PDA

View Full Version : Should Sonic Team hire an Online Team for PSO Ep.I&II ?

Jkid
Feb 21, 2003, 06:01 PM
Besides Sonic Team should be.Remember the DC days?

And with Sonic Team is managing the servers and at the same time developing their games,it would be great if they hire an online team for each reigon (Japan,USA,Europe).So while the team is dealing with server problems,ST can finish their projects by two-fold!

What I'm saying is that they should hire a team that's:

6 people working on server maintainece
6 people working on quest preperation (putting up quests on/off the servers)
Voluteer gamers for the Game Masters

Paid Professionals for GM's that are being paid
And customer service people for tech help.

and these can be formed for each region(JP,USA,EU,UK) and for each platform (PC,GC,Xbox). And at the same time Sonic Team can complete their upcoming games twice the time than maintaining the servers while completing the games themselves.

goaliedude10
Feb 21, 2003, 08:03 PM
I like that idea, but it would squander all they make on HLs plus some, so its not profitable, unless they jack up the HL price...

Jkid
Feb 23, 2003, 10:28 AM
Well,think about it,sega was too lazy to translate the japanese offcial pso website,all the hackers that SOA didn't stop,and it wasn't the same thing that the Japanese PSO'ers have when it comes to quests,patches,etc.

And remenber about SOA's CEO is quiting and will be replaced with Sega of Japan's current CEO.He might change thing around for us.

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2003, 11:02 AM
or he will just keep things as they are...

hm... some sort of pso-sysop-team would be nice, but then again, this would cost more... and they wont be able to set up bugfixes etc without the help of those who wrote the gamecode... so they would keep sonic team as busy as they are right now without any sysop-team...

my 2 euro-cents...

Auracom
Feb 23, 2003, 11:30 AM
Ya that'd be a pretty cool idea...
but is sonic team/sega going to dish out the money for that?

IronKnight
Feb 23, 2003, 11:35 AM
Server-Side Saving would fix all our problems. You can't just go in with ur Gameshark and hack a server! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif PSOX has the next best thing I would point out: Hard Disk Drive. We can dl bug fixes and updates with ease. Only prob is that with all these ppl talkin about corrupted mem cards... One can only wonder if the game could corrput our whole HARD DRIVE O.O!! *Hides in Bomb Shelter gripping duct tape*

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2003, 11:49 AM
hm... consoles and bugfixes... -_-;
well, ok for an onlinegame i guess...

then again, serversidesaving has one problem... the offlinepart would be missing and to be honest, i like to play pso offline - you dont have to think about it to much and have some mindless thing to do while actually achieving something (exp and a rare here and there)... i wont want to sacrifice that...

a more secure clientsidesaving would do it as well - with securitycopies in case of corruption and of course file-encryption to prevent filehacking...

EKB
Feb 23, 2003, 02:12 PM
That idea sounds Okay but who has the money for all that.

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2003, 02:32 PM
those who buy the HL, i guess (they'd at least have to double the fee for that)