PDA

View Full Version : Stamina, End?

xLeonx
Aug 3, 2009, 07:09 PM
Was just wondering what exactly does Stamina do?

Dhylec
Aug 3, 2009, 07:15 PM
Your resistance to stat effects or recovery from them. On your stat screen it's 'sta', but on your armor it's 'end' (endurance). As a rule of thumb, the more the better.

Dymalos
Aug 3, 2009, 08:53 PM
Does anyone have concrete numbers for the END/STA required to resists certain SEs?

I'm at 24-26 on my Beast on most types, and 19 on Master types (Thank you, Hizeri / Stamina). I have the potential of having 4 more END by fitting myself out with ARMAS Lines. It'd be cool to know what I'm immune to at 30 END.

I know sometime in the low 20's you're free and clear of level 1-10 Megid. And at 26, I am no longer stunned by Motherbrain's close attacks.

At which point will I resist SE level 1/2 Freeze as put out by Barta?

xLeonx
Aug 4, 2009, 02:21 AM
Alright cool Thanks alot for the info

Hrith
Aug 4, 2009, 07:22 AM
Beware, Dymalos, monster attacks do not have the same SE level as ours. I know some monsters use a Lv3 and even Lv4 freeze Barta. Some monsters even have Lv5 SEs (Vanda Merha's "Damfoie").

I also know that 30 STA is not enough to run around without a resist unit, some attacks work well even if you have that much STA (such as Grass Assassin's stun spit, Carriguine's confuse jump, etc.)

Shou
Aug 4, 2009, 03:34 PM
Rule of thumb. If you have the means, hook yourself up with a rainbow set of Armas Lines and use hizeri / stamina. Unless you are a CAST. Then, by all means, use paradi.

There are some missions, however, where the enemies can only inflict 1 type of negetive status effect on you. Then stamina is totally useless and you can use a different extra slot unit or armor that doesn't have a STA boost.

mvffin
Aug 4, 2009, 05:08 PM
It might be just luck, but I have 28 STA and have yet to be killed by Jarba/Carriguine/Venas Megid after hundreds of shots. Female Beast AF(14) + Armas(4) + Hizeri (10).

Motherbrain/Grass Assassins/Gol Dolvas still stun me pretty often, and occasionally I get frozen by Ardites, and it seems like 50/50 chance of confuse from Carriguines.

Magus_84
Aug 4, 2009, 06:58 PM
I think some attacks completely ignore Stamina, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the sleep orbs from Komazli.

And by "ignore Stamina", I mean "still able to be inflicted with sleep as a Human female AT using De Colte Line". While no other SE usually gets through.

Blue Dragon
Aug 6, 2009, 01:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think i've got it, so end is stamina, it helps against magic used on you from enemies, but the problem is im playing offline and the best i can get is end +15, shinowa line +3 and whitill wings (which don't give you lvl 3 hp restore offline), but the shinowa line hasn't got an unit slot for body so can't use any of the resist ie freeze, sleep,stun. so is it worth having them on to help against bal sozas, grass assassins, gaozorans etc. so can anyone tell me the best offline armour and units to help combat against and is it worth getting your end up lol end/stamina up to fight against them ???

Magus_84
Aug 6, 2009, 06:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think i've got it, so end is stamina, it helps against magic used on you from enemies, but the problem is im playing offline and the best i can get is end +15, shinowa line +3 and whitill wings (which don't give you lvl 3 hp restore offline), but the shinowa line hasn't got an unit slot for body so can't use any of the resist ie freeze, sleep,stun. so is it worth having them on to help against bal sozas, grass assassins, gaozorans etc. so can anyone tell me the best offline armour and units to help combat against and is it worth getting your end up lol end/stamina up to fight against them ???

Haven't played offline much at all.

Generally speaking, if you're only up against one status in a mission (like say, something heavy with Grass Assassins), use the /Resist that fits. If you're up against several in one mission, try the STA setup.

Megadeth
Aug 18, 2009, 05:50 PM
i dont know what the end thing is for on your line shield someone please tell me

Allison_W
Aug 18, 2009, 05:52 PM
It increases your STA (STatus Abnormality resistance) attribute, which determines how likely you are to be affected by an adverse condition on an enemy attack, such as being set on fire, frozen, stunned, instantly KO'd, etc.

Megadeth
Aug 18, 2009, 05:54 PM
so if its higher then it like have a Vijerina / Resist? so for example its like if a megid hits you will have a higher chance of not dieing instantly

Allison_W
Aug 18, 2009, 06:00 PM
so if its higher then it like have a Vijerina / Resist? so for example its like if a megid hits you will have a higher chance of not dieing instantly

Yeah, like that. I dunno about anyone else, but a big fat STA boost is something I like to have if I'm going to be getting shot at by Deljaban swarms, right behind a full stack of scapes.

Megadeth
Aug 18, 2009, 06:04 PM
true true but you never know XD because my end is 22 now =3

Tetsaru
Aug 18, 2009, 06:06 PM
No offense, but I see WAAAY too many threads on these forums asking what STA and END are... this should be common knowledge about this game by now. =x

Megadeth
Aug 18, 2009, 06:07 PM
yea i know alot but thats the only thing i really dont know x-x i remember someone told me then i forgot (i haves really bad memorys)

str898mustang
Aug 18, 2009, 06:51 PM
De Colte Line = Megid Immune(lvl 1, lvl 2, and lvl 3, I've tested it)

Gibdozer
Aug 21, 2009, 01:33 PM
De Colte Line = Megid Immune(lvl 1, lvl 2, and lvl 3, I've tested it)

I've died from lvl 3 Megid with decolte line while testing its effectiveness. To the armors credit though I took several of them before it got me. It sure hurts when you take a normal hit though, works well for classes with high eva, but brawlers can forget it!

Genoa
Aug 21, 2009, 05:32 PM
If you're in a mission that only has one really negative status ailment that you need to avoid (sleep, freeze, stun) then you can just wear a Resist and put something else in your last slot, like PP generate or HP restore.
If megid is an additional problem, then please get the extra STA you can, unless you have v/resist...

You also have to play it by what class you are, if you're a gunner or a techer that stays back from most attacks and you're playing in party, you can avoid a decent amount of Status ailments. Personally I'm enjoying Hize/PP Generates additional +10 PP per tick, I only wear a STA unit if lots of Megid is involved, Jarba's excluded since they're, for the most part, easy to avoid.

EDIT: Of course, casts are excluded, paradi your pants off plz.

Hrith
Aug 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
Even non-hindering ailments like Virus, Poison, Silence, Burn, Shock or Confuse make an STA unit better than any other extra unit.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 22, 2009, 01:48 AM
Of course, casts are excluded, paradi your pants off plz.
And then weep as Paradi's stamina gets nerfed from 5 to 3...

Genoa
Aug 22, 2009, 03:02 AM
Even non-hindering ailments like Virus, Poison, Silence, Burn, Shock or Confuse make an STA unit better than any other extra unit.

Really? Because I would think it would be cheaper to pop a Sol Atomizer than pop more mates or charges
:-?

And then weep as Paradi's stamina gets nerfed from 5 to 3...

Yeah... well, can't wait to use the Burst SUV's anyways, I miss Rafal.

Hrith
Aug 22, 2009, 07:16 AM
Well, the time wasted using a Sol Atomizer and the damage incurred from those ailments, whether directly (it's nearly impossible to use a Sol Atomizer before Burn ticks at least once) or indirectly is enough to null whatever any other extra unit would do, especially HP Restore ones.

I never noticed a difference in PP usage whether I'm using Hize / PP Generate or not (used it as Gunmaster and Fighgunner), my weapons empty just as fast =/

When I play my human female as FI or AF, with 14 and 15 base STA, respectively, Castest/Armas Line and Hizeri / Stamina, those other ailments rarely come into play, but as Gunmaster with 10~11 less STA, getting burned by every single attack can be a huge pain (lol missiles and exploding robots).

Paradi's stamina is getting nerfed to 3 (biggest nerf to casts ever), but don't all the Burst units also have only 3 STA?

The_Brimada
Aug 22, 2009, 07:54 AM
Yes, bursts units have 3 sta as well.

Genoa
Aug 22, 2009, 02:04 PM
Well I haven't used Hize/PP Generate on Gunmaster, and seeing their firing rate for expelling PP seems significantly higher than Masterforce, perhaps it wouldn't seem worth it.
However on Masterforce, it definitely made an impact on how often I use charges. It also helped a lot on Acrofighter.

And yeah, the Bursts all have 3 STA, but who's going to want to use the same old boring Paradi after we get pimped out versions of the classic suvs?

Gen2000
Aug 22, 2009, 02:58 PM
Burn/Virus/Poison/Confuse aren't that big of a deal to me. Shock/Silence are only slightly annoying in a certain situations.

i.e. Shock: When using first person view vs. Dimma. If you get hit with his rocks and are shocked it throws you out of FPV, wasting time on some shots that could have been used to knock him out of the air faster.

Silence: For MF/FTs (duh), if you're tank nuking some Vandas in Awoken Serpent, being silence disturbs the flow of your 'zonde tech spam that keeps them stun locked.

I really like Hize/PP Generate on my AF, I noticed a big difference. During StD I couldn't even solo the Ragan mission with my AF because I would be out of PCs by the time I got to the boss portal. I wish I had it back then. I also like it on MF since Pushans burn through PP very fast. I noticed they are lasting longer before I need to pop a PC in them.

Not really a need for it on my GM, she never runs has any issues with PCs anyways unless I use KS solo in Desert Goliath S3.

xRedd206x
Sep 6, 2009, 04:41 PM
Do you guys think its helpful? Or doesn't really matter?

garjian
Sep 6, 2009, 05:48 PM
Sta increases the effectiveness of Monomates and Dimates... im not sure if theres anything else...

END isnt Sta either...

Dhylec
Sep 6, 2009, 08:28 PM
Sta increases the effectiveness of Monomates and Dimates... im not sure if theres anything else...

END isnt Sta either...
Either you're joking or completely missed out the replies from earlier.
STAmina is ENDurance, they appear at different places in the game, but both are about your resistance/endurance to status effects.

Gibdozer
Sep 8, 2009, 03:20 PM
Do you guys think its helpful? Or doesn't really matter?

Yes, high sta/end is very helpful! Anyone who tells you otherwise is frozen, burning, sleeping, incapacitated, or seriously confused!