PDA

View Full Version : First taste to BSOD

Blenjar
Feb 21, 2003, 08:42 PM
Well, I had a piece of it today, On vega ship. I want to the teleporter in that big room, want to cave I...blah that blue screen...and boom...BSOD wiht strange noises....reset didn't work..so I pressed power. Came back in game, offline and when I want on my character it said: This character omits game closing normally, item date etc. is eliminated....I lost everything that wasn't equiped on me but didn't lose my bank account....LUCKY ME!
I want crazy when I had it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-02-21 17:45 ]</font>

Atari
Feb 21, 2003, 09:34 PM
i had a FSOD last night, lost my stag, i tried that trick to transfer the stuff in multiplayer cause no message came up but it was alread gone, i also lost a flowens but i found 2 more in a HS run

rbf2000
Feb 21, 2003, 11:45 PM
You don't have to worry until you get the fusod:

http://mason.gmu.edu/~jfabian/error.jpg

EDIT: It made me really upset because challange character, Bu-EI #2, lost 300 meseta, 4 monomates, and 4 monofluids. I don't know if I will ever be able to recover.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2003-02-21 23:56 ]</font>

GandorDurin
Feb 22, 2003, 12:16 AM
On 2003-02-21 20:45, rbf2000 wrote:
You don't have to worry until you get the fusod:

Frozen Ugly Screen of Death?

Blenjar
Feb 22, 2003, 12:27 AM
lol.

Maelkith
Feb 22, 2003, 02:39 AM
fsod is bad, losing your best weapons is really annoying. i had tons of fsod's and always banked my stuff. i only lost items unequiped to an area fsod, like freezing in caves and such, or telepipe fsod. those are much less frequent than the game joining fsod.

the one fsod that really bites is the ssod or second save of death. i just lost 4 characters who's levels combined totaled 445.

when you get fsod and you lose that mkb or red sword, remember all the poor victims who lost it all. smile and think to yourself that it could have been much worse.

the_af
Feb 22, 2003, 03:07 AM
i've gotten that 'error has occured' screen a couple times, but it's only been when i leave my cube on for long periods of time (like, 12+hours unattended) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif the weird thing is, i've only ever lost stuff once.

Abaddon
Feb 22, 2003, 05:01 AM
Sounds like PSO isn't consistent with its technical problems.
Sounds pretty frightening. I for one have never been able to get online.