PDA

View Full Version : Mega sized Megaman chart.

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 4, 2009, 12:57 AM
Anyone who has ever liked Megaman (that should be all of you) will get a kick out of this chart that shows the blue bombers 23 year history.:-o

:-D

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/snow_infernus/large/35392eb7f780286707827758a22bfffb.jpg?v=258750

Retehi
Aug 4, 2009, 01:00 AM
That is just unnecessarily big, and badly put together. :/

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 4, 2009, 01:10 AM
That is just unnecessarily big, and badly put together. :/

I think it's pretty awesome. Did you even bother looking at it?
The Horizontal lines represent years and the columns represent type of megaman game.
Starting with the original Megaman's, Megaman X games, Megaman legend games, and so on and son. I don't see how it can be unnecessarily big when it's a chart that is supposed to show the history of every single Megaman game ever released nor how it was badly put together.
Also, it isn't fan made Capcom made it.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/08/03/complete_mega_man_game_history

Somnia
Aug 4, 2009, 01:30 AM
Actually, I don't like Megaman at all. I find quite amazing to see just how much and how long Capcom has milked the franchise.

darkante
Aug 4, 2009, 08:33 AM
I guess it made decently enough.

I´m a big fan of Rockman myself (not so much for Network/Starforce serie), but it kinda badly put in as others say.
I feel the chart is too focused on single titles and is too wide or it´s too blurry in a sensible zoom out.

Ohh well.

Dragwind
Aug 4, 2009, 08:38 AM
I love the series, and I absolutely love the X series.
While it's an alright chart, it's way too big. Maybe it would be good as a poster though.

amtalx
Aug 4, 2009, 09:21 AM
Kind of interesting. Makes me feel old though. :disapprove:

goldbrease
Aug 4, 2009, 11:43 AM
kinda nifty, but really could have been done better.
I remember the 2 team games were made at the same time and then the next year the doubled up ds version came out.
also i'm very suprised capcom included alot of there japanese merchandise that they never brought state side. that little lcd battle chip thing looked nifty but we never got the fun version jp got that actually plugged into the game boy. or the arcade stations!

Zarode
Aug 4, 2009, 11:49 AM
Actually, I don't like Megaman at all. I find quite amazing to see just how much and how long Capcom has milked the franchise.

With that logic, do you hate Mario and Sonic, too?

Calsetes
Aug 4, 2009, 12:26 PM
I always liked Mega Man. The only games I wasn't a big fan of though were the Battle Network games, the Star Force games (they just seemed.... awkward to me, somehow), and anything else that was a bit like that. I loved the originals, the X series (and their derivatives, like Zero, ZX, ZX Advent), and Legends. Other than that, I can't think of any other Mega Man series I like.

This reminds me though - if you DO like Mega Man, then I'd say check out this guy's Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/brentalfloss). If you go under his "With Lyrics" series, there's some good stuff there, and I think he has a specific Mega Man section with some of those songs on there. A bit inappropriate for work, but still a good laugh.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 4, 2009, 01:05 PM
This reminds me though - if you DO like Mega Man, then I'd say check out this guy's Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/brentalfloss). If you go under his "With Lyrics" series, there's some good stuff there, and I think he has a specific Mega Man section with some of those songs on there. A bit inappropriate for work, but still a good laugh.
I love it.

Yeah, the chart was a big hueg. Too huge.

Screw you guys, I loved the Battle Network series. Except past 4 it got kinda bleh. 2 and 3 were the best.

X series is still my favorite. Always. Though, fuck 6. That shit was way too hard. FUCK YOU GATE, FUCK YOU.

Star Force series, meh. It's alright, but too easy. Little awkward in battles too, but it's not too bad.

Zorafim
Aug 4, 2009, 01:41 PM

Probably Final Fantasy and Castlevania too.

darkante
Aug 4, 2009, 01:54 PM
Also, no matter what anyone says.
Rockman Dash/Megaman Legends 1 & 2 kicksass!
Missadventure of Tron Bonne also is nice.

Kinda wished to see the Bonne family in another great sequel/prequel. =/

And also, alot more mini-dungeons, hopefully randomly generated as well.
(That would like be made of total win :D)
And bring back Hyper Shell, that shit is teh bomb literally. :D

But even i know that another game won´t come out for a long time. =(

Calsetes
Aug 4, 2009, 03:15 PM
In reverse order...

Probably Final Fantasy and Castlevania too.

I hate Final Fantasy. Yeah, it was good when it was still somewhat original. I liked 7 and 8 (FF7 was the first game I owned for my original Playstation, and the first FF game since FF1 on the NES), but everything else is just uninteresting to me. It's a bit like Madden - you have the same exact stuff, name it a bit different, make the tackle function from a button to a stick, and sell it for $50 (well, $60 now) the next year. If you like it, good for you - I'm just not a fan. Go ahead and burn me at the stake for saying that.

Castlevania's good though, as long as it isn't Judgement, or whatever the Wii fighting game is called. Castlevania should have vampires, upgrades, and you know, PLOT. Not just "Hey, there's a guy in this arena! I WANNA KILL HIM!"

I love it.

Screw you guys, I loved the Battle Network series. Except past 4 it got kinda bleh. 2 and 3 were the best.

Star Force series, meh. It's alright, but too easy. Little awkward in battles too, but it's not too bad.

Happy you liked it. I tried the Battle Network games, I just didn't like them too much for whatever reason. I do like the Gamecube version though - maybe it's the lack of old-school Mega Man style gameplay? I never tried Starforce or whatever though, that looked like it might be another rehash of Battle Network, and I wasn't too keen on that. Plus, Mega Man IS Mega Man, he's not like Batman or Superman or any other superhero where they just decide, "I think I'll put on a costume and fight evil today. Yesterday I defeated the evil paperboy of doom, the milkman of despair, and HomelessMan. Who's next!?!?" Doesn't he do that in Star Force, where it's some alien-fragment-thingy and he "turns" into Mega Man?

My info's probably extremely wrong, but whatever. I have too many other games on my plate any time soon for me to worry about DS games, which I don't usually play anymore anyway.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 4, 2009, 03:37 PM
Old school this, traditional that. Not everything can stay the same. Sometimes original game play is good, sometimes a little changing is good. I thought Battle Network was for the better, because it had plenty of re playability.

Star Force, he merges with some alien and becomes Mega Man. I thought that was odd too, but I let it slide, because it's still a good game overall.

Somnia
Aug 4, 2009, 04:29 PM

Most of their spinoff/sports/whatever games, yes.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 4, 2009, 04:34 PM
So you just hate anything popular. :roll:

Jaspaller
Aug 4, 2009, 07:25 PM
That thing is gigantic. Doing a real number on my poor computer. I've always been a fan of megaman. Love almost all of the various series'. Just finished battle network 6 100% too actually. I do hate some of the spin-off games (Megaman Soccer comes to mind).
Where's my megaman legends 3 already Inafune!? Been waiting years for it.

Somnia
Aug 4, 2009, 11:01 PM
So you just hate anything popular. :roll:

Quite the wrong conclusion there, sir. :)

Nitro Vordex
Aug 4, 2009, 11:38 PM
Quite the wrong conclusion there, sir. :)
Then prove me wrong. ;o

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 4, 2009, 11:42 PM
Then prove me wrong. ;o

OH NOE HE DIDENT :-o

Somnia
Aug 4, 2009, 11:59 PM
Then prove me wrong. ;o

Well, I could list a number of popular IPs that I like but that's a waste of everyone's time.

So I will simply mention that I do enjoy BK Burger Shots, which happen to be popular, though completely irrelevant. Just had a six pack a couple hours ago, shit was so cash.

goldbrease
Aug 5, 2009, 02:46 AM
weres my zero5 zx3 and legends 3?!

Calsetes
Aug 5, 2009, 10:29 AM
Where's Mega Man X9? I mean, come on... we got Mega Man IX, right? WE NEED A NEW X GAME!!!

Dunno why I always liked the X series so much, maybe it went with more of a serious look than the original Mega Man?

(Also, I know they need to update and modernize themselves, but making a Mega Man game that's not a platformer is just a little awkward in my book. Maybe that's why I didn't like X7 too much? I hated the way it was set up, and how you had to UNLOCK X TO USE HIM. I mean, it's "Mega Man X [number]," not "Mega Man X.....'s friend Zero and his new buddy Axel." Legends is still a platformer to me, since you do still jump from platform to platform, but that's about it.)

Leviathan
Aug 5, 2009, 12:05 PM
I liked the originals, ZX, and the Zero series the best.

Brb printing chart and nailing it onto my wall.

Monochrome
Aug 6, 2009, 02:31 PM
Mmm Megaman X9 as-a-hand-drawn-16bit-2D-sidescroller-on-Wiiware/PSN/Xbox Live sounds good right about now..

or even 32-bit as long as they don't cheese out and render washed out backgrounds.

Why is there no 'next-gen' quality MM title????

Cool chart btw, but I wish there were maybe a couple diff ones, divided by territory and/or excluding duplicates (like pc ports).. either way I now know what to re-wallpaper the dining room with..

*color ink cartridge is low*

:/

Nitro Vordex
Aug 6, 2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, bring me a Megaman X9. Go back to Megaman X3 style.

Calsetes
Aug 6, 2009, 02:50 PM
I will say this about the newer installments in the X series, and feel free to disagree:

I loved X4, mainly because not only did it have much better graphics than X 1-3, but because it had anime cutscenes in it (and I mean full-fledged animated "taken straight from a TV show" cutscenes, not this still images with MAYBE a voiceover crap). If they went that method, it'd be cool. If they HAD to make it 3d for whatever reason, then I say go with how they did it in X8. It may not have exactly emulated the older style of X games, but at least it was 3d graphics, 2d movement and approach to it, had NO ducking (please, ducking? Mega Man don't duck, the bullets know to move around him), and had voiceovers and movies. It may have changed a bit with the whole "go in teams of two" thing, and I wish they still let you use the different armor pieces without getting the whole suit, and I wish they didn't have a "shoot-'em-up" stage, but aside from that, everything else was pretty well done. I could be happy with a Mega Man X9 like that.

goldbrease
Aug 6, 2009, 03:57 PM
althoe i didn't mind in x7 when the game fliped you from side scrolling to mmlegends type 3d levels, it really only worked with axel or megaman, zero had to get to close to everything and with the 3d it was way harder to use his saber to block attacks. the anoying part was the masive 360 degree 3d arenas for boss fights. come on that was not needed, espeshily for sigma's giants robo body.

I never finished x8, i rented it, killed a few bosses, and then had to return it. i didn't really like that i had to find upgrade units and items in the levels for my guys, and then had to purchase them in the stupid shop! you make me fly threw a flipping maze of spike floors and cielings to get a new saber or gun or blaster for my guys and then have to collect 30k money bolts or scrap or whatever it was you wanted for me to get it from the stupid shop?!

Zarode
Aug 6, 2009, 04:06 PM
Most of their spinoff/sports/whatever games, yes.

Dear god, a straight question that gets a straight answer? No bitching, crying, reporting to mods, or anything?

My mind is blown.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 6, 2009, 04:55 PM
Dear god, a straight question that gets a straight answer? No bitching, crying, reporting to mods, or anything?

My mind is blown.
There's hope for this forum yet.

goldbrease
Aug 6, 2009, 04:56 PM

My mind is blown.

I thought your mind was already blown?

Calsetes
Aug 7, 2009, 08:29 AM
You make me fly through a flipping maze of spike floors and ceilings to get a new saber or gun or blaster for my guys and then have to collect 30k money bolts or scrap or whatever it was you wanted for me to get it from the stupid shop?!

The trick to that one was getting that thing where you got metal as you walked, then run against a wall and rubberband the stick all night. Come back, you got more bling than Uncle Pennybags with hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place, and can buy all those cool little toys.

Rei-San
Aug 8, 2009, 03:22 PM
I love Megaman. :D I'm a huge fan of the EXE. Series. This chart, although big, would make a good poster. :3

UnderscoreX
Aug 9, 2009, 11:31 AM
I've always liked the music a hell of a lot more than the actual games.

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 9, 2009, 02:41 PM

My mind is blown.

I feel ya man.
I now require a change of pants.:disapprove:

Kent
Aug 9, 2009, 03:08 PM
Milking has such a negative connotation, though. For the record, a lot of the more recent Mega Man games have actually been pretty good - possibly because they stopped making sub-par Mega Man X games and finally killed off the Battle Network series (though, it's technically still living on, I think Battle Network 4 was the signal that things needed to stop).

I always liked Mega Man. The only games I wasn't a big fan of though were the Battle Network games, the Star Force games (they just seemed.... awkward to me, somehow), and anything else that was a bit like that. I loved the originals, the X series (and their derivatives, like Zero, ZX, ZX Advent), and Legends. Other than that, I can't think of any other Mega Man series I like.
It's pretty understandable that someone who really liked the side-scrolling action-based Mega Man games might not like Battle Network and Star Force. Though there is still an action core to the gameplay (in battles), there's also a really heavy emphasis on strategy.

That's not to say that traditional Mega Man action isn't strategic, but rather, the focus was on the action, instead.

I haven't really been exposed to an overall sub-series of Mega Man that I didn't mostly enjoy (there were a few that didn't quite live up to the name).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykkdvYThT_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL30lU26egw
:wacko:

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 9, 2009, 03:18 PM
Megaman X was the first game I ever played. I eventually started loving everything Megaman.
If they make a new Megaman X game like Megaman 9, used the old school 16-bit style from X-X3 but made a new game altogether, I would buy (or download) the day it comes out like I did Megaman 9.

Rubius-sama
Aug 9, 2009, 05:16 PM
Megaman X4 is my favourite. It had some really nice anime cut-scenes as well as great music. A decent storyline too.

Megaman Legends (1) was also a memorable game. I remember buying that game twice.

I've seen Megaman X6 and they did away with the anime cut-scenes, so that tells me they're sacrificing quality.

Shadowpawn
Aug 9, 2009, 05:54 PM

My mind is blown.

Blown brains are highly contiguous, may I ask you keep the blowing of your brains to a confined area away from social forums. Thank you. ;(

goldbrease
Aug 9, 2009, 06:02 PM
Blown brains are highly contiguous, may I ask you keep the blowing of your brains to a confined area away from social forums. Thank you. ;(

agreed, blown brains make a very big mess that is very hard to clean up.

Lance813
Aug 9, 2009, 06:55 PM
Megaman Legends. Oh how I love you. :wacko:

Dhylec
Aug 9, 2009, 08:56 PM
Nice chart, but could be better.
I'd go re/play some Megaman if I have time.