PDA

View Full Version : "My young 'un loves being dragged around on a leash. It's how I was brought up."

joefro
Jul 31, 2009, 07:13 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/07/verizon-leash-kid.jpg

Yeah, so some "genius" parent in Alabama decided to drag her child through a Verizon store. Naturally, someone captured the incident and the woman was arrested by the police. When she was arrested she said, "My young 'un loves being dragged around on a leash. It's how I was brought up."

Some Americans ain't so smart, amirite? Hopefully, hopefully the woman learns her lesson after being arrested. I doubt it though. She'll probably be seen in the AT&T store next month, doing the exact same thing. :lol:

So, what's your take on this crazy and the way she treats her child?

via Gizmodo(video here): http://gizmodo.com/5327482/parent-of-the-year-arrested-after-dragging-kid-through-verizon-store-on-a-leash

Kylie
Jul 31, 2009, 07:38 PM
It's a kid, lady. He's too young to decide what he likes in that situation, and you should know better than to think it's okay because he says he likes or because it's what you're used to. It's clearly not because what if the "leash" got caught around something or the kid's neck? Geez...

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2009, 08:13 PM
Alabama

Thread ended here.

Volcompat321
Jul 31, 2009, 08:50 PM
Thread ended here.

I agree. I haven't seen too many significant/smart people from there.
I've only heard stories like this; horrible.
That's just from what I hear anyway. I'm sure there are significant people from Alabama.

Like Forrest Gump.

Anduril
Aug 1, 2009, 01:24 AM
I used to like getting dragged around when I was little. >.>;
Though that was at home on a freshly cleaned kitchen floor and by both of my legs.
I never did like those leashes for kids, although I can see their practicality, well at least the ones that go around the torso of the child; those wrist ones are terrible and no doubt have been the cause of many a dislocated arm.

Ragrappy99
Aug 1, 2009, 05:36 AM
The child should fill his pockets with potatoes, or rocks or something.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 1, 2009, 08:29 AM
Add that bit of stupidity to this site.

http://whythefuckdoyouhaveakid.com/

Kylie
Aug 1, 2009, 10:08 AM
Being from the South myself, I suppose I should never have children. :roll:

Leviathan
Aug 1, 2009, 10:54 AM
I saw this at the mall. Only it was the kind that has a retractable cord, and when the kid strayed too far away the cord would reel him back in.

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 1, 2009, 02:47 PM
Baby got owned.

Volcompat321
Aug 1, 2009, 07:36 PM
jShazBot would treat his kid like this. :wacko:
Just kidding jShaz.
Wherever you are.

joefro
Aug 1, 2009, 08:19 PM
Seriously, where is jShaz? Haven't seen him on in a long time.

amtalx
Aug 1, 2009, 09:47 PM
I agree. I haven't seen too many significant/smart people from there.
I've only heard stories like this; horrible.
That's just from what I hear anyway. I'm sure there are significant people from Alabama.

Like Forrest Gump.

Not to hate on anyone from Alabama, but they are usually in a roshambo with Mississippi for the highest rate of illiteracy.

The south shall rise again? Not if you can't read.

Leviathan
Aug 1, 2009, 10:37 PM
jShazBot would treat his kid like this. :wacko:
Just kidding jShaz.
Wherever you are.

Banned.

KodiaX987
Aug 1, 2009, 10:41 PM
The south shall rise again? Not if you can't read.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. They have unseen strength in their utter lack of logic.

Volcompat321
Aug 1, 2009, 10:51 PM

Not sure, but I miss him! lol.
Haven't heard from him in like 2 months. :(

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. They have unseen strength in their utter lack of logic.

We call that "retard strength".
Wait, am I allowed to say that?

goldbrease
Aug 1, 2009, 11:48 PM
actually there is a difference between putting you kid on a leash and a harness, my mother put me in a harness with a strong bungee line because i was a runner, i would try running away and hide in clothing and stuff. I walked around freely within the limit of the cord's length.
this lady actually has a dog collar around her kids neck and is dragging him around, if you look the kid is holding onto it as she is dragging him, most likely to keep from suffocation.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 2, 2009, 12:47 AM
Banned.
Good riddance.

Kylie
Aug 2, 2009, 06:52 AM
Enough's enough. Some idiot drags her kid on a leash, and that makes it okay for you guys to shit on an area of the country because of stuff you've heard? There's a lot of trash in my state and its surrounding states, but there are decent people here. Also... illiteracy rates were mentioned. Umm, I'd like to point out that states in the South also have the worst poverty rates, and a lot of those people can't read because they can't afford better opportunities for their selves or their children. Maybe I should be poking fun at this instead of being offended by it like I am, but excuse me if I think there's nothing at all funny about it.

Volcompat321
Aug 2, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hey, like I said, it's all of what I heard. -

Like Forrest Gump.
Is exactly what I said. I wasn't poking fun at em. If I have something from a past experience, it's only my opinion about a people I've had experiences with. I'm not saying all people are like that, just the ones I interacted with.

Either way, the south isn't really doing too bad. It's the north (and I'm originally from the north) up north it cost more to live. Rent on apartments, 1 bedroom are close to 1200 a month! Down here in Florida, you can get a 4 bedroom house, 3 bathrooms, and a garage for under 1200. I get that for $985/month!
If you compare how many people live on the streets down south, and up north, I can guarantee you up north has more people on the streets. (not that there isn't any down here, just not many, compared)

goldbrease
Aug 2, 2009, 02:47 PM
here in Gillette Wyoming there are 1 room apartments going for $2500 a month >.>

Nitro Vordex
Aug 2, 2009, 02:55 PM
Isn't school free?

Volcompat321
Aug 2, 2009, 02:59 PM
here in Gillette Wyoming there are 1 room apartments going for $2500 a month >.>

Ridiculous. The government expects people to live on (what's minimum wage?) 7.65 or something like that down here in Fla. Working 40 hours a week, that's $306 a week. That's $1224 a month.
People cant live off that, I don't know why it's minimum wage. Horrendous.
Should be like $15/hr.

Sayara
Aug 2, 2009, 03:09 PM
Isn't school free?

Cant go to school without a house usually.

Volcompat321
Aug 2, 2009, 03:24 PM
For real? :o

Sayara
Aug 2, 2009, 03:36 PM
They have to make sure you are living in a a home. Proof of Residency.

Split
Aug 2, 2009, 04:42 PM
just because you aren't educated doesn't mean you shouldn't be held responsible for how you treat your kid. If you don't know anything about parenting than use a freaking condom

Kylie
Aug 2, 2009, 04:57 PM
Cant go to school without a house usually.Exactly, and cities in the South like New Orleans have the highest homeless rates in the country. Not only that; but you kind of need a way to get to school, money to buy school supplies, and money for food to eat while at school. Making fun of our illiteracy rates and generally how many uneducated people we have in correlation to this idiot's bad parenting is just ignorant.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 2, 2009, 04:57 PM
HAH! Looks like someone submitted this idiot to that site I posted on page one. :P

Leviathan
Aug 2, 2009, 05:06 PM
Should be like $30/hr.

Fixed.

In a whole year working full time, one can expect to make just short of $15,000 with that low minimum wage. [$7.25. Which I believe is the national wage.]

joefro
Aug 2, 2009, 05:23 PM
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/joefro72/?action=view&current=Picture2-5.png
Percent of People 25 Years and Over Who Have Completed High School
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/joefro72/Picture2-5.png

US Census Bureau: http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/GRTTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=01000US&-_box_head_nbr=R1401&-ds_name=ACS_2005_EST_G00_&-format=US-30

WAIT! OMG! Alabama beat out California? Typo? :lol: Southern people aren't dumb, and our culture isn't dumb either. We don't talk about Northerners nearly as much or as bad as y'all talk about us. For every dumb-ass mom like this in Alabama there are two dumb-ass moms in California letting their little girls grow up like Paris Hilton.

EDIT: Also, I'm not trying to say anything with this chart, (I really hate statistics) school isn't for everyone, I know lots of people who dropped out of high school and they makes lots of money now. It just seems that people only listen if information is presented with a chart or something.

Leviathan
Aug 2, 2009, 05:58 PM
Something tells me the reason Wyoming is so high up there is because there is nothing to do there. :wacko:

I'm a bit taken back that Texas is low on the list, I really expected it to be in the middle since we have a fuck ton of universities, we're not poor, in fact people are moving in to Texas.

Randomness
Aug 2, 2009, 05:58 PM
You want proof that people you see in the media don't represent the state they're from? Second place on that list.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 2, 2009, 06:13 PM
Oh wow, a chart from 2005. Good job. :roll:

Also, why did they put United States as a state? :lol:

Xaeris
Aug 2, 2009, 06:16 PM
The US as a whole is up there to show you where the mean is.

amtalx
Aug 2, 2009, 06:37 PM
*stuffs cat back in the bag*

goldbrease
Aug 2, 2009, 11:48 PM
Ridiculous. The government expects people to live on (what's minimum wage?) 7.65 or something like that down here in Fla. Working 40 hours a week, that's $306 a week. That's $1224 a month.
Should be like $15/hr.

ok in gillette there is the government minamum wage, there is the compete with the coal mines mimanum wage, and there is the minamum wage.
the gmw is $7.65 (this is kamart's current starting pay)
the cwtcmmw is $10-12 (kmarts old starting pay was $10 ((yeah they lowered it, i'm lucky they didn't lower any of us... but no one got a yearly raise >.>)) wal mart hires at $11.55-$13 just for entry non manager or office positions)
the mw is 5-6$ and most of the time this is being filled by cheap mexican or chinese labor who work 3 full times jobs to feed and house there families of 5-8 >.> and alot of these places are construction companies.....

you can work at mcdonalds here for like 9-11 dollars an hour.
the businesses here had to do this because of the coal mines here and the insane housing costs. ontop of this the housing prices here have barely dropped, people are still tryhing to get the insanes amounts they paid for them back >.>....

as for wyoming. i believe people are counting geds as graduating because our drop out rate here is huge!

Reksanden
Aug 3, 2009, 12:19 AM
Where is this thread going?

Split
Aug 3, 2009, 12:51 AM
There are dumb people all over America, it's kind of an epidemic...

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 3, 2009, 12:58 AM
Where is this thread going?

SO YEAH. HOW ABOUT DEM BABYS?

:-D