it.

Hrith
Aug 1, 2009, 05:32 PM
Twice the PP consumption?

Lumirus / Hit Charge only boosts the PP cost to 150%, not 200%.

Confirmation on this =/

L/PC may be worth it on Forte and hybrid classes, but I can't see a GM or FM using one.
I may use it on Acrotecher.

mvffin
Aug 2, 2009, 01:17 AM
Red Knight for FM, LPC for everything else. FM is the only class I use excessive charges with.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 2, 2009, 06:25 PM
Lumirus Power Charge easily. My Nova's Promoto Cannon 10/10 with 1870pp and Pakudac 10/10 with 1890pp should have no problem with it. Plus it saves 100ATA.

I've been waiting for this unit for months. "Real" speed mission players will use LPC.

Gen2000
Aug 3, 2009, 11:35 AM
I'm just gonna get one for my Gunmaster. Shotgun and Lasers have way too much PP anyways. I don't have issues with PP on my GM even just using original non-Kubara weapons. Might even be ok for my Protranser too.

Fighmaster? Bah, nope. Excessive PC popping would already be an issue now if I didn't use Gekis, Bil De Axes, and Rucars. I would really like to use my Mugunburgas and Zagzas more.

I think whoever still play Fortefighter and Fortegunner nowadays would feel the least amount of sting from the unit.

Neith
Aug 3, 2009, 02:55 PM
Increased PP usage on Master classes isn't worth the extra 40ATP over LKK, in my opinion. My GM will definitely be sticking with LKK, and my Fighmaster with Vijerina / Power.

However, for other classes (particularly Fortes), LPC may be worth trying. I'm still not sure increased PP cost is worth it though, with 150% PP use (or 200%, whichever is right), you're going to still be popping charges a lot. Fortegunner for example would be fine with LKK, so I really don't see why a fG would want use more PP to do a tiny bit more damage.

I guess the 'hardcore TA' crowd will be all over LPC, but since I primarily use Master classes, it doesn't interest me.

ARASHIKAGE
Aug 3, 2009, 03:19 PM
I'd use the L/PC mainly because I play Human PT and I'm always looking to bridge the gap in attack power, also I'd like my 100 acc back.
Like Raine said, some Promoto weapons are going to make that switch easier... But I do remember playing with the Hard / Power Charge back in the day and that pp expense got really annoying as a hybrid class.

str898mustang
Aug 3, 2009, 05:15 PM
when a GM needs to worry about ATA then I may use L/PC but right now, it's L/KK all the way.

mvffin
Aug 3, 2009, 11:34 PM
when a GM needs to worry about photon charges, I'll use LKK.

See, the same argument works either way. = P

Hrith
Aug 4, 2009, 07:17 AM
Higher PP cost would really annoy me with lasers, just for that I could not use LPC on Gunmaster ;s

stinkyfish97
Aug 4, 2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah well I have been using a LHC and if the pp consumption is the same, on PT this unit works out pretty well, especially when your using traps quite a bit. Otherwise this unit may get annoying with how many Photon Charges you will have to pop. With even faster shots than PT, this unit will be annoying on GM, not impossible, but will be almost impossible for a FM who is not using Kubara copies, or yohmei weapons. This unit really does eat up pp. It is about 3 full combos before my 8-10 chainsawd+ with 387 pp before it is completely drained. Before going out and spending the money on this unit I would try out the other PC out there to get some idea of what you will be sacrificing. I already use a LHC on my Beast PT and find it to be not a problem but I also go through all my ex traps so half the time I am not even using my weapons to burn PP. Goodluck

str898mustang
Aug 5, 2009, 12:59 PM
Higher PP cost would really annoy me with lasers, just for that I could not use LPC on Gunmaster ;s

agreed

lantis-zagato
Aug 13, 2009, 08:01 PM
I recently bought a Vijerina power for my guntecher. Before this I used the pp save and never ever ever used photon charges. I could do basically any mission and not use a single one. I figured I would try the Vijerina power and see if I liked the boost in attack power. I was quite surprised in how much stronger my bullets were. Now I'm considering the LPC just to see what I could max in damage. Right now I use between 1 and 3 photon charges with the VP. I would be happy as long as I could get through a full mission without having to restock until after it was completed. You guys think its worth it to pick up a LPC for my beast guntecher??

Hrith
Aug 13, 2009, 08:08 PM
Yes. I'm using LPC on hybrid classes, it's great.

The PP cost is 150%, not 200% as some had posted.

Still unbearable on Fighmaster.

Dragwind
Aug 13, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yes. I'm using LPC on hybrid classes, it's great.

The PP cost is 150%, not 200% as some had posted.

Still unbearable on Fighmaster.

Correct. I had just tested this earlier to find that it was indeed 150% and not 200%, we had an error in our database.

It's definitely great for hybrids and forte classes.

Genoa
Aug 14, 2009, 02:44 AM
-100 Acc doesn't really make a significant difference for most player types.
I think if anything it would slightly hinder Fortetechers using non-teching weapons <_> or perhaps Wartechers.
Otherwise I would definitely stick with LKK.

mvffin
Aug 14, 2009, 05:37 AM
I think beasts of almost any class should use Red/Knight. Casts of MOST classes (sans PT,WT,FM)can probably get away with LKK, but I'd rather use LPC on the remaining classes.