PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on some PAs.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 12, 2009, 06:34 PM
Hello, PSO-World. I am in a quandary about some of the PAs for my main. Some PAs I can decide on, such as Bogga Danga for Knuckles and Renzan Seidan-ga for Twin Claws. However, there are some weapons where I just can't pick out which one to use.

Round 1: Double Sabers

Spiral Dance or Gravity Dance? Spiral Dance is a pretty good PA since it moves quickly, but the knockback is out of my weapon's reach for third attack. Gravity Dance isn't as strong, but it seems to be able to hit multiple enemies, and its last move is quick and painful. No Tornado Dance on this list because... Call me a scrub for it, but too many people apparently cling to that PA. On the other hand, Absolute Dance is still open for choosing.

Round 2: Twin Daggers

Renkai Buyou-zan, Moubu Seiren-zan, or Hishou Jinren-zan? Renkai seems to be pretty fast and able to hit enemies all around me, but the other attacks have more DPS. Moubu is liked by a lot of people, but the backwards part kinda throws me off. Jinren is pretty heavy DPS, but it throws my target right out of reach.

Round 3: Spears

Dus Majarra or Dus Robado for a Fortegunner? (Since I don't wanna totally cut off all ties to melee combat) I know that Majarra is "OMG ONE OF THE BEST PAS EVUR LIEK TDANCE AND JABROKEN", but it's kinda overused and I actually see some use for Robado. Robado is another spinning attack, so (at least in theory,) it could ward off the enemies that like to surround people. And since it never reaches the last part of the combo, there's no oh-so-hated knockback.

I know some people say to use the PA that best fits you, but I find myself switching PAs quite a bit on the first two weapons, and I'm wondering if Robado could work better for the third when I Fortegun. So, PSO-Worldians, I now await your feedback.

EDIT:
Round 4 (for my Fortefighter)

Anga Redda or Anga Dugrega? Redda is faster, but Dugrega does more damage per hit. However, I heard that the knockback is farther than its jump.

Dragwind
Aug 12, 2009, 06:44 PM
-Double Sabers: I suggest both Spiral and Absolute. Spiral Dance I find to be much more useful.

-Twin Daggers: Hishou is pretty situational imo. For more general use, I suggest either Renkai or Moubu. Renkai probably preferred.

-Spears: Since you're talking about fortegunner in this case, Majarra. Robado would be outdone by most of your guns.

Hrith
Aug 12, 2009, 07:04 PM
Spiral Dance and Absolute Dance, be prepared to suffer while leveling Absolute Dance, though, it is stupidly slow to raise.

Hishou Jinren-zan and Moubu Seiren-zan you cannot regret acquiring. Hishou Jinren-zan will tear apart monsters immune to juggle hits -- it's still amazing on some regular monsters, you just have to know which ones.

Dus Majarra is the best melee option for a Fortegunner; in some very restricted cases, Dus Daggas, Hikai Shuha-zan and Gravity Strike will be better, but if you have to choose one, go for Dus Majarra.

stinkyfish97
Aug 12, 2009, 07:08 PM
I agree with dragwind with everything, except Hishou. Hishou is actaully quite a versitile tool in any FiG arsenal. The only creatures that it truely is not good on and where I would prefer to use Moubu is on creatures that get knocked back, such as Kakwanes, distova, koltova. Sendellin and the other varient of them that knocks you over it knocks them down, most big guys it knocks down or at least back. It is also a great PA for the Motherbrain. Personally I love Hishou. I am sure everyone that uses it feels the same way I do but calls it situational because there are probably better PA's in certain situations such as spriral dance.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 12, 2009, 07:11 PM
@Hrith, I already have Dance and many of these other PAs at 21, so I've already suffered from A-Dance's slow leveling rate.

Oh, and...

Anga Redda or Anga Dugrega? Redda is faster, but Dugrega does more damage per hit. However, I heard that the knockback is farther than its jump.

biggabertha
Aug 13, 2009, 08:56 AM
Anga Redda's cool - I like the animation for it a lot but sadly... for two targets, you've got better options (Assault Crush etc.) that can deal damage out faster. Anga Dugrega used to be VERY handy for taking care of dangerous enemies if you were on Frame Skip 0. It's really slow now and awkward to Just Attack - it's easy to do but it's sort of like Gravity Break that it's a little strict..

Finally, Anga Redda levels very quickly and has a HUGE damage modifier at the end - you could easily deal over 9000 damage with it. Anga Dugrega on the other hand... levels pretty slowly until you get it to Lv. 21. It still probably takes ages after that but at least you have the full combo.

Slace2k3
Aug 13, 2009, 09:02 AM
Finally, Anga Redda levels very quickly and has a HUGE damage modifier at the end - you could easily deal over 9000 damage....

WHAT!?! OVER 9000!!!!!

sorry, had to do it...

Hrith
Aug 13, 2009, 09:15 AM
Anga Redda is one of the most pointless PAs there is. It's damage is lower than a lot of other combo-type skills (Dus Majarra, lol?) and has much lower accuracy.

Anga Dugrega is not very useful, but not many PAs do what it does, so it still has a point. The knockback + jump will be an issue if you do not play on fs0. It also levels very slowly. Still, I'd get that over Anga Redda any day.

Tetsaru
Aug 13, 2009, 10:03 AM
[spoiler-box]
Hello, PSO-World. I am in a quandary about some of the PAs for my main. Some PAs I can decide on, such as Bogga Danga for Knuckles and Renzan Seidan-ga for Twin Claws. However, there are some weapons where I just can't pick out which one to use.

Spiral Dance or Gravity Dance? Spiral Dance is a pretty good PA since it moves quickly, but the knockback is out of my weapon's reach for third attack. Gravity Dance isn't as strong, but it seems to be able to hit multiple enemies, and its last move is quick and painful. No Tornado Dance on this list because... Call me a scrub for it, but too many people apparently cling to that PA. On the other hand, Absolute Dance is still open for choosing.

Renkai Buyou-zan, Moubu Seiren-zan, or Hishou Jinren-zan? Renkai seems to be pretty fast and able to hit enemies all around me, but the other attacks have more DPS. Moubu is liked by a lot of people, but the backwards part kinda throws me off. Jinren is pretty heavy DPS, but it throws my target right out of reach.

Dus Majarra or Dus Robado for a Fortegunner? (Since I don't wanna totally cut off all ties to melee combat) I know that Majarra is "OMG ONE OF THE BEST PAS EVUR LIEK TDANCE AND JABROKEN", but it's kinda overused and I actually see some use for Robado. Robado is another spinning attack, so (at least in theory,) it could ward off the enemies that like to surround people. And since it never reaches the last part of the combo, there's no oh-so-hated knockback.

I know some people say to use the PA that best fits you, but I find myself switching PAs quite a bit on the first two weapons, and I'm wondering if Robado could work better for the third when I Fortegun. So, PSO-Worldians, I now await your feedback.

EDIT:

[/spoiler-box]

Although I think the PA system would've worked a lot better if you could use multiple arts instead of just equipping one at a time (different button combinations like in God of War's or Kingdom Hearts' combat systems), I'll post my 2 cents...

Double Saber - I'd use Spiral, but I'd save it against large mobs of enemies so that the last part of the combo is more likely to hit something.

Twin Daggers - Personally, I just stopped using these weapons. Imo, they either don't do enough damage compared to other weapons, or they tend to push enemies just outside of their hitting range. I think Sega fucked with their hitboxes. =x

Spear - Both Majarra and Robado are good, but I always stick with Majarra for the mobility. For FG though, if you're needing some melee attacks, I've always been good with a high % saber with Rising Strike + a crossbow. Most of the bullet-resistant enemies (Ubakradas come to mind) can often be stunned often enough with the knockback, plus your crossbow can apply strong status effects, like freeze or burn, to help kill your target. Don't forget - you have access to G traps too!

Axe - I've always hated how slow these weapons were (I only really used them as FM, not FF), but from my experience, each axe PA is useful depending on the situation. Redda if you need the speed, Dugrega if you need to knockdown enemies (I liked using this on those pesky Olgohmons that spam techs because they're easy targets), Jabroga if you need to nuke mobs (preferably when you have teammates around to hold hate, otherwise you'll often get rushed/knocked down/block before it goes off and waste a good chunk of PP).

Other melee PA's I'd recommend:

- Assault Crush: fast, strong, knocks enemies senseless on the last hit. Drains PP like a bitch, though.

- Renzan Seidan-ga: first move does 4 hits, second move causes knockdown, last move does a SHITTON of damage if it connects, which often time it doesn't. But it looks like a Hadoken! =D

- Bogga Robado: similar to Renzan in terms of progression and effects, the last move works well if you're in the middle of a large mob.

- Gravity Break: I don't use this one very often, but it works well for single-target damage.

- Chikki Kyoren-jin: the laser cannon for melee classes. Has insane range and can easily wipe out mobs from a distance.

Again, it's entirely up to you what you use. Just go with what you like and what works best for you! :3

Ruru
Aug 13, 2009, 03:14 PM

EDIT:

For double sabers i would go for spiral over gravity dance.
spiral dance is alot more usefull in a lot of situations. you can use it as an alternative for TD in situations where large enemies (jarbas/seed venas) need to be stun locked. and in groups of enemies the last hit will almost always connect with a few enemies and pretty much destroy them. absolute dance is ok for some things, but the wind up on the first hit and knock back/up on the second hit causes a lot of misses (when you're not on frame skip 0 anyway)

twin daggers, renkai used to be really great before sega nerfed it, now it's just too easy to get knocked out of and doesnt keep things stunned for as long as it used to (especially on higher difficulties)
Moubu is really nice still you can use it for most situations.
Hishou is especially nice on multi hit boxed enemies and alot of bosses (de rol le for example. hishou is a great skill if you dont have majarra)

for spears if you could only choose one then you're best off with majarra (until they nerf it that is) majarra has such a wide range of usefullness and on de rol le you can hit two targets at once with it since it's so wide on the second and third hits.

robado is nice as well but pretty situational. it's especially fast on FM so you wont have any problem getting off the full combo.

as for redda or dugrega. i'd suggest going with redda if you're gonna decide on either of them. dugrega just isnt worth the hassle of trying to aim and connect if you're not on frame skip 0. redda is more "fun to use" than it is a usefull PA. the last hit dealing 9-10k damage x2 is just a perk.

also i know you werent asking for suggestions on your knuckle PA list. but honestly bogga danga really isnt very usefull or even strong these days, and the last hit is more show than anything. if you want a good solid knuckle PA go for zubba. it may not be flashy but its VERY nice, and usefull.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 14, 2009, 11:00 PM
@Ruru: But still, Danga is damn fun to use (as well as Rensan Senshou-ga, which I occasionally switch to on Twin Claws,) and it doesn't seem that weak. And besides, it has lots of mobility, and it's one of the few knockback attacks that can actually reach the knocked-back target. It's great fun for not too much of a price.

However, I do see why Zubba is considered useful. I'm trying it out, and it bursts through incoming mobs like a Falcon Punch beating down a lightweight target.

----------

@Tetsaru: I already use Chikki and Renzan (in fact, Renzan's my highest-level Art.) To me, the last attack doesn't look much like a Hadoken. It looks more like I'm firing a broad energy wave or the laser from that one S-Rank Yohmei Laser Cannon from my fingers. I also use Robado and Grav. Break on my Caseal Fortefighter. Grav's numbers are MASSIVE. Oh, and she currently uses Cross Hurricane. How I can get Assault Crush to 21 is something I may never know. From what I've seen, that thing is tough to level.

Tetsaru
Aug 14, 2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah, at first I hated using "Ass Crush" because it seems like the first two moves of the combo don't really do anything special. Once you get the last move though, you'll be amazed at how fast and strong it is. It drains PP pretty quick though. =x