PDA

View Full Version : Discollecting: Collecting 14disks instead of just 12disks

stinkyfish97
Aug 2, 2009, 02:59 AM
Just wondering why nobody I join parties with does this. Takes all of 90 seconds to do and you gain 2 boxes at the end.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 2, 2009, 03:00 AM
Because you have to go down a 2nd route? 12 Discs is one route. 13-18 is two routes, 19-24 is all three.

Libram
Aug 2, 2009, 04:21 AM
Conversely you can go down one route and do the first blocks of the other two.

stinkyfish97
Aug 2, 2009, 03:33 PM
I was more of thinking this. Go into each block first grab the 3 disks where you need not fight any enemies. You can grab 14 disks and still only need to go through 1 block and fight all the enemies. I usually go A pick up the disk to the right of where the pannon spawn, run back through to VR 1. Then I do it for C and go down skip the Zashogan that spawns and go get the disk go through the teleporter and then exit back to VR field. I then complete all of block 2 getting all the disks. I end up with 14 disks and it only takes and extra 1 minute to do all of what I just said. If you can stand to take 1 extra minute in the run to gain a couple boxes at the end than I say do it. You dont even fight enemies to do it. Sega was smart about the potential of this however and this tactic only allows for 14 disks. All the other disks are locked behind doors or hidden axis points where after all enemies in that area are killed then it will open. The biggest pain is if you lag, I mean you are going through a few more loading screens by transfering back and forth from the blocks, this is the most time consuming part of collecting 14 disks instead of the usual 12.

I usually just send one guy back to do this while we fight the rest of the mobs. I mean by the time he/she gets both disks we probably will just be starting to kill the second set of carriguines!

Good luck in your hunts, I hope this helps you'all "speed runners" who still want to collect the maximum amount of disks with only doing one block. It may not be worth it to all but to some I hope this helps finding that Killer Elite/Stamina/or Armas board you all are surely looking for.

neilp4453
Aug 2, 2009, 03:49 PM
Do the two extra bosses produce boxes that drop boards.....if not...they are not worth the time of going back for extra materials.

Libram
Aug 6, 2009, 05:51 PM
Chief, the cut off point is at 16, not 14.

Gypsy72
Aug 6, 2009, 11:25 PM
indeed 14 disks don't help out on boss boxes