PDA

View Full Version : Worst movie (of the year)

amoralist
Feb 21, 2003, 06:05 PM
I nominate Mr. Deeds for its horrible acting.

Sandler stands around and pouts out one liners follow by silly slapstick anyone can do.

The remake has artifical humor where you must add in lines out of nowhere to make you laugh. Also, the cheesy plot remake is an insult to the original movie thank you very much.

That's what you get for putting a shoplifter in with an actor who is exacting exactly like his attitude in real life.

I tried to laugh, and I did because it was so horrible.

Edit: For the record, I was coerced to with my friends. I should've learned the lesson with Orange County. And limit to movies released in 2002. Save 2003 for next Jan or Feb Mr. Frink.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amoralist on 2003-02-21 15:30 ]</font>

BlackRose
Feb 21, 2003, 06:12 PM
I don't know, because i'm pretty good at avoiding movies I don't like.

ABDUR101
Feb 21, 2003, 06:20 PM
I have to go with Blackrose on this one, I don't rush out to see movies, so by the time I get to see a movie, it's been screened and gabbed about by everyone else.

geewj
Feb 21, 2003, 06:20 PM
I vote Shanghai Knights.

RavenTW
Feb 21, 2003, 07:51 PM
For 2002, it would be Kangaroo Jack. It was a big let-down since the kangaroo didn't talk, plus the only plot twister was at the end, when they realized what the money was going for.

For 2003, it would be House of the Dead (coming spring 2003). Cheesy costumes for the zombies could have made way for some nice CGI animation (although the headless zombie attack looked nice), but no, they let a ton of actors in bad suits play. And it has nothing to do with any actual house.

geewj
Feb 21, 2003, 07:56 PM
On 2003-02-21 16:51, RavenTW wrote:
For 2002, it would be Kangaroo Jack. It was a big let-down since the kangaroo didn't talk, plus the only plot twister was at the end, when they realized what the money was going for.

Biggest let down?

A let down is when a movie looks good but then sucks. This movie never looked good, it just sucked.

No i dont hate everything, they are just making a lot of stupid movies and tv showes recently.

-BK-
Feb 21, 2003, 08:05 PM
On 2003-02-21 16:56, Prof_Frink wrote:
No i dont hate everything, they are just making a lot of stupid movies and tv showes recently.

Agreed.

I only saw the movies that I was really excited about for the last few years. Out of what was released this past year? I'd have to say that StarWars: AOTC could have been a bit better. That or Resident Evil. :/

RavenTW
Feb 21, 2003, 08:07 PM
On 2003-02-21 16:56, Prof_Frink wrote:

On 2003-02-21 16:51, RavenTW wrote:

Biggest let down?

A let down is when a movie looks good but then sucks. This movie never looked good, it just sucked.

lol, good point there.

Foggy_Pete
Feb 21, 2003, 10:50 PM
i nominate: How to lose a guy in ten days
first of all i would like to point out i did not go see this movie out of my own will. some friends wanted me to go see it with them and i went along..that cleared up i would also like to ask does anyone find the word "bullshit" terribly romantic? and would anyone, after their relationship going terribly wrong and seeing their car chased by their crazed looking, screaming lover/stalker, pull over their car and engage in a romantic conversation including gambler lingo and have there heart won back by being told they were full of "bullshit"? no, if i were a girl and had just malicously embarassed my crush infront of hundreds and then saw him chasing my car i would:
A: call the police, he is probly trying to rape or murder me to pay me back for what i did to him
B: shoot him in self defense, the guy is screaming and chasing me on a mo-ped and appears to be trying to break my window in, he is obviously impared and enraged. if i wouldnt shoot him then i would shoot him when he told me i was full of bullshit and tried to move in for a kiss
if you havnt seen this movie i can promise you its as retarded as it sounds

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foggy_Pete on 2003-02-21 22:05 ]</font>

BWS-1
Feb 21, 2003, 10:54 PM
Why do, all of the sudden, I have a feeling Terminator 3 will suck <_<

Guntz348
Feb 22, 2003, 12:07 AM
XXX, even though I didnt see it I'm gonna say that anything with Vin Deisil sucks ass. I know Fast and the Furious was just plane awful as was Pitch Black. On second thought change my vote to Fast and the Furious.

RuneLateralus
Feb 22, 2003, 02:02 AM
Kangeroo Jack. Man, what where the creators thinking. Hell, I didn't even see it and I know how bad of a movie it is.

Eum
Feb 22, 2003, 02:10 AM
Spiderman, despite being released last year. I haven't seen a movie since, so it's the only valid film I can think of.

Vantamiath
Feb 22, 2003, 03:14 AM
I nominate sweet home alabama.

ginko990
Feb 22, 2003, 04:58 AM
(If you can call it a movie)That documentary thing Sienfeld made: Comdeian. Omfg I didnt know if i wanted to keep watching it or kill myself.

Rurisho
Feb 22, 2003, 12:18 PM
Down to Earth. Annoying whiney voiced black guy gets killed (Hooray!) Only to be sent 'down to earth' (Hoho!) Into the body of a rich greedy white guy (Hooray!) and proceeds to STILL be annoying and whiney voiced. Cue obvious stereotyping jokes and random money givawayage. Hilarious antics ensue. Except that they don't. The only half decent scene is the bit where white guy, possessed by black guy, starts singing to rap music in public with generous helpings of 'the N word' thrown in. Then gets punched in the face. This made me laugh because all through the movie i'd been secretly hoping someone would punch Chris Rock in the face.

Atari
Feb 22, 2003, 12:43 PM
I also would say Spider-Man, went away from the comic, tobey maguire was a whiney crappy spider-man, the costumes sucked, the whole movie just sucked and then down here everyone is talking about it and i just want to kill myself

Nerd
Feb 22, 2003, 04:15 PM
Ecks vs. Sever...despite having the current world record for Most Explosions in 1 1/2 hours of cinema, sucked royal punani.

Dangerous55
Feb 22, 2003, 04:27 PM
I have not really seen a crap movie lately. I don't go to them.

geewj
Feb 22, 2003, 05:57 PM
On 2003-02-22 09:18, Rurisho wrote:
Down to Earth. Annoying whiney voiced black guy gets killed (Hooray!) Only to be sent 'down to earth' (Hoho!) Into the body of a rich greedy white guy (Hooray!) and proceeds to STILL be annoying and whiney voiced. Cue obvious stereotyping jokes and random money givawayage. Hilarious antics ensue. Except that they don't. The only half decent scene is the bit where white guy, possessed by black guy, starts singing to rap music in public with generous helpings of 'the N word' thrown in. Then gets punched in the face. This made me laugh because all through the movie i'd been secretly hoping someone would punch Chris Rock in the face.

This movie is a remake of the movie Heaven Can Wait, which was a good movie. If you saw and liked the original, it makes Down to Earth twice as bad as you said.

Ghaleon
Feb 22, 2003, 06:45 PM
XXX, even though I didnt see it I'm gonna say that anything with Vin Deisil sucks ass. I know Fast and the Furious was just plane awful as was Pitch Black. On second thought change my vote to Fast and the Furious.

THANK YOU!!!! tell that to my girlfriend. she's freakin obsessed with him......damn that bastard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghaleon on 2003-02-22 15:47 ]</font>

Guile
Feb 22, 2003, 08:00 PM
I gotta say Darkness Falls cuz it sucked so much ass..!

and I really did'nt see many other movies

Phobos-X
Feb 23, 2003, 10:27 AM
even tho i think it came out last year, that movie with Ja-Rule and Steven Seagal that came out. Man even the fuckin TRAILER looked gay...not to mention that Ja-FOOL looks like stewart little and sounds like the cookie monster lol

Ness
Feb 23, 2003, 12:47 PM
For 2002, I would have to say Jay and SilentB Bob strike back. That movie wasn't EVEN funny.

ULTICOMP
Feb 23, 2003, 01:07 PM
The last movie I saw was Two Towers and I can't complain about that. Before that I saw The Ring and it was pretty dumb but not worth ranting about. I was gonna see Old School yesterday but... http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42347&forum=11&3

Auracom
Feb 23, 2003, 01:09 PM
That Steve Irwin(better known as the Crocodile Hunter) movie; Collision Course or sumthing like that, I try to forget it, but then i here sumthing like Krockey! I spelled it wrong probably but who gives a damn.

PalRappy03
Feb 25, 2003, 01:02 PM
I also would say Spider-Man, went away from the comic, tobey maguire was a whiney crappy spider-man, the costumes sucked, the whole movie just sucked and then down here everyone is talking about it and i just want to kill myself

Yes, spiderman takes my vote.

G-Assassin
Feb 25, 2003, 06:19 PM
On 2003-02-23 10:09, Auracom wrote:
That Steve Irwin(better known as the Crocodile Hunter) movie; Collision Course or sumthing like that, I try to forget it, but then i here sumthing like Krockey! I spelled it wrong probably but who gives a damn.

I totally agree with this. I'd also say Kangaroo Jack is the worst movie THIS year, no matter what comes out in the months to come. I watched the trailer and tried to reach for something to burn my eyes and ears with.

CajunSamurai
Feb 26, 2003, 01:31 AM
Anything by Jerry Bruckheimer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

Hapsby
Feb 26, 2003, 02:34 PM
I thought The Recruit was pretty crappy.