PDA

View Full Version : GTA:Vice City, Hot, Or Not?

Recon
Feb 21, 2003, 11:28 AM
GTA:Vice City, Do you think this is a hot game, or a not? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 21, 2003, 11:29 AM
absolute pish. why anyone would want to play ANY GTA games is beyond me.

Kemon
Feb 21, 2003, 11:32 AM
i dont care for it that much but its good killing highjacking fun when you bord.

Nidarrock
Feb 21, 2003, 11:56 AM
While I thought GTA 3 was great, Vice City is a little boring. Think of VC as an expansion pack...with a s**tload of glitches and a horrible camera. I am just upset to see that it has garnered as much praise as it has. Sure it has decent graphics and one hell of a draw in. Currently I am trying to beat with 100%. Reason? Becuase I did buy it(when it came out) and I'm making sure I get my moneys worth. It is fun, especially with The Hunter.

BlackRose
Feb 21, 2003, 12:31 PM
If the games had come out in the oppsite order, it would be alright. Vice City just looks and plays worse than GTA3.

X-thirteen
Feb 21, 2003, 01:54 PM
On 2003-02-21 09:31, BlackRose wrote:
If the games had come out in the oppsite order, it would be alright. Vice City just looks and plays worse than GTA3.

by looks do you mean the whole 80's theme or the graphics? because the overall graphics are a lot better in gta: vice city, but i cant stand the 80's theme. gta3 was much more fun imho.

Kent
Feb 21, 2003, 01:59 PM
I've yet to play a good GTA game, they've all been crap so far.

pixelate
Feb 21, 2003, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed the bad Miami Vice look of the game. Can't comment on the gameplay because I have yet to actually play it.

BlackRose
Feb 21, 2003, 03:33 PM
On 2003-02-21 10:54, X-thirteen wrote:

by looks do you mean the whole 80's theme or the graphics? because the overall graphics are a lot better in gta: vice city, but i cant stand the 80's theme. gta3 was much more fun imho.

I just mean that the graphics in Vice City are less pleasing to my eye than in GTA3.

ShieldDragon
Feb 21, 2003, 03:37 PM
GTA3 was better, IMO. I think I would've gotten into Vice if it didn't have the 80's theme.

Dangerous55
Feb 21, 2003, 03:39 PM
I think it's a fun game, and thats really all that matters.

RuneLateralus
Feb 21, 2003, 03:43 PM
I liked GTA Vice City.

But was it game of the year? Nope, Metroid Prime really had that title in. There are more games I can think that I would rather play than this game.

And for the record: I thought the 80's theme and music rocked.

ABDUR101
Feb 21, 2003, 03:54 PM
The 80's theme and music played into me wanting to buy Vice City. I mean, it was GTA:3, but..with 80's music, that I like. o_O

In either case, ah well. I ended up getting GTA:3 instead. I'm enjoying it too.

Deathscythealpha
Feb 22, 2003, 10:06 AM
Vice City felt to samey to me. GTA3 had 3 different looking areas to drive around, but Vice City looked like Miami all the way round, no variation in the building styles.

And they went a bit OTT with the weapons.

Ok game, but not great.

DeathCheese87
Feb 22, 2003, 12:06 PM
i prefer good old GTA2.

Atari
Feb 22, 2003, 12:46 PM
vice city didn't have enhanced graphics im pretty sure its the same engine, i only like the motorcycles, the city was to small, music rocked though, but yes it was basically an expansion, it only did come out a year after, i don'nt see metroid prime 2 coming out in a year

DragonFang
Feb 22, 2003, 01:07 PM
Well if you look at GTA vice City sales I would say it's doing well.

I have it and I think it's a good game.

Mirth
Feb 22, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-02-22 09:46, Atari wrote:
vice city didn't have enhanced graphics im pretty sure its the same engine, i only like the motorcycles, the city was to small, music rocked though, but yes it was basically an expansion, it only did come out a year after, i don'nt see metroid prime 2 coming out in a year

because vice city is just an expansion to gta 3, while metroid prime 2 will be a sequal(prequel who knows) with new story line and better graphics ect ect

Vantamiath
Feb 22, 2003, 09:13 PM
because vice city is just an expansion to gta 3, while metroid prime 2 will be a sequal(prequel who knows) with new story line and better graphics ect ect

Yeah nothing like what Vice City was to GTA3.

Errr..

Guile
Feb 23, 2003, 01:47 AM
Vice was good, I think gta3 was better...cuz Vice had some boring missions and was to small of a city

But Vice was a good game

CajunSamurai
Feb 23, 2003, 02:06 AM
I liked Vice quite a bit better. The ability to jump from moving vehicles, more varied gameplay and Wildstyle Radio alone, mang. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif
However, I've yet to play a game with as many glitches as GTA:VC. OUCH! I also prefered the radio stations of GTA3, mainly because I can't stand 90% of 80's music. RISE FM and... that one drum'n'bass mix station on GTA3 owned me reeeeal good. Wildstyle is awesome though.

Murako
Feb 23, 2003, 06:47 AM
I think that GTA:VC is good, but its just GTA3 with motorcycles and helicopters. I mean, I love riding around in a dune buggy and crashing into bikes, and wanna get a Hunter to kill so many people, but its just not enough new stuff. I hate 80's music(with the exception of Oingo Boingo, which is nowhere to be found here) so I turn the radio off most of the time. It is a good game, but only because its a expansion pack to the best PS2 game ever made.

Score: Eight out of Ten.

Gartywood
Feb 23, 2003, 11:16 PM
Vice city is good but i really only plat vice and gta3 when people come over. i stopped doing missions in GTA3 when i unlocked the third island because i didnt care to beat it.

Axispoint
Feb 24, 2003, 12:35 AM
I was disappointed with VC. It just didn't keep me as occuppied as GTA3. There's a rumor floating around that the next GTA game will take place in a Las Vegas-type place and will be in the 60's or 70's. That pretty well killed my interest in that game. Either I'll rent it or skip it entirely, if this turns out to be true and that is the next game.

VC I dunno...guess I was expecting more out of it.