PDA

View Full Version : Internet Time ?

Nimvoker
Aug 20, 2009, 01:23 PM
When you press "Start" or "Z" (On a GC, I don't know about XBox)
In other words, when you open the Menu, at the bottom right, it says,
"Internet Time" with a green bar growing and a number augmenting slowly.

What is that for???

It's confusing because I've never connected my GC to the Internet.

Cheers,
-Nim

Lance813
Aug 20, 2009, 01:27 PM
Its called "beat time." It was something that ST added into PSO to use as a global time.

Instead of one person saying that they would be on at 5 EST and then converting it to Pacific time for another player, they could say "Oh, I'll be on around 600 Beats."

It never caught on though. I've used it a few times, I like the idea but it could have been implemented better.

psofan219
Aug 21, 2009, 08:54 AM
Actually, it has another use. There are certain weapons that use beat time, like Heaven Punisher/Striker, Morning Glory, Galatine. These four weapons are all affected by beat time. Look at the individual weapon in the database to get a better understanding of how they use this system.

Nimvoker
Aug 21, 2009, 10:49 AM
Oh, interesting...

Thanks! :)

Eluvion
Aug 21, 2009, 10:52 AM
It never caught on though. I've used it a few times, I like the idea but it could have been implemented better.

While i agree it wasn't exactly an important feature for connecting with people, thus not being worth and intrusive implementation. You could always just guild card somebody if you wanted to see if they were online.

Cyber Shaman
Aug 21, 2009, 07:45 PM
The BEAT system also has some control over the frequency of Rare Drops ... I don't recall the full details, but I remember reading a guide that mentioned changing an Xbox's internal clock so you'd get a rare item drop.

IMHO and a bit off-topic, the Beat System didn't catch up because Swatch didn't marketed it well enough.