PDA

View Full Version : GC: The balance is competly outta whack...

Lisa_B
Feb 21, 2003, 05:04 PM
I don't know if this is true for everyone, but I'm having the hardest time finding armour. My level 93 hunter is running around with lv. 71 armour and this is seriously hampering my life-span on ultimate. Where's all the good armour???And it's not a question of slots. No one sells stuff above lv 75 and no players have any to trade. Why allow the character to grow to level 200 but stop dropping armour past lv 75? It's not like rare armour falls like rain on or off line. I'm an oran. Is this part of the problem? Where can I go to get better protection?

Toyzferall
Feb 21, 2003, 05:23 PM
If I remember correctly, Redria finds more armor than anyone else. But... Yeah, I've been having the same problem...

Soumi
Feb 21, 2003, 05:23 PM
I know how that is, I'm lv 107 and I only have an Ultimate Frame (lv 80). My suggestion would be to see if your section ID can find any of the rare armor types or units. If that fails, you could make a Redria, since Redria is best with finding good and rare guards.

PalRappies_go_splat
Feb 21, 2003, 05:35 PM
Most games r like that, they sell basic armor but then as you level it gets harder to get equipment

ABDUR101
Feb 21, 2003, 05:46 PM
Thus, the reason for trading is realised. =)

I'm sure you have something that someone would easily trade a nice armor or shield for. Even if what they give you has zero slots, you can always add those yourself.

But yeah, thats just how it goes. I was a lvl 127 HUcast using a lvl 101 armor back in Vers 2. I'd of still been using an even lower armor had a friend not given it to me.

Abaddon
Feb 22, 2003, 05:32 AM
Hmm i only have a sense plate with four slots. but still, its better than my Ultimate frame.
But sometimes i swap my SP with my Parasite Wear: Nelgal. it only has 3 slots and has a higher EVP than my sense plate

DragonFang
Feb 22, 2003, 10:26 AM
I'm still using a Flowen's Frame 4 slot with my HUmar LV 125. I really need to find something better for him.

Since I can't go online I have no other choice but to use Flowen's Frame for now...

Ranger_Larry
Feb 22, 2003, 03:57 PM
Greenill. Do Fake in Yellow. Pal Rappy's drop Gaurd Wave's. Not the best, but ALOT better than Ult Frame! Something like 100 def and 60 evp more... You should find a few because the stats vary widely. I have one that adds a total of 213 def, while another is only 180ish.

Ghaleon
Feb 22, 2003, 04:00 PM
i bought a 4 slot ultimate frame in the store. thats for lvl 80. it does just fine for me in ultimate. well maybe its because im a fomar and i ALWAYS use deband

Robomonke
Feb 23, 2003, 12:58 AM
i have df field and aura field luminous field and virus armor: lafuteria. =) Im pretty much set for life armor wise. ut ive never had ur problem. first thing i traded for was a guard wave when i was on lvl 30 lol traded a bunch of mats 4 it. its not hard to get good armor.

EDarkness
Feb 23, 2003, 05:15 PM
Sucks that you have to trade for it. They really should have some sort of stop gap type armor you can buy as you go up in level. If you're playing offline mostly, then you're really screwed, because finding armor yourself is hard. I've been trying to find a Spirit Garment for a long time with no success. I really think the way they handled it is pretty bad. After level 80 you've got 120 levels worth of no armor. If you're lucky enough to find some, then good. If not....

-EDarkness

fyrewyre
Feb 24, 2003, 03:00 PM
Im going to spend some time getting guard waves (Fake in yellow)for ppl, pm me if you NEED one pm me

Buuyon
Feb 25, 2003, 08:15 AM
So far i have failed to see anything that boosts both def and evp better then gardwave does...

Elusive_Llama
Feb 25, 2003, 11:00 AM
I consider Guard Wave to be the 'standard' rare armor, somewhat easily obtainable through trade. They range from around 180+ to 214+ in def power, but even a low end Guard Wave is better than a normal armor.

A better choice would be Luminous Field even if sucks your hp away, but they're quite a bit rarer.

Lisa, I remember getting your guild card a long while back, and you had a Greennil ranger. That ranger in ultimate yet? If so, do that Fake in Yellow quest and telepipe...Pal Rappies drop Guard Waves 80% of the time.

gallaugher
Feb 25, 2003, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the club! Level 103 HUcaseal, using D Parts ver 1 (about level 50). Level 105 RAmarl, using Custom Frame.
Your best bets are to trade, make a Redria character (my RAmarl is & all it got me was a Custom Frame), or use a God/Body. You might be able to trade for the God/Body easier than a new armor. You can also check what armors drop for Oran & try to hunt down the enemy that drops it.

Sim2002
Feb 26, 2003, 10:11 AM
A better choice would be Luminous Field even if sucks your hp away, but they're quite a bit rarer.

The Lumin Field rocks, the HP drain is so small that it is not even worth talking about it. Infact until my FOnewm hits lvl 131 I am using one of the Lumin Fields I found. If anyone really wants one I will go hunting for you. Pinkal finds on Ult Forest from Tallow. PM me and and we can work something out. I will only charge mesta just to keep my FO stocked on Fluids and maybe a few drops.