PDA

View Full Version : Mag feeding guides

Shotgun100
Aug 8, 2009, 10:35 AM
Been looking at making a SATO mag & been racking my brains on how to figure out the feeding guides but no luck understanding them... can someone maybe shed some light for me plz?

Maybe i,m getting to old:-?

Somnia
Aug 8, 2009, 11:38 AM
What exactly are you having trouble with? The guides are very simple to follow.

Shotgun100
Aug 8, 2009, 12:10 PM
Looking to SATO pow mag but i only found a step by step feeding guide for a MIND i need to know wot to feed it & when to feed it & with wot Section ID?

Somnia
Aug 8, 2009, 01:19 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1024

After level 100 only feed it Dimates.

deso123
Aug 8, 2009, 01:27 PM
At level 100 the MAG's stats should be "def + dex = pow + mind" and fed with a FO female who has the section ID of VIRIDIA, BLUEFULL, REDRIA, or WHITILL.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 8, 2009, 04:29 PM
Well, raising mags itself is kind of complicated, and often involves trial and error.

First of all, if you're making a power mag, then you need to have a female force of the section ID mentioned above (Viridia, Bluefull, Redira, or Whitill.) This does not need to be the character that uses the mag, all that character has to do is feed the mag one time to level it from 99 to 100. After that the mag will always be a Sato no matter who feeds it or wears it.

Also, at level 100, your mag will turn into a Sato if and only if its DEF and DEX stats add up to 50, and its power and mind stats add up to 50. For a power mag, it should have 0 mind and 50 power. For dex and def, you probably won't be able to give it 45 dex and 5 mind, but give it as much dex as possible and as little def as possible. If can't get those stats right at lvl 100, you can do the same at every multiple of 10 after that, 110, 120, etc, but it means less power in total.

Lastly, it doesn't matter what mags it becomes before it turns into a Sato, it's just that different mags get different stats from different items, which can make it confusing to feed, because you feed it one thing to get it's power up, then it changes, and suddenly that item increases mind. All mags get power from mates, and they either get power form Sol Atomizers or Moon Atomizers, so just feed it those for power. For dex, either Antidotes or Antiparalysis. Remember, until they reach lvl 100, you want it to have almost as much dex as power, and you'll probably end up with about 42 dex and 50 power.

Shotgun100
Aug 8, 2009, 10:10 PM
Thx for the help guys i,ll give it a try.

Hunter or Force of any section id should feed dimates to increase pow to 49. The mag will probably evolve at level 95 when pow = dex. Dimates should still be used.

Now i use a FO to POW to lvl 50 then which char do i carry on with to feed it to lvl 100?

Shotgun100
Aug 9, 2009, 08:26 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1024

After level 100 only feed it Dimates.

So at lvl 49 POW with the HU or FO then use the FOnewearl to up POW by 1 to 50 then do i carry on with the FO or do i got back to the original RA?

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 9, 2009, 02:45 PM
So at lvl 49 POW with the HU or FO then use the FOnewearl to up POW by 1 to 50 then do i carry on with the FO or do i got back to the original RA?

It makes absolutely no difference after that. Like I said, it will always be a Sato after that, so it will never change, and it gets the same stats no matter who feeds it.

Shotgun100
Aug 10, 2009, 12:56 AM
Ok another thing i gave it the last Antiparaylis to take it to lvl 50 & it change to a Kaitabha like the guide said it would.... then i started feeding it again with Anti to take DEX to 45, but the 1st lvl of anti i gave it, it evolved into a garuda, but the guide said it should,nt change into that until DEX is 45 & POW 49 before passing it over to a FOnewearl or FOmarl....
Does this mean it will not evolve to a SATO?

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 10, 2009, 02:04 AM
Reread my post, I state clearly in the 3rd paragraph that it doesn't matter what the mag becomes, all that matters is that it has the correct stats and that the correct character gives it the item that makes it into lvl 100.

Whenever a mag is a level that is a multiple of 5, (it ends in 5 or 0) then it will change to whatever mag corresponds with the class and ID of the character that feeds it, and the level and stats of the mag. Each of these kinds of mags get different amount of stats from different items, and if you're concerned that you have the wrong kind of mag, you can just feed it with a different character when it's a lvl that's a multiple of 5, and it will change. The exception to this rule is special mags like the Sato, as the Sato will never change after it becomes a Sato.

Let me repeat though, the only things that affect whether a mag will be a Sato is its level, whether its stats fulfill the requirements, and the class and ID of the character. The previous forms of the mag DO NOT affect what it can become.

The reason the guides are so specific is for people who are too lazy or unfamiliar with the mag system to just look at the feeding charts and special mag guide and figure out how they want to raise the mag themselves. There is A LOT more flexibility than the guides suggest.

Shotgun100
Aug 10, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hi m8 another prob.... everytime i log back in now the mag changes back to the Kaitabha, how come?

& now Antiparaylis is moving the DEX only DEF???

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 10, 2009, 04:12 PM
Well one reason could be that you're not saving, though I wouldn't assume that.

What is possible is that as you level the mag, its Dex exceeds its Pow or vice versa, which gives it a different ratio of stats which makes different mags. The same class and ID will get a different mag if that mag has stats such that Dex > Pow > Mind vs. Pow > Dex > Mind. Again, don't be concerned about what forms a mag takes before it changes to a special mag, it doesn't affect it.

Well, different mags do get different stats from different items. I really wish you'd read my posts more carefully, I say either antiparalysis or antidotes give it dex. If Antiparalysis don't give it dex, then give it antidotes.

Shotgun100
Aug 10, 2009, 07:27 PM
Ok thx m8

Shotgun100
Aug 17, 2009, 11:30 AM
Ok another prob built my mag up to 5/16/45/0 all going well until i got disconnected, now i log back in & the stats have changed to 8/16/39/0 will this mean i haved to start from scratch again to make a SATO?

Thx in advance Shotgun :-(

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 18, 2009, 06:34 AM
If you want and ideal mag with 5 def, yes since there is no way to remove levels. If you're asking if it's possible to obtain the correct levels with a feeding plan without unintentionally giving it the wrong levels, then no, it is still possible with a lot of monomates and dimates.

If you're asking if you've somehow voided your chances of making a Sato at all, and you want to know if that mag can ever be a Sato, then reread my posts, the answer is there.

Shotgun100
Aug 18, 2009, 08:40 AM
Well i,ve got it to lvl 95 now on dimates with stats 8/45/42/0 & its change to a Kama... oh well i give up with the SATO.

Thx for all your help Joe

Shotgun100
Aug 18, 2009, 09:57 AM
Damn it worked i got me a SATO thx again joe:D

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 18, 2009, 04:30 PM
Well i,ve got it to lvl 95 now on dimates with stats 8/45/42/0 & its change to a Kama... oh well i give up with the SATO.

Thx for all your help Joe

Damn it worked i got me a SATO thx again joe:D

Heh heh, see, remember how I said it doesn't matter what it becomes before it's a Sato? If it's not listed on the special mag guide on this site, then it's not relevant to making special mags. I've made 9 special mags, so by trial and error I've found out how it works.

This is the all knowing guide: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031