PDA

View Full Version : About Amazon Delivery....

Reksanden
Aug 3, 2009, 04:29 PM
I recently ordered from Amazon.com for the first time, so does it come through mail, UPS, or another system?

joefro
Aug 3, 2009, 05:19 PM
99% of the time its with UPS, but they have the right to use Fed Ex, DHL, USPS, etc. It'll most likely come through UPS though. Once you order, you can check.

Ketchup345
Aug 3, 2009, 06:56 PM
I think it may depend on the size of the item, small items (CDs, DVDs, games) would probably be USPS (I often order 2-3 CDs, and they're from USPS). One of the emails you receive after the order will include a tracking number and what service.

AC9breaker
Aug 3, 2009, 07:14 PM
Usually when I get my stuff it's UPS especially if it's 2-3 days or overnight. Anything less then that is usually USPS.

goldbrease
Aug 3, 2009, 07:19 PM
its usualy threw ups, dhl i rarely see used by anyone, fedex they sometimes use but i dislike fedex since they wont deliver to my house, they drop it off at the post office and the post office puts a notice in my mail box that i need to come pick it up... even thou its on their delivery car >.> and then for like a week when i'm tryhing to pick it up they keep taking it out on deliveries with them and leaving notices in my mail box.

Kylie
Aug 3, 2009, 08:47 PM
I order something from Amazon at least once a week, and it comes through UPS 80% of the time. It's only come through the mail 20% of the time, but I don't think it will anymore since I have Prime now. They only use UPS for that afaik... But whether they use UPS or USPS for regular orders probably depends on your area, the weight of what you're ordering, and where it's coming from.

goldbrease
Aug 3, 2009, 11:51 PM
it could also depend if the item is actually being sold by amazon or by an actual person.

Kylie
Aug 3, 2009, 11:58 PM
it could also depend if the item is actually being sold by amazon or by an actual person.Funnily enough, most of the times I've bought from actual people on Amazaon, it's been through USPS. Oh, and why are you even asking this? If you ordered something from Amazon, they should tell you who's delivering it and even what day via the confirmation email and also through "Your Account" (it's listed under "open orders/tracking" or whatever).