PDA

View Full Version : GC Is "PSO episode I & II plus" worth getting?

Kenbog
Aug 22, 2009, 11:47 AM
Ive got every version of pso exept the plus version of PSOGC...
Does PSO EPI&II and PSO EPI&II plus have as much difference as V1 and V2 on DC
or is it only the offline episode 2 quest/ challenge mode thats new about it?

Somnia
Aug 22, 2009, 03:15 PM
There are some downloadable quests on the disc too, but that's all. It also fixes the dupe glitch. :P

If you're a collector, go for it! Otherwise, it's not worth the money.

Randomness
Aug 22, 2009, 03:44 PM
If you have a good PC... (how much further can I go without breaking rules?)

Kenbog
Aug 22, 2009, 04:04 PM

Well Blue burst doesn't have splitscreen multiplayer and it doesn't give much guarantee on keeping your character in the condition you have to play it...
Also the new quests and the episode 2 offline challenge sounds pretty neat, since we managed to complete the first one years back.

If you mean emulation then I have to pass on that...

Kenbog
Aug 22, 2009, 04:13 PM
oh yeah one more thing can you play characters made on the non "plus" version?

MeruAmura
Aug 22, 2009, 04:39 PM
Depends on the system. I know the GC and PC versions are Reverse compapatiable -switch back and forth- But yes+ Is awsome and gives you acess to the best EP1 quests and finally some EP2 quests.

DuRaL
Aug 23, 2009, 06:21 AM
oh yeah one more thing can you play characters made on the non "plus" version?

since you're from belgium, probably not.

the Plus version is only available as a US- and JP-version, so the savegame isn't compatible to your EU PSO savegame =/
also note that you need a completely new memorycard to save PSO Plus, because savegames from different regions can not be on the same memorycard..
If you have a US copy, however, you should be able to transfer your old characters and play them in PSO Plus, i'm just not sure if you can switch back to the old version and if you can play with your friends who don't have PSO Plus..

i guess you should ask your friends if they're keen on ep2 offline challenge mode before you get the game..
the 4 (yeah, only 4!) additinal quests are also available for download for the old PSO if you get a Broadband Adapter, which would be cheaper than getting PSO Plus ^_~

oh, and for the offline ep2 s-rank prices.. you can't trade them to your old characters either, due to different save-games (EU <-> US)

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 23, 2009, 06:54 AM
It's the only way to fight certain enemies (Merikle, Mericus, Ill Gill, Del Lily, and Epsilon) or fight certain others more than once at a time (Gi Gue, Gibbles, Mericarol) without going online, so if you want anything from those enemies, it would be a good idea.

Kenbog
Aug 23, 2009, 09:34 AM
since you're from belgium, probably not.

the Plus version is only available as a US- and JP-version, so the savegame isn't compatible to your EU PSO savegame =/
also note that you need a completely new memorycard to save PSO Plus, because savegames from different regions can not be on the same memorycard..
If you have a US copy, however, you should be able to transfer your old characters and play them in PSO Plus, i'm just not sure if you can switch back to the old version and if you can play with your friends who don't have PSO Plus..

i guess you should ask your friends if they're keen on ep2 offline challenge mode before you get the game..
the 4 (yeah, only 4!) additinal quests are also available for download for the old PSO if you get a Broadband Adapter, which would be cheaper than getting PSO Plus ^_~

oh, and for the offline ep2 s-rank prices.. you can't trade them to your old characters either, due to different save-games (EU <-> US)

Hmm only 4 quests I might consider not buying it then and download it instead...
And I don't see a reason why I cant use my characters from my old version, I have a PAL V1 and a NTSC V2 version of PSO witch are compatible.

Thanks for the info ^^

DuRaL
Aug 23, 2009, 06:27 PM
PAL V1 and NTSC V2 on Dreamcast?
well, it may be different there..
for example i can have european save-games and japanese save-games on the same VMU, but i can only have eropean OR japanese files on my gamecube memorycard..

anyway, i have PAL PSO I&II and NTSC PSO I&II Plus, and i can't use my PAL chars on the Plus version ^_~

i bought Plus mainly for offline ep2 c-mode, but my friends didn't want to play it with me, so it was a waste of money xD
i got it cheap, tho..

Genoa
Aug 25, 2009, 04:00 AM
You could just play Blue Burst on a private server, giving you access to not only episodes 1&2, but 4 along with a ton of new equipment (many which where never given on the US version) and some nifty quests and weapon tinkering.
Coming from someone who played the GC version from 02-07, I'd say after playing Blue Burst, I couldn't go back now.
We're not allowed to discuss private servers here, so google is you buddy on this one.

But... concerning Plus. If you could find it cheap, sure. If not, It's really not a big deal.

DuRaL
Aug 25, 2009, 07:10 AM
have you played the PSU demo on 360, which is full of retards and annoying little kiddies who have no idea what the game is about?
well, if you enjoyed that demo, then you should definatelly go for PSO Blue Burst on that free server, because the community there is almost the same ^_^

teamplay? no! waiting for others before activating the bosswarp? no! sharing items? NEVER! using duped TJS? of course!!

that's what the game on those servers is like ;)

oh, and i forgot to mention all those bugs, like the "boss starts only for 1 player and the others can have fun watching him die"-glitch =)

and now with that new "balancing" on PSOBB.. well, that's not the PSO i love anymore..
after trying PSO BB on that server, i was glad i could go back to ep1&2..

sorry if anyone feels offended by this post, but it's what i felt when playing BlueBurst on...that server >_>
I'd definatelly like to play it on official servers, or even a Wii/360 (arcade) version, tho

Genoa
Aug 25, 2009, 01:17 PM
Not sure when the last time you played on the server, but I found it a thousand times better than the people who played on the officials.
Besides, what stops you from playing with the PSOW community?
There's MANY of us who play it, so it wouldn't be hard to find legitimate people to play with.

Just sayin.

DuRaL
Aug 26, 2009, 05:25 AM
the community in a pay-to-play game is always better, because there are only some very rich idiots & people who actually enjoy the game..

perhaps it was because i was only on very hard, but whenever i made a team, only noobs joined.. and i don't speak about new players who aren't experienced yet, i speak about very DUMB and EGOISTIC players, like HUcasts that activate boss-warps before the team gets there, FOmars that don't resta (even when the rest of the team consists of Cast players who have only 1 HP left), etc. etc.
seriously, when a lvl 5 player does this, it's ok... but still on lvl 60+!?! how stupid can one be!?

i'm sure there are some good players, too.. but i didn't even get 2 full pages of my guild card list filled with their cards

the gamecube community probably has not more good players (because only few ppl still play on gamecube), but since there aren't 1000+ retards on gamecube, you can easily team up with the few cool players and have nice games (even without password!)

well, that's just my experience & opinion ^^
too each his own ^_~

Kenbog
Aug 26, 2009, 05:43 PM
i bought Plus mainly for offline ep2 c-mode, but my friends didn't want to play it with me, so it was a waste of money xD
i got it cheap, tho..
hmm yeah, episode I c-mode was a pain, getting all team members motivated cause we had to try over and over allot (if it didnt slowdown the framerate that much with 4 players it might be easyer...).
I might not get them motivated for episode II, well I better try that first before I buy it ^^;

Also I am looking for a local experience(splitscreen with friends) instead of an online...
I played on PC V2 on the private servers some time ago for a while I went away because I was weird because I didn't cheated on anything, and allot of the players are not really what I can say friendly.
One time a guy got pissed because I wasn't agreeing with his "while we where doing the boss, joining our legit party, teleporting to the boss (de rol le ULT), and one hit killing him with his Bringer's Rifle+99 " way of playing.
It just wasn't fun

(I do play PSU everyday though,and enjoying it)

Genoa
Aug 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
the community in a pay-to-play game is always better, because there are only some very rich idiots & people who actually enjoy the game..

perhaps it was because i was only on very hard, but whenever i made a team, only noobs joined.. and i don't speak about new players who aren't experienced yet, i speak about very DUMB and EGOISTIC players, like HUcasts that activate boss-warps before the team gets there, FOmars that don't resta (even when the rest of the team consists of Cast players who have only 1 HP left), etc. etc.
seriously, when a lvl 5 player does this, it's ok... but still on lvl 60+!?! how stupid can one be!?

i'm sure there are some good players, too.. but i didn't even get 2 full pages of my guild card list filled with their cards

the gamecube community probably has not more good players (because only few ppl still play on gamecube), but since there aren't 1000+ retards on gamecube, you can easily team up with the few cool players and have nice games (even without password!)

well, that's just my experience & opinion ^^
too each his own ^_~

The first statement is definitely incorrect.
$9.99 a month is not for the rich, please.
Basically pay-to-play means
1. You're old enough to have your own credit card and have some type of income whether it be an allowance or a job.
2. Your parents pay for your fees <---- this is where you get the majority of tards, which is a small amount.

I've never met a game that didn't have a large portion of idiots, perhaps you played with too many randoms or failed to make friends with the people who do play well.
But there's a vast majority of players who aren't tards. It simply takes a little effort to find them (and a little effort is something that tards DON'T do).

DuRaL
Aug 26, 2009, 06:13 PM
@ Kenbog: the people i play with rock ;)
anyway, if you want some offline multiplayer action and can't motivate your friends to play ep2 c-mode with you (which is a lot harder than ep1, so you'll probably retry even more chapters), i'd suggest getting Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles & Zelda 4 Sword (if you don't have them already)
4 used GBAs are cheap now, so money shouldn't be a problem here..

@ Special K: what i meant is, noone pays $10 a month for a game he doesn't like (except some rich ppl maybe)
but every jerk tries a free-to-download and free-to-play game.. it's the same with the 360 demo of PSU

perhaps you played with too many randoms or failed to make friends with the people who do play well.
But there's a vast majority of players who aren't tards. It simply takes a little effort to find them (and a little effort is something that tards DON'T do).
i've never had any problems making friends on gamecube PSO, so it's probably not my fault =)