PDA

View Full Version : Of all the... pay attention!

dropslash
Feb 21, 2003, 08:57 AM
So after getting addicted playing a few times with me, a friend of mine just bought PSO and made her first character, an Oran RAcaseal (no influence there, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif). So she's out in the forest, first time ever with her brand new lv 1 character and after clearing the first area of boomba's, she's off through the door and into the next area... and what falls from the sky? That's right, an Al Rappy, the first rappy of of a brand new game and it's blue.

Me : "WAIT, DON'T SHOO..!"
Her: *blam!*... what?

and off it goes.

Me: "Nooooooooooooooo!"
Her: "That was a blue one, wasn't it?"

Hopefully this won't set the tone for the rest of her game. Just thought i'd share.

CGoodness
Feb 21, 2003, 09:45 AM
that exact same thing happened when i let my friend start a character and wemplayed multiplayer but sionce i wanted the experience i decided to be a dick and just kill it in one hit cuz i was lvl 49 at the time also when both my other friend and i were lvl 1 and we had just bought the game, we saw an al rappy and thought it was a normal enemie so my friend somehow killed it and then i noticed he got 80 experience and im like WTF was that lol

Sasarai
Feb 21, 2003, 02:37 PM
My first rare enemy was a Nar Lily, since I was so far away I couldn't see it clearly and just killed it from afar. (No mishaps with rare enemies, yet.)

Though I'm sure if I saw an Al Rappy as my first Rappy I'd shoot it from far away and kick myself shortly after.

thewiredknight
Feb 21, 2003, 03:20 PM
You guys are lucky, I still have yet to see a rare creature. Although that is funny about the newbie just blasting it to kingdom come on first sighting.

goaliedude10
Feb 21, 2003, 03:44 PM
I still haven't seen a rare enemy and he sees one at level one! *Kicks self*

Tekershee
Feb 21, 2003, 06:28 PM
Newbie Question. So what do you do if you do see a Blue Rappy?

I've had this game for the DC just never saw a rare rappy. Saw a Red Slime though.

MadCowChuck_
Feb 21, 2003, 06:35 PM
I've never seen an Pal Rappy, I have found an al rappy, though (and in challenge mode...in all the #&@!ing places)...but from experience, I can say...

GET NEXT TO IT BEFORE YOU SHOOT!
(In other words, let it get up first)

Yeah, or get ready to zonde the hell out of it when it runs.

If you do get up next to it, guard it with your life, wait til it gets up, then zonde or shoot it again. Rare items abound!

GandorDurin
Feb 21, 2003, 06:39 PM
If you're a weak character (Under level 10) and come across a blue Rappy, don't shoot it from too far away. If you're a Hunter, use only the first or second swing of the combo, and try to attack it from the side or back. If you're a Ranger, just get relatively close, making sure you can get at least one shot off before it pecks you. If you're a Force, just use Foie, I think that works on them...

The first time I ever played offline multiplayer (Which was the second time I ever played the game) an Al Rappy killed me and then got scared off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Drayma
Feb 21, 2003, 07:12 PM
If you see a blue rappy mail a high level to join you, ;P.

LamerPanda
Feb 21, 2003, 07:40 PM
I've seen 3 Al Rappies under level 10. ;_;

I did a million forest runs to try to get an Inferno Bazooka with one character I had. When I made a new character, I'd do one or two runs and find an Al Rappy on one of them.

2 of those times I was level 7, and the other one I'm pretty sure I was around there. Sort of strange.

OdinTyler
Feb 21, 2003, 09:43 PM
Ok hows this for funny? Ive been playing since DC V1. Between V1&2, I finally managed to see every rare enemy (once, naturally) except one: Al Rappy. Well, a while into having the GC version & 1 of my chars was just making a 1st run through Hard & I saw 3 rappies (in the distance was an Al Rappy). Like an idiot, I shot at it from far away, knowing all I have to do is hit it again & it will drop whatever (I didnt feel like waiting LOL). Anyway (luckily), it started running toward me & I got over my idiocy quickly. Panicked over the thought of losing it, I kept shooting, shooting, shooting...
luckily, right near me it dropped a rare (THANK GOD, I thought). If I recall, it was Last Survivor (& a pretty good wep, it is, too). Thank you, noble Al Rappy. For thy sacrifice, my HUcaseal thanks thee... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Getintothegame
Feb 21, 2003, 10:06 PM
Ack! I was going to post this just now... I won a Used gamecube, and lent it to my friend. He got pso for it, and played multiplayer with me later. Fifth enemy he fought was an Al Rappy...

Beat the crap outta him, and got a.... STAR ATOMIZER!

Vic_Viper
Feb 21, 2003, 10:17 PM
Only saw "big Al" once in V1 .... That was online I think .... I also got pal rappy several times online and offline in v2 ult .... I'm Grennill btw

Zealot
Feb 21, 2003, 10:57 PM
Rappys make me laugh. Especially when they beat me up in Ultimate. Plus Im still waiting to see an Al Rappy at level 98! AHHHH!

Soul_Raven
Feb 22, 2003, 03:06 AM
Kindof the same thing happened to me when my brothers and first got the game for GC. We get to forest 2 and encounter an Al rappy. I was the first to die because I ran out of monomates trying to keep my bros from getting hit. The rappy took out my brothers one after the other as they were going through the menu to use a moon atomizer on me. It was sad because we were all hunters.

Maelkith
Feb 22, 2003, 03:16 AM
some of my innumerable characters have been really lucky. i made 2 identical racasts for different versions. the were of the same name. they both got al rapies the first time in offline forest.

another bit of stupidity was never seeing a hildeblue in the 1500 plus hours of ver1 and ver2. i had 200 hours on my primary character on gc and still no hildeblue. as soon as i delete a hucaseal i was working on and create a fomar the little fart gets a hildeblue in normal forest. i raised him as fast as possible and used the pipe trick to get an angel harp.

my primary character never gets rare enemies in episode 1. he does however see an inordinate amount of rare enemies in version 2. 5 christmas presents took little effort.