PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some insight

OriginalB
Aug 21, 2009, 08:03 AM
Alright I've made several threads now asking for help, if you don't know by now... I'm a noob :P

Anyways, my main character is a RAmarl and I was looking at the guide to max my stats. In this guide, for 4/5 scenarios it says my mag should be 5/100/42/53. The 5th scenario isn't recommended apparently. Anyways, first and foremost are these guides dated? I'm looking at "cHaOsMaZtA's, RicoRoyal's, and Quo's Ultimate Max Stat Guide" and the units they use seem too easy to get. For instance they're only using God/X units when there are heavenly units available, and also instead of God/Ability there's Cent/Ability.

Normally I wouldn't stress about this, because if I found those I'm sure I could just make a new mag but this is different because I have a Heart of Angel. I don't want to waste it because I want my final mag to be Angel Wings, and I don't want to end up making a mag into Angel Wings then find out that I should have a different one. Another thing to consider is I'm only level 34, so any changes in that guide (mag-wise) such as more power would help me level faster.

My current mag is going to be 5/130/30/35, or that's what it was going to be before I decided that if I'm going to make Angel Wings I want to make it my end game mag.

Additionally, if it matters, I don't think I much care to have a whole lot of MST (especially early on) so I'm wondering if there's any kind of modification I can make so that if I want to I can have maxxed MST or if I don't then I can have another unit instead?

EDIT: a few more questions... if I have maxed stats then what's the use of leftover materials? And when looking at those guides is it saying (under materials used) that I gain X stats from materials in POW or that I use X materials in POW? Thanks

EDIT2: I read somewhere that really the only things that get capped (Statwise) are materials and Mags, and that even if you're at maximum ATP for example through mags and materials, that you could achieve MORE ATP through units. Is this true?

Eluvion
Aug 21, 2009, 10:48 AM
I think most of the stat maxing guides available are pre blue burst i.e. before heavenly/x and centurion/ability units were available.

Keep in mind that Units and mags are always interchangeable on a character so if you want more of any stat while developing your character you can use those units and a more pointed mag for the time being, you'll just want to keep those recommended in the guide handy to equip every so often and make sure you're still on track.

OriginalB
Aug 21, 2009, 12:12 PM
Oh alright thanks for the reply. I was thinking and I thought what if I just used a 5/100/42/53 mag and instead of God/Ability x2 used Cent/Ability and maybe a V101? That way I would get about the same boost (a bit more) and also the Heavenly/Battle boost?

I'm really thinking on doing "Method 2" of that guide, as well, that way if I wanted to sacrifice a bit of MST then I could do it and have 2 available units.

My main question now is this...

Do all stats (Mag, Mats, AND units) count toward maxed stats? Or is it only Mag and Mats that count toward it? What I mean is.. is it possible if you have maxed ATP and you use a God/Power or something to go over your max ATP? I thought I read this somewhere I just want to check to make sure. Also.. with buffs (Shifta, Deband) can you go over the max?

OriginalB
Aug 21, 2009, 02:07 PM
Another question I have.. Can someone list for me the stats given per material used?

I'm trying to figure out my OWN max stat build that fits me best, and in doing so I ended up with 60 extra materials (which means im doing something wrong). I get the feeling its because not all materials give +2 stats?

Could someone help please?

EDIT: Here's what I have.. each Material gives 2 of its respective stat. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong... (Its in a txt document hope that's okay.)

Obscenity
Aug 21, 2009, 04:02 PM
Something else you might want to keep in mind is that the vast majority of people stop playing PSO before they ever max their character's stats out, so you might not want to plan your mag around that. For example, my main character is a L137 RAcast, and I just topped ten million total experience points, with over 300 hours played. To get to L200, it takes over 80 million EXP, and as infrequently as I play these days, I doubt I'll ever get there. It's nice to have goals and whatnot, but L200 just isn't realistic for most people.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 21, 2009, 06:03 PM
Maxing I believe DOES NOT mean using the maximum number of materials, it means getting your classes highest possible stats (because you can't increase all stats without limit in this game.) With mags and materials, I think it takes lvl 170 to something to do that, with the goal of having the highest of each stat possible at lvl 200. For example, if you max out your power with a mag that gives you way more power than you need, then you're wasting lvls that you might as well add to another stat. What you do depends on how high you project your character will get. I never looked at a maxing guide because I know I'll never reach 200 with any character.

Nisoth
Aug 22, 2009, 10:21 PM
That's quite the opposite of me. I always plan my character as if I'm going to max them out (although I will probably never reach 200 with any of them).
To answer one of your questions, OrignialB:
Materials, Mags and Slot Units can not take a stat betyond it's max. Weapons and armor are the only things that can do that. My friends and I differentiate them by refering to them as "Base" (capped- mag, units, materials) and "Extended" (not capped - weapons/armor).

Genoa
Aug 24, 2009, 02:00 AM
Some stats are ridiculous and shouldn't really be given too much attention ONLY if you actually someday plan on having the character at Lv.200 with max stats for bragging rights.
You can get away without the DFP stat. It's such a silly variable.
http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160555&highlight=DFP

And if you're playing a class that caps at mediocre EVP, don't bother. If it's not going to block semi-decently on ultimate, you're wasting time.

Focus primarily on HP, ATP, ATA, and MST. HUcast, FOmar, and FOmarl are not going to block often, lol, so if that's your class, pass on EVP.

Of course, as I said first, if you actually are trying to maximize your stats, please do so correctly.
But max stat planning isn't just for people who aren't casual players. Achieving Lv.200 is very time consuming.
When you're half-way into Lv.182, you're technically half-way to Lv.200 on the EXP spectrum. (83,227,800 is the EXP at Lv.200)
Just remember that...