PDA

View Full Version : Price Check gudda igga 31% 0/10

TecherRamen
Aug 9, 2009, 06:01 PM
just curious as to the worth of this weapon

Aeris
Aug 9, 2009, 07:19 PM
Probly around 45-50 million, price check on a 25% one was worth 30-40 million.

KaF
Aug 10, 2009, 05:12 AM
Well, they are S knuckles and without seriously high % and lack of other options there is no incentive to use them as protranser, the totally dominated fortefighter and wartecher. Only three classes that are rarely played can use them.

They are new and rare, so the hype value should be around 10 to 20 mill, leaning more towards the upper end. But their true value should be pretty close to their NPC value.

Neith
Aug 10, 2009, 07:50 AM
Well, they are S knuckles and without seriously high % and lack of other options there is no incentive to use them as protranser, the totally dominated fortefighter and wartecher. Only three classes that are rarely played can use them.

They are new and rare, so the hype value should be around 10 to 20 mill, leaning more towards the upper end. But their true value should be pretty close to their NPC value.

I have to completely disagree with this. If you want to sell me an Igga for 60,000, I'll be glad to take you up on it. Fortefighter is still an amazing class and shouldn't be compared to Fighmaster because they're completely different. Protranser gets a lot of use out of Knuckles, because they have high ATA to assist PT's naturally low ATA, and WT can also make use of them (though I agree there aren't many WT players).

Igga is valued so much partly because it's new, but also because outside of Melan Knuckles (which aren't currently obtainable if you don't have any yet), they're the best S-Grade Knuckles. Single element hurts them a bit, but they're extremely useful during this GBR. Finally, to anyone who doesn't know; Igga inflicts Lv3 shock. One of my friends uses one, and almost every monster he hits gets shocked (aside from large monsters that are immune to the Status, obviously). They're incredibly useful weapons, and while the current value (40mil for a mid 20% one) is steep, GBR will drop it down. But saying their true value is NPC value? You gotta be kidding me.

KaF
Aug 10, 2009, 09:58 AM
Hi there. The upper part of this is a bit of topic and just my usual rant.

I have to completely disagree with this. If you want to sell me an Igga for 60,000, I'll be glad to take you up on it. Fortefighter is still an amazing class and shouldn't be compared to Fighmaster because they're completely different.

How can they be different when they do exactly the same? FF and FM are there to deal damage, which FM does a lot more efficiently. Nowadays FM trashes with its lightspeed while FF is still stuck finishing that dus robado started 5 weeks ago. A class amazing at sucking if you ask me. And yes: i have it maxed out and i always get sick when i play it again.

Protranser gets a lot of use out of Knuckles, because they have high ATA to assist PT's naturally low ATA, and WT can also make use of them (though I agree there aren't many WT players). [QUOTE=Neith;2351400]

As a PT i have never used knuckles in my whole life. I have always found shotgun or rising strike to be more convenient on single targets. I also focussed more on the range part of the spectrum. It is possible that i missed good spots for knuckles.
So far i have found only one target that is worth being knuckled and is it phenomenal: Ikk Hikk on mother brains main part after the arms are down. And that really is an amazing experience to see all those big numbers in such a short time.

[QUOTE=Neith;2351400]Igga is valued so much partly because it's new, but also because outside of Melan Knuckles (which aren't currently obtainable if you don't have any yet), they're the best S-Grade Knuckles. Single element hurts them a bit, but they're extremely useful during this GBR. Finally, to anyone who doesn't know; Igga inflicts Lv3 shock. One of my friends uses one, and almost every monster he hits gets shocked (aside from large monsters that are immune to the Status, obviously). They're incredibly useful weapons, and while the current value (40mil for a mid 20% one) is steep, GBR will drop it down. But saying their true value is NPC value? You gotta be kidding me.

We are talking about S knuckles (PT, WT and FF only) that average around 25% and are lightning only. They have absolutely no value when it comes to actually using them, not even on the bil de vears in the current event, since you always have some other weapon with 40%+ lying around that does the job more efficiently. I estimate that even your random 42% lightning gudda gant does the job better than this thing with its 20% or 30%.

Their value now comes from being new and being rare, that's why i say 10 or 20 million is appropriate ONLY because of this fact. I'm sure people are stupid enough to pay 40 or 50 million or more for the first drop, as seen with killer elites some weeks ago. That makes me question those peoples' sanity. It also shows the impact of luck in this game.

If you asked me, i'd say the true value should be around to 1-3 million in their 20%s for what they do gameplay wise. Only people with a palette full of 3/3 10% huge cutters and gudda skelas, acompanied by b'duki biso and some 3/8 neutral falclaw on their FF could seriously consider using this item. The extra millions _now_ come from the utility the buyer gains from being cool for having a new item (imho: from being irrational).

Just because the market price was 30 mill 2 days ago that doesn't mean it sells for that. My 27% Igga sold today for 12 mill, the 2nd one with 18,5 is still in there. And i underprice that hard to get rid of it before it approaches it's true value. That could be smart or could be totally stupid. I cannot tell for sure, since the population of this game is not exactly rational towards items.
It still feels like an 11 million scam, but who cares?

Just my cents without sense.

Neith
Aug 10, 2009, 10:26 AM
How can they be different when they do exactly the same? FF and FM are there to deal damage, which FM does a lot more efficiently.

fF has a hell of a lot more weapon choices. Twin Claws, for example are extremely useful weapons, capable of very high DPS. While WT can use S-Rank Twin Claws, fF does a lot more damage with them, having a higher PA level cap and much more base ATP. FM is better for the weapons it focuses on, but fF gives the variety and allows you to be a hell of a lot more versatile. Also, you can't forget that Fortefighter has access to ranged weapons (albeit only a handgun), whereas Fighmaster is just useless against some bosses. Likewise, I've played both classes extensively (I was fF on the day it was released and used it all the way until FM released. While I use FM at the moment, I would have no hesitation about switching back to fF for some missions, because it's far better in some situations.

Their value now comes from being new and being rare, that's why i say 10 or 20 million is appropriate ONLY because of this fact. I'm sure people are stupid enough to pay 40 or 50 million or more for the first drop, as seen with killer elites some weeks ago. That makes me question those peoples' sanity. It also shows the impact of luck in this game.

Firstly, I have a friend who uses these, so I don't consider anyone who buys them stupid. He actually bought them for the shock effect mainly, and does absolutely fine with them. Also, the fact you need what, 5 or 6 people to even get a CHANCE at getting an Igga in Stolen Weapon adds to its rarity. This GBR is not popular, and most of the lobbies are still really deserted- barely anyone is seriously running the missions. This drives up the value of GBR-exclusive drops. Igga will drop again in Mechanical Soldiers, but that's a party mission with a lot of irritating traps, so people will complain and get sick of it fast. Not everyone can use 40%+ weapons remember, especially with the ridiculous prices people charge for them.

On the subject of Killer Elites, their prices never really dropped much. They started at 80mil, and by the end of Delta they were still 60mil.

If you don't think Igga is worth much, that's your opinion, but calling anyone who buys one stupid isn't right, especially it's clearly a useful weapon.

Anyway, I'd rather not clog up this trade thread anymore, so let's just leave it at that.

TecherRamen
Aug 10, 2009, 11:58 AM
i just also want to point out about ff that Chikki = win. and also with knuckles bogga robado will pretty much pwn everything and anything. additionally if youre playing FF like its FM youre doing it wrong there are other weapons available to them so why rely on something that another class can do much better. an FF needs to exploit its myriad assortment of weapons IE knuckles. oh and as far as the % on these its pretty good considering boards wont be available for sometime, and the made ones that you can get from bruce S2 come with 33%.
Oh and youre right about the gudda gant. it is a little stronger. my 46% +6 gudda gant does about 100 damage more per hit of bogga robado than the 31% +0 igga. not realy all that much tho... Additionally. the shock on the igga is amazing. pretty much anything you touch cant attack you back. furthermore. PSO and now PSU have always been as much about gameplas as they are about sparkly weapons, keeping with that the Gudda igga looks downright badass whilst the gudda gant just looks kinda tired and uninspired.

KaF
Aug 10, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi

fF has a hell of a lot more weapon choices.

The problem to me is not the weapon choice. The real problem is that there is almost nothing that FF can do better than any other class. The heavy part of weapon selection is dominated by FM, the fast and one-hand part is dominated by AF. The only two things FF is best at is twin claws and knuckles. Using Knuckles basically forces you to be Beast for Gudda Hons to have the rainbow palette. Claws are problematic for a rainbow palette, too. So FF is best with two pretty troublesome weapons to specializie in.

Firstly, I have a friend who uses these, so I don't consider anyone who buys them stupid. He actually bought them for the shock effect mainly

That made me laugh. The shock effect? Interesting priority.

Also, the fact you need what, 5 or 6 people to even get a CHANCE at getting an Igga in Stolen Weapon adds to its rarity. This GBR is not popular, and most of the lobbies are still really deserted- barely anyone is seriously running the missions. This drives up the value of GBR-exclusive drops.

I think you got a point there. There are only few parties cycling the GBR. I wonder whether the increase in GBR % will "solve" this problem and make it drop more often. I don't expect the price to drop that much either. I do not expect the holders to sell it for much cheaper than 15 mill unless its going to drop more often. I just stated that the gameplay value is near 0 since there always is either a gudda gant or a better other weapon or a better class in general for this ominous situation where lightning knuckles could be good, which is still to be found.

On the subject of Killer Elites, their prices never really dropped much. They started at 80mil, and by the end of Delta they were still 60mil.

I brought that one up just to show how willing people are to waste millions of meseta on a slight improvement. The funny thing is that it is CAST only, which is no restriction since 99% of the population is CAST/Male anyways.

If you don't think Igga is worth much, that's your opinion, but calling anyone who buys one stupid isn't right, especially it's clearly a useful weapon.

I should rather have said, that those who buy such an item for 30+ mill are completely irrational.

Neith
Aug 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
i just also want to point out about ff that Chikki = win. and also with knuckles bogga robado will pretty much pwn everything and anything. additionally if youre playing FF like its FM youre doing it wrong there are other weapons available to them so why rely on something that another class can do much better. an FF needs to exploit its myriad assortment of weapons IE knuckles. oh and as far as the % on these its pretty good considering boards wont be available for sometime, and the made ones that you can get from bruce S2 come with 33%.
Oh and youre right about the gudda gant. it is a little stronger. my 46% +6 gudda gant does about 100 damage more per hit of bogga robado than the 31% +0 igga. not realy all that much tho... Additionally. the shock on the igga is amazing. pretty much anything you touch cant attack you back. furthermore. PSO and now PSU have always been as much about gameplas as they are about sparkly weapons, keeping with that the Gudda igga looks downright badass whilst the gudda gant just looks kinda tired and uninspired.

Thanks for clarifying what I said, people who think fF and FM are similar couldn't be more wrong. Just because fF also has Sword/Spear/Axe doesn't mean you play it like FM. Yes, you play for damage like FM does, but you can do it in a lot of different ways.

So, a +6 46% Gant does a little more damage? In my opinion, that shows the Igga is a decent weapon. I don't care what anyone else says, the Shock effect is enough of a reason to use this; anyone who says otherwise hasn't seen one in action. Almost every small/medium-sized monster you hit can't hit back with physical attacks. That alone is enough to make it a great weapon. It also has a decent PP pool, especially when compared to the Melan Knuckles which have low amounts of PP.

I guess people can argue all they like about how 'useless' this weapon is, but Fighmaster is not the only melee class in the game, and these Knuckles are extremely good for the classes that can use them. The only other Knuckles capable of being Lightning element (at S-Rank) are Gudda Skelac (worse stats than Igga, board isn't available now), Gudda Hon (beast-only, useless for anyone who isn't a Beast), Gudda Promoto (decent substitute, but looks boring and still has worse stats than Igga), Gudda Iggac (decent when grinded, but very few on market because no-one runs Bruce's Dungeon S anymore), and Melan Knuckles (ugly as hell, awful PP). Even if Igga was 20% I'd much rather take it over any of those knuckles I mentioned.

Finally, shiny factor is enough reason for some people to buy it- again,look at Killer Elite, and Cubo Simba. People bought those up even though they're barely any better than their 11* counterparts. Don't lower the value on a weapon just because it's 'outclassed' in your opinion. Hell, Shigga Pakuda is far outclassed by the Kubara version, but so many people use one just because it shoots shiny bullets.

KaF
Aug 10, 2009, 01:34 PM
Dude, you have to read my posts.

Thanks for clarifying what I said, people who think fF and FM are similar couldn't be more wrong. Just because fF also has Sword/Spear/Axe doesn't mean you play it like FM. Yes, you play for damage like FM does, but you can do it in a lot of different ways.

The role of FF and FM is the same, which makes them similar. I wonder how one cannot see that.
The weapon selection of FF imho has 4 parts. FM weapons, AF weapons, handgun, knuckles / twin claws. FF excels in the latter. For me thats not enough.

So, a +6 46% Gant does a little more damage?

We are talking about 100 damage per hit. OP did neither report the robado level nor the char level nor his race nor the enemy hit nor the usual damage etc. And robado 1 has 4 hits , so that makes 400 damage at least. Your standard player out there has troubles breaking the 1000 damage benchmark for whatever reason. So 100 damage PER HIT is pretty significant.

Finally, shiny factor is enough reason for some people to buy it- again,look at Killer Elite, and Cubo Simba. People bought those up even though they're barely any better than their 11* counterparts.

That is correct and a fact i will anticipate but never understand.

Don't lower the value on a weapon just because it's 'outclassed' in your opinion.

It's not my opinion. 30% on Igga in damage is lower than any 46% gudda gant in damage output, you read that. It's a fact. The shock effect is nice but close irrelevant since literally no shockable enemy in this game has enough HP to survive one combo of robado or whatever. The only 2 enemys that i can think of and that could be worth to try robado on are bil de vears and bead groodes.

Hell, Shigga Pakuda is far outclassed by the Kubara version, but so many people use one just because it shoots shiny bullets.

Of course, the shiny bullets. Grinding a Pakudac to the level where it "outclasses" a Pakuda costs you millions in grinders for a CHANCE and even more if you got bad luck. Many people are poor and forced take the safer route and buy a cheap Pakuda.
Maximizing no matter what it costs is one thing. I suggest using a Gudda Gant over whatever Gudda Igga drops. Getting a 46%+ Gant should cost you around 10 mill in materials maximum. Still peanuts when compared to the price of an Igga.

If you really think a weapon is worthless when there's a better version out, then I expect all the Gunners will sell their Love Infernos when Adahna Degahna Cannon releases, right? Somehow, I don't think so.

You have to stop and think. We talk about 20-30% Iggas.
Love Infernos and Adahna Degahnas do the exact same job, they can be used in almost any mission. Those are Lasers, the best weapons in the game. I dont know the exact increase, but it doesn't matter. I predict that EVERYONE in this game will be going for Adahna Degahna Cannon, since everyone is has at least one Gunmaster.

Igga is low% lightning only and thus very limited in its use. There is no justification for a high price except for the hype value of your typical [enter inappropriate word] thinking ZOMG I NEED THAT SHIAT.

That being said, this is my last post here. You brought up handguns and PP values in your argumentation, which is pretty irritating and shocking and tells me that we approach the game from completely different points. Plus, this discussion was about the value of Igga.
I still stick to my 10-20 mill. Everything above that can be considered a christmas present.

So the stoxx trading magazine of this week suggests: sell now. profit big.

TecherRamen
Aug 10, 2009, 02:20 PM
two words then. "efficiency" and "verstility" because you CAN'T switch between FM and AF on the fly.