PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to fine lvl 30 techniques?

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 10, 2009, 09:53 PM
I think I've only found 2 or 3 lvl 30 techs besides Resta in my entire time playing this game. I also play Ult Ruins and Seabed pretty regularly, but the techs I find there even are rarely even lvl 28. I've only found probably about 15 lvl 29 techs also. Every ID has an equal chance of finding them, right?

Randomness
Aug 10, 2009, 10:38 PM
Probably because they're level 30... i.e.... strongest possible?

Kind of logical.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 10, 2009, 10:48 PM
Invest in a Devil/Tech or God/Tech until you get them all to 30! ;D

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 11, 2009, 04:56 AM
Probably because they're level 30... i.e.... strongest possible?

Kind of logical.

I didn't ask why they are harder to find than lower level techs, I just mean that it seems a little excessive that they're so rare that I've nearly never found one when they could drop from pretty much any enemy and I've played as long as I have. This leads me to believe that one lvl 30 tech is about as rare as the real agito.

Invest in a Devil/Tech or God/Tech until you get them all to 30! ;D

Well I'm never going to get them all to 30, I'd have to play for about 10x the amount I already have to do that.

Magus_84
Aug 11, 2009, 06:18 AM
Because Sega hates Forces.

Specifically, Sega hates "nuking" Forces. That's why the Ra-series are the hardest to find.

I mean...you didn't seriously think that a 60% resistance being considered a "weakness" in Ultimate meant that Sega was anywhere close to wanting to be fair, right? :(

zfighter14
Aug 11, 2009, 06:22 AM
HAHA sega sucks. cheaters lol

concussionman
Aug 11, 2009, 01:07 PM
They are crazy hard to find because most of them are on the last levels on ultimate, and unless you spend alot of time breaking boxes in the ruins, you aren't going to find much.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 11, 2009, 05:57 PM
Topic title looks an awful lot like an inquiry of some sort. :roll:

Level 30's aren't easy to find, just because they're level 30's.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 12, 2009, 04:32 AM
Because Sega hates Forces.

Specifically, Sega hates "nuking" Forces. That's why the Ra-series are the hardest to find.

I mean...you didn't seriously think that a 60% resistance being considered a "weakness" in Ultimate meant that Sega was anywhere close to wanting to be fair, right? :(

Forces are so easy to use in single player, and I'd say they're the best class until like the 120s or 130s. Forces can blow through areas that they should be way too low to do much better than any class.

Magus_84
Aug 12, 2009, 06:40 AM
Forces are so easy to use in single player, and I'd say they're the best class until like the 120s or 130s. Forces can blow through areas that they should be way too low to do much better than any class.

Ep2 and Tower disagree with you. The most unbalanced thing I can think of in Ep1 is the fact that online, Ultimate Chaos Bringers "tech weakness" will do maybe double-digit damage to them, even with level 30 techs, maxed MST and all applicable tech boosts. On something with several thousand HP and at least two ways to sometimes OHKO you.

But against weak opponents? They're the best class. They're borderline-overpowered in Normal-Very Hard if you tweak them out with a high Mind mag.

Thing is...you may be able to blast through to 120-130 and the first parts of Ultimate pretty easy. But at that point, you're still only at a very small chunk of the total exp to 200 (for reference, 187's the halfway point, exp wise).

Forces grow quickly, but their maximum ability is far, far lower than other classes. The difference in comparative performance between a level 60 FO in Very Hard and a level 150 FO in Ultimate Tower is much larger than the difference in comparative performance between a level 60 RA in Very Hard and a level 150 RA in Ultimate.

The FO gets exponentially better as you raise their Mind, up until Ultimate. Then they start to gain less and less for what they put into their teching side. Until eventually its not even worth boosting.

The RA starts off slower, and can't "jump" many levels in power, but they steadily gain. In Ultimate, they get many more battlefield control tricks, and their steady gain in damage keeps them at or above par.

Blame the lopsided multipliers and the mag system. Its far easier to throw on a mag with a massive chunk of MST, learn techs 10 levels above what you could naturally and go "BOOM" all the way to Ultimate. Thing is though...after you've done that, you've already reached a very large chunk of your potential. RAs/HUs need ATP, ATA, LCK and good weapons. But once they get them, they do a lot better against everything.

Most of my perspective comes from a PSO "career" spent online playing as a Fomar. If you've played mostly offline, you're going to come to different conclusions. And since the two modes are so different in their implications, both are pretty valid.

Bearissoslow
Aug 12, 2009, 12:57 PM
Run Pinkal. :l

But on a serious note, just grind more. Ultimate Ruins and Seabed were the areas where I was able to find techs the most often, albeit they weren't terribly common, as you know.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 12, 2009, 07:33 PM
Truncated

Most of my perspective comes from a PSO "career" spent online playing as a Fomar. If you've played mostly offline, you're going to come to different conclusions. And since the two modes are so different in their implications, both are pretty valid.

I'm responding to the whole post.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've never played online, and since I'm on GC, it looks like I never will. I don't have the will to get BB and put in as much time as I did on GC, so I'd feel like it's kind of wasted. But I know what you mean about N-VH, I've gotten my last two Forces to Ult at lvl 42, which is just the amount of experience they accumulated from doing each level one time. I rarely play Ep. 2 with forces, but that's also because I find ep. 2 annoying altogether. (My 155 Hucast has a harder time with it than I think he should, it bothers me.)

Offline Ult is still pretty easy with forces comparatively. I remade my lvl 80 Greenill Humar into a Fonewm because I only wanted to do mine, and my fonewn had such an easy time on mine that I've found 2 Yasminkovs and leveled him to like 120 faster that I've leveled any character to that mark. Though I do mean it when I say that around 120 to 130, it's not that forces don't do well, they just get surpassed by other classes. I think from about 50-100, or maybe even wider, rangers are the worst class, because they still don't have great ATA, and their ATP is atrocious, but once they get up to like 130 where they have plenty of ATA and their power starts to catch up, I think they're the best class. My Ramarl can blow through any level far faster than my Fonewm, and she requires nearly no TP to boot.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 12, 2009, 08:59 PM
Well, the BB server does support GC. Just gotta figure out all the garbage to do it. >_>

As in, that particular server supports it.

Magus_84
Aug 12, 2009, 09:55 PM
I'm responding to the whole post.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've never played online, and since I'm on GC, it looks like I never will.

Don't be embarrassed. Neither's superior. It's just that most "forum" people who discuss it tend to have met the people they're arguing with in online play, so their point of view is skewed towards that.

As Nitro mentioned, that server does support GC play.

I'm mostly retired from PSO these days. I just can't bring myself to play it, on the times when the heavens align and I can actually get online, and I'm bored to tears by offline.

The simplest way I can think of to describe Online's increased difficulty? Play multi-mode. Start up a game with two characters, and try (ignoring the fugly split-screen) to play through a level by yourself in Ultimate. That's about how online works. Except add in lag and being hit-chained.

Ep2's worse. Ep2 is paaain if you aren't a RA. :/

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 13, 2009, 05:39 PM
Don't be embarrassed. Neither's superior. It's just that most "forum" people who discuss it tend to have met the people they're arguing with in online play, so their point of view is skewed towards that.

As Nitro mentioned, that server does support GC play.

I'm mostly retired from PSO these days. I just can't bring myself to play it, on the times when the heavens align and I can actually get online, and I'm bored to tears by offline.

The simplest way I can think of to describe Online's increased difficulty? Play multi-mode. Start up a game with two characters, and try (ignoring the fugly split-screen) to play through a level by yourself in Ultimate. That's about how online works. Except add in lag and being hit-chained.

Ep2's worse. Ep2 is paaain if you aren't a RA. :/
That's why I'm really glad my Redria is a Ramarl. I really don't like playing control center with my hucast, because even a lvl 155 Hucast with 51 dex on the mag and a god/arm doesn't have enough ATA. I should probably let him use my 35 hit demolition comet instead of my Hunewearl now.

Yeah, I know how suddenly everything becomes super tech resistant on multimode. I'm used to playing with a Force and a hunter, so the hunter usually dominates because it has really high level shifta, and the force usually just ends up weakening everything so the hunter can flatten it. Is being hit chained like when two enemies hit you at the exact same time so you just get the damage of both their attacks added together? Because that happens offline very occasionally.

psofan219
Aug 17, 2009, 08:08 AM
No. Chain attacks are where you take one attack at a time, but you have no grace period, so you keep on taking the attacks. That's why online, Baranz are feared. If you don't get knocked down when you're hit, you'll eat every single missle it launches your way, which more often than not, will cause death to higher-leveled characters. This factor also makes enemies like Sinows twice as deadly, because you can get hit with both attacks, instead of just one. If you want to experience this, go get frozen in a group of enemies and watch what happens. You don't have any grace period, just like it is online. That's the best I can put it.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 18, 2009, 06:40 AM
So is this an occasional glitch, or is there just no grace period at all online if you don't get knocked down?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 18, 2009, 06:50 AM
It's not a glitch. It was done on purpose.

The grace period is non-existent online. I'm pretty sure, anyway. Usually it was get hit once and go "Oshi-" and get the hell out of the way.

psofan219
Aug 18, 2009, 10:56 AM
It was indeed done on purpose to make the game harder. However, the "no grace period" rule applies only in Ultimate, just to be clear on that.

Lance813
Aug 18, 2009, 11:56 AM
Ep2 and Tower disagree with you.

Episode 2 and Tower are just 'lolmegid.'

Genoa
Aug 24, 2009, 02:59 AM
Run Pinkal. :l

All IDs have the same odds at finding technique disks, but Pinkal may have better odds at a given disk being at a higher level.
However on Blue Burst Pinkal doesn't effect Disks in the least bit due to the specific itempt file not being there.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 28, 2009, 07:28 AM
Found lvl 30 Shifta today, er, yesterday?

Genoa
Sep 1, 2009, 02:54 AM
congrats, I still have yet to find that on bb

Somnia
Sep 1, 2009, 03:17 AM
Nice find for GC. No real explanation or excuse for them being so hard to find except for Sonic Team being bastards. As said before, go Pink and make a dedicated disc hunter or hug your Technique units.

Luckily you can find 29-30 supports easy on BB, it's the attack techs that are the problem. :( Crater Interior is really good though, have found 29 Rafoie and 29 Megid(!!) before.

Genoa
Sep 1, 2009, 04:10 AM
I tend to notice episode II being the king of tech drops :o
4 has only given me a few helpings of 29+

ViewtifulJoe
Sep 1, 2009, 05:35 AM
I don't think I've ever found grants above lvl 27 or megid above 28.

Shotgun100
Sep 3, 2009, 04:15 AM
Just got Resta lvl 30 from Ult Ruins

ViewtifulJoe
Sep 3, 2009, 05:14 AM
Just got Resta lvl 30 from Ult Ruins

I think I've only found 2 or 3 lvl 30 techs besides Resta in my entire time playing this game. I also play Ult Ruins and Seabed pretty regularly, but the techs I find there even are rarely even lvl 28. I've only found probably about 15 lvl 29 techs also. Every ID has an equal chance of finding them, right?

Resta lvl 30 is pretty common, so I meant besides resta.

Achelousaurus
Sep 3, 2009, 06:02 PM
Last time I checked, one of the countless glitches on *Mod Edit* was that you couldn't find techs past lv 26.
Then again, that was at least half a year ago. Or even 1.5 years >_>

Nisoth
Sep 4, 2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I have never seen a level 30 aggressive tech. I've gotten enough Resta, and a couple Shifta. I'm pretty sure I've found Deband level 30 as well. Never an aggro tech, though. BTW, I'm GC only.

ViewtifulJoe
Sep 4, 2009, 03:06 PM
I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, but in a little bit I'll check and see exactly what lvl 30 techs I've found. I feel like I've found at least one attack tech.

ViewtifulJoe
Sep 5, 2009, 05:19 AM
Lol, nope, I don't have a single lvl 30 attack tech.

Besides resta, I have:

Shifta x 2
Deband
Jellen
Zalure x 2

I do actually have almost all lvl 29 attack techs for both my forces, so I've probably found more like 30 lvl 29 attack techs alone.